• Member since 2017
  • Intern

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a custom object which is similar to Opportunities. For the closing stage for the custom object, is it possible to add a stage selection the way it is shown in Opportunities?
User-added image  User-added image

Appreciate any pointers!
Hello Everyone,
I am new to salesforce and need insights on how to approach the below problem:
I need to calculate a quarterly "Next" due date based on a give date field. For example, if the original date field is 10/4/16, then the next due date would be 1/2/17 (just adding 90 days). This needs to auto populate everytime(may be I can compare with today's date to do the next calculations)
There may not be any update on the record that would trigger this action.
What is the best way to do this? I looked at formula fields, but my problem is that the original date could be more than 365 day back, and I am not sure how to proceed with the calculations in that case. I looked at tiggers, but looks its executed based on record creation or updates.

Thank you in advance!
Hello,
I am completely new to salesforce and sort of stuck on just trying to update the API versions from sandox to salesforce.
I selected the triggers and tried to deploy to production. the validation fails with the following error:
*** Deployment Log ***
Result: FAILED
Date: August 10, 2017 10:45:07 AM CDT

# Deployed From:
   Project name: sandbox

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    package.xml
   Full Name:  package.xml
   Action:  UPDATED
   Result:  SUCCESS
   Problem: n/a

File Name:    triggers/ContractTrigger.trigger
   Full Name:  ContractTrigger

# Test Results:

Run Failures:
  ActionPlanDetailController.checkGetRelatedObjectName System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlanObjectTriggerTest.testContractTrigger System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlansUtilitiesTest.APUtestGenerateObjectFeed System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlansUtilitiesTest.APUtestGetRecordOwnerId System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlansUtilitiesTest.APUtestSaveMasiveMethodPart2 System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ContractTrigger Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I appreciate any help or pointers in this direction. I am just trying to update the existing API versions and have not modifying any code.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,
I am new to salesforce and need insights on how to approach the below problem:
I need to calculate a quarterly "Next" due date based on a give date field. For example, if the original date field is 10/4/16, then the next due date would be 1/2/17 (just adding 90 days). This needs to auto populate everytime(may be I can compare with today's date to do the next calculations)
There may not be any update on the record that would trigger this action.
What is the best way to do this? I looked at formula fields, but my problem is that the original date could be more than 365 day back, and I am not sure how to proceed with the calculations in that case. I looked at tiggers, but looks its executed based on record creation or updates.

Thank you in advance!
Hello,
I am completely new to salesforce and sort of stuck on just trying to update the API versions from sandox to salesforce.
I selected the triggers and tried to deploy to production. the validation fails with the following error:
*** Deployment Log ***
Result: FAILED
Date: August 10, 2017 10:45:07 AM CDT

# Deployed From:
   Project name: sandbox

# Deploy Results:
   File Name:    package.xml
   Full Name:  package.xml

File Name:    triggers/ContractTrigger.trigger
   Full Name:  ContractTrigger

# Test Results:

Run Failures:
  ActionPlanDetailController.checkGetRelatedObjectName System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlanObjectTriggerTest.testContractTrigger System.AssertException: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlansUtilitiesTest.APUtestGenerateObjectFeed System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlansUtilitiesTest.APUtestGetRecordOwnerId System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ActionPlansUtilitiesTest.APUtestSaveMasiveMethodPart2 System.Exception: Assertion Failed: Pre deploy test failed, This may be because of custom validation rules in your Org. You can check ignore apex errors or temporarily deactivate your validation rules for Contracts and try again.
  ContractTrigger Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I appreciate any help or pointers in this direction. I am just trying to update the existing API versions and have not modifying any code.
Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone. Quick question: I have a custom object named "Projects". I would like to add stages, similar to opportunity stages, and have these stages show up as a ribbon above, (same as opportunities in lightning). How would I replicate this stage "ribbon" in custom object?

Thanks!