• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,
I have a custom object called video and this object has a master detail relationship to account and we are using person accounts.  A person account can have one to many video records.  My goal is to create a report that returns person accounts with a specific video record.   For this, I am using a report type of "accounts with videos".  

My filter criter is as shown below but this is returning all video records for the person accounts.  I expected it to return only the video record with the title "VIP".  What I am missing here?

User-added image

Hello,
I have a custom object called "contact_shows".  This custom object has master-detail relationship to the contact object; with the contact being the master and contact_shows being the detail.  I also have an external data source (SQL DB) that has the tables contact and contact_shows and there is a 1 to many relationship between contact and contact_shows on the SQL side; they are joined together via a customerid field.

We sync salesforce from an external SQL database on a nightly basis using informatica.  I have a sync job that succesfully updates/inserts (upsert) into the contact object.  The problem comes when I am trying to upsert into the contact_shows object.  The external data source doesn't know anything about the salesforce contactid which is what Salesforce uses when setting up a master detail relationship. 

How can i perform my nightly upsert in this scenario? Informatica rightfully complains that the required field 'Contact__c' is missing.  Any suggestions you have on this will be greatly appreciated.
Hi All,
I am a beginner SF developer.  I was trying to download MavensMate to use for an IDE but it appears that it's no longer being supported.  From what I have read, MavensMate was highly regarded.  What IDE should I use instead?  Eclipse or Visual studio via the extension?
Hi,
I have defined two record types (record type 1 and 2) in my salesforce instance to represent two separate business units.  On the contact object I have defined a unqiue field to make sure that the same contact cannot be inserted twice for a record type.  The problem I am running into is that if a contact exists with recrod type and I try to insert the same contact with record type 2, I get the error "duplicate values on record".  Is there a way to enforce the unqiueness of a field per recrod type?
Hello all,
I have a custom object called video and this object has a master detail relationship to account and we are using person accounts.  A person account can have one to many video records.  My goal is to create a report that returns person accounts with a specific video record.   For this, I am using a report type of "accounts with videos".  

My filter criter is as shown below but this is returning all video records for the person accounts.  I expected it to return only the video record with the title "VIP".  What I am missing here?

User-added image