• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Experts!

I created a validation rule that is meant to stop the user from changing an Opportunity from Sales Stage Qualify to Sales Stage Validate unless they enter comments on a text field called "Customer Needs." Good news is that my validation rule is firing at the correct time. Bad news is that it won't let me save the record even after I am adding comments on the "Customer Needs" text field. This is driving me crazy, could someone please take a look at my validation rule and let me know if I've written this wrong?

AND( 
OR( 
RecordTypeId = "0120U0000004MHW", /*New Non-Renewal Channel Sales Opportunity Record Type*/ 
RecordTypeId = "01270000000E9W4", /*New Non-Renewal Direct Sales OpportunityRecord Type*/ 
RecordTypeId = "01270000000E9LQ", /*Non-Renewal - Channel*/ 
RecordTypeId = "0120U0000004MPf", /*Non-Renewal - Direct*/ 
$User.ProfileId <> "00e70000000sUqN", /*System Admin Profile*/ 
Customer_Needs__c <> NULL 
), 
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Qualify"),ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Validate") 
)

Any help or insight is much, much, muhc appreciated!

Thanks in advance y'all!
  • February 12, 2018
Hi All,

I am completely lost with this code coverage message I keep on getting during my change set deployments (it's driving me crazy). Four out of the 5 error messages refer to a flow which I was able to locate via workbench but I don't know how to actually fix it. I'm not sure if turning off this specific flow during the deployments is best practice or if I should actually address this code issue -- how do I go about doing that? Any help suggestions or reference material is much appreciated. Below is a screenshot of the error message, thank you all in advance!

User-added image
  • December 11, 2017
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a validation rule based on 3 checkbox fields and a rollup field below are the details:
Checbox field A
Checkbox field B
Checkbox field C
Rollup field 

If "rollup field" = 2 but only 1 of the checkbox fields is check then throw error stating they need to also check Checkbox field B or C. I tried the following but get an error message stating "Incorrect number of parameters for function 'VALUE()'. Expected 1, received 6." Any help is much appreciated.

AND
    (Checkbox_A__c && Checkbox_B__c,
VALUE(
     Rollup_field__c, 2)

Thanks in advance!
  • November 27, 2017
I am trying to copy data from the custom "RelatedTo" field in the EmailMessage object into a custom text field within the same object. When I look for the "Related To" field from the "Insert Field" selection it does not show up.

Does anyone know how I can reference the "Related To" field from the EmailMessage object in a formula?

User-added image
  • October 03, 2017
Hi Experts!

I created a validation rule that is meant to stop the user from changing an Opportunity from Sales Stage Qualify to Sales Stage Validate unless they enter comments on a text field called "Customer Needs." Good news is that my validation rule is firing at the correct time. Bad news is that it won't let me save the record even after I am adding comments on the "Customer Needs" text field. This is driving me crazy, could someone please take a look at my validation rule and let me know if I've written this wrong?

AND( 
OR( 
RecordTypeId = "0120U0000004MHW", /*New Non-Renewal Channel Sales Opportunity Record Type*/ 
RecordTypeId = "01270000000E9W4", /*New Non-Renewal Direct Sales OpportunityRecord Type*/ 
RecordTypeId = "01270000000E9LQ", /*Non-Renewal - Channel*/ 
RecordTypeId = "0120U0000004MPf", /*Non-Renewal - Direct*/ 
$User.ProfileId <> "00e70000000sUqN", /*System Admin Profile*/ 
Customer_Needs__c <> NULL 
), 
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Qualify"),ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Validate") 
)

Any help or insight is much, much, muhc appreciated!

Thanks in advance y'all!
  • February 12, 2018
Hi All,

I am completely lost with this code coverage message I keep on getting during my change set deployments (it's driving me crazy). Four out of the 5 error messages refer to a flow which I was able to locate via workbench but I don't know how to actually fix it. I'm not sure if turning off this specific flow during the deployments is best practice or if I should actually address this code issue -- how do I go about doing that? Any help suggestions or reference material is much appreciated. Below is a screenshot of the error message, thank you all in advance!

User-added image
  • December 11, 2017
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a validation rule based on 3 checkbox fields and a rollup field below are the details:
Checbox field A
Checkbox field B
Checkbox field C
Rollup field 

If "rollup field" = 2 but only 1 of the checkbox fields is check then throw error stating they need to also check Checkbox field B or C. I tried the following but get an error message stating "Incorrect number of parameters for function 'VALUE()'. Expected 1, received 6." Any help is much appreciated.

AND
    (Checkbox_A__c && Checkbox_B__c,
VALUE(
     Rollup_field__c, 2)

Thanks in advance!
  • November 27, 2017