• 34 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How to use new Lightning Page created in the Lightning App Builder (Salesforce org) inside the Lightning Community (Builder) ? I see there is no option in the Community Builder. Whats the way to achieve this.

Thanks

• November 05, 2018
I'm in need to create a Vertical Collapsible Pane (Left Collapsible or Right Collapsible) in Lightning. I have seen examples of Horizontal Collapsible Pane but not Vertical.

Any body have any resource.

thanks
  • October 26, 2018
How to change loading (three dot symbol and spinner) symbol in lightning communities template. By default salesforce has provided those loaders, how can we customize them?

thanks

• October 15, 2018
I'm trying to build a community in Salesforce Lightning. Do anybody have better styling(CSS) or better UX/UI code of displaying data of an sObject.
This is the way the standard lightning record detail page is getting displayed which is aesthetically not looking good. Can anybody provide any custom lightning component which displays data using better styling.

User-added image

Thanks
  • October 05, 2018
Is it possible to add new action/button along with edit/delete values in drop down in salesforce lightning in the related list record.
In Opportunity record(in lightning) i have a related list. In the related list record we drop down actions edit and delete. I would like to add a custom action/button which will make a call to lightning component or vf page.

User-added image

thanks
amrut
  • September 21, 2018
I have GETRECORDIDS in OnClick Javascript button and im trying to convert the OnClick Javascript button to Lightning Component. How do i do this ?
  • September 19, 2018
Consider below example build.xml file. How do i dynamically set mkdir dir="directory" name (bolded part in the example build.xml content). Example it should change name everytime it runs and not overwrite existing directory. Example retrieveUnpackaged1, retrieveUnpackaged2, retrieveUnpackaged3 and so on

<project name="Sample usage of Salesforce Ant tasks" default="test" basedir="." xmlns:sf="antlib:com.salesforce">

<property file="build.properties"/>
    <property environment="env"/>

<condition property="sf.username" value=""> <not> <isset property="sf.username"/> </not> </condition>
    <condition property="sf.password" value=""> <not> <isset property="sf.password"/> </not> </condition>
    <condition property="sf.sessionId" value=""> <not> <isset property="sf.sessionId"/> </not> </condition>

<target name="retrieveUnpackaged">
      <mkdir dir="retrieveUnpackaged"/>
      <!-- Retrieve the contents into another directory -->
      <sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged" unpackaged="unpackaged/package.xml"/>
    </target>

Thanks
Amrut
  • September 10, 2018
Which technology is used in building Salesforce Analytics Dashboard. Is it built using Lightning Components or any other UI Framework.

Thanks

• September 04, 2018
Hi all,
can any one suggest me how to migrate existing salesforce classic community to salesforce lightning. I have made lightningStyleSheet=true for my visualforce pages which are used in sites Community portal. I'm able to see lightning look and feel in SF org. How do i enable same lightning look and feel in Communty.
  • August 24, 2018
 cmp.set('v.mycolumns', [
           {label: 'Image Here', fieldName: 'image_field',type: 'Formula'},
        ]);

The above code is displaying the URL in the lightning dataTable instead of the actual image. Image is choosen according to different criteria in the formula field. what change needs to be done to show the actual image instead of the URL. Thank you
  • June 25, 2018
Basically i would like to know, Sequence of executions that happen when the Lightning Component is invoked. Whats the background process. Entire flow. Would appreciate if any sources or explainations. Thank you
  • June 09, 2018
var action = component.get("c.fetchData");
   action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
                        var state = response.getState();
                        console.log("State " + state);
                        if (state === "SUCCESS") {
                            var storeResponse = response.getReturnValue();
                            component.set("v.Customer", storeResponse);
                            var Credit = storeResponse.field__c;
                            console.log("Credit  "+Credit);
                        } });
                    $A.enqueueAction(action);
                }

Not able to access "response.getReturnValue();" outside of setcallback, How to do that ?
  • June 08, 2018
I am attempting to replace JS buttons with quick actions. These button simply call a web service method and alert the result and need no user interaction.
With quick action a modal always seems to appear and this is not desirable.
I am calling the Webservice method in the doInit function and firing a toast event with the results and have no need for the modal popup.
Seems an oversight maybe? But is there a way to accomplish this without the modal to closely mimic the JS button functionality?
Ideally we could show the spinner without the modal
Right now I am simply calling
$A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire();
at the end of the doInit but it is not the most ideal in way of a UI to do this IMHO as it flashes the modal on the screen briefly.
  • May 30, 2018
I have made lightningStyleSheet=true for my visualforce pages which are used in sites Community portal. I'm able to see lightning look and feel in SF org. How do i enable same lightning look and feel in Communty.
  • May 01, 2018
Base class is declared as with sharing and Derived class as without sharing ? Please explain the implications
  • February 23, 2018
1. Example where Flow will help but NOT Workflow or Process Builder.
2. How to decide whether to make a method static or not ? (Other than calling method directly from Class Name).  Example would be nice.
3. Why workflow works when there's Master-Detail but NOT when there's LookUp ?
  • October 09, 2017
1. Why @future methods has to be static ?
2. Difference between Database.query() and simply querying [query].
3. In batch apex if one record fails for some reason will the entire batch fail ?
4. How to fetch failed update records of a Batch Apex ? 
  • October 08, 2017
How to change loading (three dot symbol and spinner) symbol in lightning communities template. By default salesforce has provided those loaders, how can we customize them?

thanks

• October 15, 2018

thanks

• October 15, 2018
Is it possible to add new action/button along with edit/delete values in drop down in salesforce lightning in the related list record.
In Opportunity record(in lightning) i have a related list. In the related list record we drop down actions edit and delete. I would like to add a custom action/button which will make a call to lightning component or vf page.

User-added image

thanks
amrut
  • September 21, 2018
Which technology is used in building Salesforce Analytics Dashboard. Is it built using Lightning Components or any other UI Framework.

Thanks

• September 04, 2018
Hi all,
can any one suggest me how to migrate existing salesforce classic community to salesforce lightning. I have made lightningStyleSheet=true for my visualforce pages which are used in sites Community portal. I'm able to see lightning look and feel in SF org. How do i enable same lightning look and feel in Communty.
  • August 24, 2018
var action = component.get("c.fetchData");
   action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
                        var state = response.getState();
                        console.log("State " + state);
                        if (state === "SUCCESS") {
                            var storeResponse = response.getReturnValue();
                            component.set("v.Customer", storeResponse);
                            var Credit = storeResponse.field__c;
                            console.log("Credit  "+Credit);
                        } });
                    $A.enqueueAction(action);
                }

Not able to access "response.getReturnValue();" outside of setcallback, How to do that ?
  • June 08, 2018
I have made lightningStyleSheet=true for my visualforce pages which are used in sites Community portal. I'm able to see lightning look and feel in SF org. How do i enable same lightning look and feel in Communty.
  • May 01, 2018
Hi!,

I wan't to make a quick action button on an Object, but on click I just need to fire a background record update without oppening modal. Is it possible? Something to prevent opening modal. For now I simply created an Action Button based on VisualForce page, a confirmation button inside to update the record and close modal with success message.
1. Example where Flow will help but NOT Workflow or Process Builder.
2. How to decide whether to make a method static or not ? (Other than calling method directly from Class Name).  Example would be nice.
3. Why workflow works when there's Master-Detail but NOT when there's LookUp ?
  • October 09, 2017
How you will make a class available to others for extension

hi,

I want to add a custom button in Related List.

for example  I have a custom button named add in contact and i want that button in account  Related List.

• March 26, 2011