• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to set up a formula field to return specific text and I'm hoping it's possible to use nested if statements with multiple case functions.

So, if the value in a specific field is one value, use the first case function and, if it's another, use the other case function. 

Here's what I'm trying to use but can't seem to get the syntax to work. 

IF(North_American_Parent_Account__c = TRUE,
CASE(Corresponding_User_Role__c,"Corporate","Corporate (In North America)","Student","Student (In North America)","Educator","Educator (In North America)","Bookstore","Bookstore (In North America)",
IF(North_American_Parent_Account__c = FALSE,
CASE(Corresponding_User_Role__c,"Corporate","Corporate (Outside North America)","Student","Student (Outside North America)","Educator","Educator (Outside North America)","Bookstore","Bookstore (Outside North America)"
,""
))))

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to set up a formula field to return specific text and I'm hoping it's possible to use nested if statements with multiple case functions.

So, if the value in a specific field is one value, use the first case function and, if it's another, use the other case function. 

Here's what I'm trying to use but can't seem to get the syntax to work. 

IF(North_American_Parent_Account__c = TRUE,
CASE(Corresponding_User_Role__c,"Corporate","Corporate (In North America)","Student","Student (In North America)","Educator","Educator (In North America)","Bookstore","Bookstore (In North America)",
IF(North_American_Parent_Account__c = FALSE,
CASE(Corresponding_User_Role__c,"Corporate","Corporate (Outside North America)","Student","Student (Outside North America)","Educator","Educator (Outside North America)","Bookstore","Bookstore (Outside North America)"
,""
))))

Any help would be much appreciated!