• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I am fairly new to Salesforce and this community, so please bare with me. On our case object, we have a field calls "Days Open" that counts when the case is not in the "Closed" status. However, we have added a status called "Pending" and I have run into a bit of a wall. I talked with SF Support and they suggested I turn to this community.

We want the "Days Open" counter to only count when the case is in "Open" status. Then for the counter to stop when it's moved to "Pending" and then start up again if moved back to "Open" and finally when the case is "Closed" to leave the counter in the final number. Meaning if the case is in open for 5 days, the days open counter says 5; then if I move it to pending it stays at 5 and then if I move it back to open for 3 more days, it would say 8. Then when I close the case, the counter still says 8. Any guidance at all would be appreciated and please let me know if I need to clarify anything further!
Hi, I am fairly new to Salesforce and this community, so please bare with me. On our case object, we have a field calls "Days Open" that counts when the case is not in the "Closed" status. However, we have added a status called "Pending" and I have run into a bit of a wall. I talked with SF Support and they suggested I turn to this community.

We want the "Days Open" counter to only count when the case is in "Open" status. Then for the counter to stop when it's moved to "Pending" and then start up again if moved back to "Open" and finally when the case is "Closed" to leave the counter in the final number. Meaning if the case is in open for 5 days, the days open counter says 5; then if I move it to pending it stays at 5 and then if I move it back to open for 3 more days, it would say 8. Then when I close the case, the counter still says 8. Any guidance at all would be appreciated and please let me know if I need to clarify anything further!