• 28 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Following my this question Getting Strike Input Component field value, I am getting following error whenever I change text in any input field:
c:strike_input is as it is provided component and i am not sure why I am getting this error.

User-added image

c:strike_input is as it is provided component and i am not sure why I am getting this error
I am using Strike Input component as child componet to capture Input Field as below:

<c:strike_input auraId="groupName" value="{!v.group.Name}" type="text" name="Name" label="Group Name" errorMessage="Invalid Group Name"/>

Now in the parent component controller i want to get the value of this input user entered but i am not sure how can i do it. I have registered to an event in the parent component like below:
<aura:handler name="onchange" event="c:strike_evt" action="{!c.strikeInputChanged}" />
And in the parent controller:
strikeInputChanged: function(component, event, helper) {
        var groupObj = component.get("v.groupData");
        groupObj.GroupName =  component.find("inputField").get("v.value");      
        component.set("v.groupData", groupObj);
    },
But component.find("inputField").get("v.value") is returning null. 

Please need help on this.

Hi,

I am trying to import third party library of lightning components into my Salesforce org but I am unable to do it. I have read various posts online but none of it helped me or i might do it wrong.
I tried https://andyinthecloud.com/2013/09/24/deploy-direct-from-github-to-salesforce/ but it is not working.
This is the library i want to import: https://github.com/appiphony/Strike-Components

Please need guidance on this.

Thanks
Hi,

I am trying to import third party library of lightning components into my Salesforce org but I am unable to do it. I have read various posts online but none of it helped me or i might do it wrong.
I tried https://andyinthecloud.com/2013/09/24/deploy-direct-from-github-to-salesforce/ but it is not working.
This is the library i want to import: https://github.com/appiphony/Strike-Components

Please need guidance on this.

Thanks
While working through the Trailhead for Lightning Components Basics - Handle Actions with Controllers, I got to the Check Challenge and got stumped because the system was telling me:
The campingListItem JavaScript controller isn't disabling the button correctly

I was fairly certain this message was incorrect. I even built a app that used an aura:iteration to display a group of c:campingListItem instances, and my approach was indeed disabling the button when you click on it, as specified.

My approach:

<!--  campingListItem.cmp  -->
  <ui:button label="Packed!" disabled="{!v.item.Packed__c}" press="{!c.packItem}"/>

//  campingListItemController.js
({
    packItem : function(component, event, helper) {
        var item = component.get("v.item");
        item.Packed__c = true;
        component.set("v.item", item);
    }
})

But it turns out the Trailhead Check Challenge doesn't expect you to use an expression (in markup) for the disabled attribute of the ui:button, it expects you to set the disabled attribute in the javascript controller:

//  campingListItemController.js
({
    packItem : function(component, event, helper) {
        var item = component.get("v.item");
        item.Packed__c = true;
        component.set("v.item", item);

var btnClicked = event.getSource();
        btnClicked.set("v.disabled", true);
    }
})

Does anyone have an opinion or insight on this?  Should Check Challenge be changed to expect either approach?

Working the "Handle Actions with Controllers" trailhead module and I'm not getting past the validation.
If I put the component in a test jig, I can see the button function and set the check box as expected.

Here is the code I'm using to set the item as packed...

component.set("v.item.Packed__c", true );

I'm assuming the validator does not like my syntax. Can you give me a hint to get past this?

Thanks.
John