• 5 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How can I set values from the parent record in a new child record. If you try doing this with a formula, field update or process builder the values don't show up until after you save the record. Is there any way to access these values so they appear in a new child record before it is saved?

I have seen references to using field updates or process builder to achieve this but I have not seen it work that way.

Thanks,

Tom
I feel like I must be mising something with the code provided for this method. Near the beginning of the method the instructions tell you to create a window of size 'n'.  

Later on, you pop the center word out of the window so I believe the length of the window would now be n-1.

At the end of the CBOW senction there is the following if statement:
if len(window)<n:
   continue

It seems to me that len(window) is always n-1 at this point. As a result, you continue and thus never add anyting to the examples list so the CBOW samples end up zero.

What am I missing???

Tom

How can I set values from the parent record in a new child record. If you try doing this with a formula, field update or process builder the values don't show up until after you save the record. Is there any way to access these values so they appear in a new child record before it is saved?

I have seen references to using field updates or process builder to achieve this but I have not seen it work that way.

Thanks,

Tom
I feel like I must be mising something with the code provided for this method. Near the beginning of the method the instructions tell you to create a window of size 'n'.  

Later on, you pop the center word out of the window so I believe the length of the window would now be n-1.

At the end of the CBOW senction there is the following if statement:
if len(window)<n:
   continue

It seems to me that len(window) is always n-1 at this point. As a result, you continue and thus never add anyting to the examples list so the CBOW samples end up zero.

What am I missing???

Tom

I'm working on the Word Meaning and Word2vec badge and the Hands-on: Construct examples for each W2V variant is taking forever (it's already been running for 2 hours).  Has anyone else gotten through this?  How long did this part take?

My best guess is that I have something wrong but I'm not sure what since I've gotten no error messages...but when I stoped it it looks like it's still in the while loop - do can anyone provide some guidance on where I'm wrong and what I might want to look at to get back on track?

while True:
    # TODO: select a random sentence index using random.randint and get that
    # sentence. Be careful to avoid indexing errors.
    sentence_idx = random.randint(0,len(numericalized_sentences)-1)
    sentence = numericalized_sentences[sentence_idx]
    # TODO: Select a random window index using random.randint
    # and obtain that window of size n. Be careful to avoid indexing errors.
    window_idx = random.randint(0,len(sentence)-1)
    window = sentence[window_idx:k]

if len(window) <= n//2:
      continue

Thanks!
Lynda

• January 02, 2019