• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone! 

Im having a issue with a third-party application im developing. It works nearly perfect with all the rest-calls except one thing.. 
Every morning when im starting my application and makes the first call to login.salesforce(to recive a accesstoken) i get this error. 
"SocketTimeoutException for URL https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/token, cause: Read timed out"
If i wait for 1-2min it the exception above disapear.. And this feels really weird, cause if its a read time out exception the first time, why isnt it the second time?
Is it some "wake up time" for the REST? Its a bit frustrating.

Hmm, im just a littlebit frustrated cause i cant seem to find the problem or the solution..
To make this question more easy, this is the easier way to define it : 
Why do i always get a "Read timed out"-exception the first call at the day, but the next call is working fine? 

Thanks in advance!
/Emgu
  • May 23, 2018

Hi!

Im working on a project where i want to integrate SalesForce in to a app. But im getting problems.. 
The thing is that for me, i don not want to use the username&password-flow. But the users on my application are not supposed to get authorized them self. 
When a user logs on my app the are supposed to see all their opportunitys. But i dont like the fact that i have to save my personal login-information inside my application. I have search around and Oauth2 have a flow called 'client_credentials', but SalesForce dosnt support this?(or do they). So here is my problem. I want to access data from my SalesForce connected app without my personal credentials. I would like to use the client_id and client_secret so i can access a refresh_token(example). Have anyone had the same problem? If so, how did u solve it?

Kind regards!

• April 19, 2018
Hi! 

Im 100% new to working with SalesForce. But it seems like a really interesting thing to be working with. 
Right now im going to implement SalesForce with my node app. The thing i want to show in my node application is a list of the current logged in users business-opportunities. I have been searching the forum with nerly zero succes and now im asking you guys!(who seem to be very helpful and friendly). In my head i just make a http-get call in my application and then write the opportunites out in a list. But i cant make it work.. Im up for any ideas so feel free to send me any kind of message or post somthing here. I think im just in need of some guidance.
Cheers!
  • April 03, 2018
Hello, 

I have a Salesforce Web2lead account. I know that is possible to create new leads by a POST request from a Web2Lead URL (https://webto.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8?city=Test&last_name=Testy&first_name=Test&state=CT etc. )

Is there any solution for editing a lead through a POST request similar way? For Example, is there any way to change first_name from a lead with a POST request and not by hand?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Hi All,

I understand Salesforce as a Identity Provide does not support Grant Type Client Credentail but can it interract with an Identity Provider through Grant Type Client Credentail as a Servic Provider ?

I have a requirement where Salesforce is required to authenticate itself using this grant type with IDP before accessing.

Has anyone done something similar to this in the past ?