• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm looking to create native ios and android applications for our customers. To connect our customers with their data on Salesforce I'm guessing i will need to create users for our customers. Is there some kind of free license I can use here? I don't need communities but will we need to purchase this to obtain customer licenses? I can't seem to find much info online about what is required for the mobile SDK. All online materials seem to be geared to building apps for employees to use. Which in this case having a license makes sense. Can anyone provide any further info thanks,
​​​​​​​Nathan
I basically have standard controller and an apex extension. I need the standard controller to get the current record ID. Then in my extension i use that id to find other related records. When i try to pull these fields from the extra object i get this error: 'Invalid field Title for SObject EmailMessage'

<apex:page standardController="EmailMessage" extensions="EmailFilesApex" Action={!RunSOQL}>
            <apex:pageBlock title="My Content">
          <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ERecords}" var="Record">
           <apex:column >
            <apex:facet name="header">Account Title</apex:facet>
            <apex:outputText value="{!Record.Title}"/>
           </apex:column>
           <apex:column >
            <apex:facet name="header">Id</apex:facet>
            <apex:outputText value="{!Record.Id}"/>
           </apex:column>
          </apex:pageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:page>

//Class

public with sharing class EmailFilesApex {
    public String currentRecordId {get;set;}
    public String parameterValue {get;set;}
    public Account acc{get;set;}
    public List<ContentVersion> ERecords {get; set;}    

public EmailFilesApex(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
            currentRecordId  = ApexPages.CurrentPage().getparameters().get('id');
        }

public void RunSOQL(){
            ERecords = [SELECT Title, Id, FileType FROM ContentVersion WHERE FirstPublishLocationId =:currentRecordId];

}
    }
I have basically flowed the below guide from salesforce. It works fine apart from one thing. if the user hits the previous button in my flow they are greeted with the following error message! (The delimiter of "StageVariable" stage is missing.) I really like the stage progress bar but i don't think i can keep it if the user can't return to the previous screen :(

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_config_for_flow_screens_stages.htm

I have flowed this guide and made no amends.
I have been following this post (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AkgzIAC) but I cant seem to get it working.

I have created an iframe and tried to link it to my visualforce page. 

<apex:iframe src="{!pageNameVariable}" />

pageNameVariable = '/apex/EmbeddedFile';

But when the page loads the iframes have a login window. Where it askes the user to login. How do I stop the login page from coming up. Can I pass these credentails through? or have I linked the VF page wrong in the code. 

Thanks for any help
Hi,

I need to write this as one single query as i need to display this information inside one table on visualforce.
Basically I need to

find name of document and ContentDocumentId from ContentDocumentLink  where LinkedEntityId equals an accountid for example "0016E00000ZdEEdQAN"

now in the same query i wish to find DistributionPublicUrl from ContentDistribution where ContentDocumentId  equals ContentDocumentId we found this value in the first part of the query.

I have managed to get these two querys working seperatly in my apex my using a variable to save the ContentDocumentId

here are my seperate versions:
CDRecords =[SELECT ContentDocumentId, ContentDocument.title FROM ContentDocumentLink WHERE LinkedEntityId = '0016E00000ZdEEdQAN' ALL ROWS];
CDId = CDRecords[i].ContentDocumentId;
[SELECT DistributionPublicUrl FROM ContentDistribution WHERE ContentDocumentId =:CDId]

Here is my attempt at doing one query. Im not really sure how to do this. if anyone can help me out that would be great!

SELECT ContentDocument.title
   (SELECT DistributionPublicUrl FROM ContentDistribution WHERE ContentDocumentId = ContentDocumentLink.ContentDocumentId) FROM ContentDocumentLink WHERE LinkedEntityId = '0016E00000ZdEEdQAN'
Hi,

I am very new to devleoping in salesforce and i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. 

Basically on my community I want to display an image based on the value of a picklist field on account. For each selected value i want to display a different image. Does anyone know the best way of doing this?

Im am guessing building a Custom Visualforce page/componet is the way to go. 

Maybe there is a way if doing this using HTML/Javascript

Sorry my question is so broad. Any help would be great. 
I have defined a couple of Stages (Stage 1 and Stage 2) for my flow and embedded a component to show the stages in my 2 flow screens. When I start out on the first screen Stage 1 is correctly highlighted. However when I click Next to move to screen 2 I get this error that I cannot make sense of:

The delimiter of Stage 1 stage is missing.

I have not been able find any information about this cryptic error so I am hoping others have encountered it and know what it means or that SF can shed some light on what this means. 

I have been following this post (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AkgzIAC) but I cant seem to get it working.

I have created an iframe and tried to link it to my visualforce page. 

<apex:iframe src="{!pageNameVariable}" />

pageNameVariable = '/apex/EmbeddedFile';

But when the page loads the iframes have a login window. Where it askes the user to login. How do I stop the login page from coming up. Can I pass these credentails through? or have I linked the VF page wrong in the code. 

Thanks for any help
Hi,

I am very new to devleoping in salesforce and i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. 

Basically on my community I want to display an image based on the value of a picklist field on account. For each selected value i want to display a different image. Does anyone know the best way of doing this?

Im am guessing building a Custom Visualforce page/componet is the way to go. 

Maybe there is a way if doing this using HTML/Javascript

Sorry my question is so broad. Any help would be great. 
As we work to implement an externally facing SFDC community, we need to be able to ensure zero opportunity for our internal users to inadvertently post something that will be viewed publicly when they thought it would be private.  The only way I know to do this would be to disable chatter in the external community, thereby eliminating a lot of the potential community value.  We'd like to keep chatter on specific objects, but want to ensure no chance of crossing the streams.  With thousands of employees, objects, and interactions, if it can happen, it will happen.  

So specifically, I want there to be no 'All with Access' option appearing in the internal Chatter widget on an object for internal users. 

Is this possible?
User-added image
I have a visualforce page which contains 4 tabs.In one of the tab i need to include another visualforce page.

When I tried to do this with <apex:include> i got the following error
" Error: 'apex:form' component cannot be nested within form tags "
If I remove form tag in anyof the page,it contains lots of components that can not survive without form.

For instance if I delete the form tag then it is showing the error like
" Error: <apex:selectRadio> (under <apex:page>) must occur between <apex:form></apex:form> tags. "

In this situation how can I include one visual force page inside of another..?

Any idea would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance
Chitra
Hi,

I am creating a SOQL query where the field name and the field value in where clause, both comes dynamically. Eg:

something like:

String fieldname = 'Name';
Account account = [Select Id from Acocunt where :fieldname like 'ABC'];

This doesnt works :(

Can anyone please advise, how can i get this query?

Thanks
[GM]

• March 07, 2008
I have defined a couple of Stages (Stage 1 and Stage 2) for my flow and embedded a component to show the stages in my 2 flow screens. When I start out on the first screen Stage 1 is correctly highlighted. However when I click Next to move to screen 2 I get this error that I cannot make sense of:

The delimiter of Stage 1 stage is missing.

I have not been able find any information about this cryptic error so I am hoping others have encountered it and know what it means or that SF can shed some light on what this means. 

As we work to implement an externally facing SFDC community, we need to be able to ensure zero opportunity for our internal users to inadvertently post something that will be viewed publicly when they thought it would be private.  The only way I know to do this would be to disable chatter in the external community, thereby eliminating a lot of the potential community value.  We'd like to keep chatter on specific objects, but want to ensure no chance of crossing the streams.  With thousands of employees, objects, and interactions, if it can happen, it will happen.  

So specifically, I want there to be no 'All with Access' option appearing in the internal Chatter widget on an object for internal users. 

Is this possible?
User-added image