• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm testing and playing around with the salesforce.com developer account.  I have about 40 seperate spreadsheets with a variety of contact information included in them.  High level estimate is around 35K records, but I'm thinking there may be a substantial amount of duplicates.  I'd like put together a database so further additions to the contact list can be easily find duplicates, naming convention errors, etc.  I first need to clean up the spreadsheets and remove duplicates.  I have begun this step.

Can a salesforce.com developer account hold this many records?
Should I upload them as "leads" or "contacts"?  Are there any pros / cons to either? 
Some of the spreadsheets have 23 data fields for one contact.  I believe that I will have to create "custom object" fields on either the lead or contact page to allow the import to "map" correctly.  Is this doable with a developer account?

Any other best practices I should follow?

Many thanks,

Dave
Hello,

I'm testing and playing around with the salesforce.com developer account.  I have about 40 seperate spreadsheets with a variety of contact information included in them.  High level estimate is around 35K records, but I'm thinking there may be a substantial amount of duplicates.  I'd like put together a database so further additions to the contact list can be easily find duplicates, naming convention errors, etc.  I first need to clean up the spreadsheets and remove duplicates.  I have begun this step.

Can a salesforce.com developer account hold this many records?
Should I upload them as "leads" or "contacts"?  Are there any pros / cons to either? 
Some of the spreadsheets have 23 data fields for one contact.  I believe that I will have to create "custom object" fields on either the lead or contact page to allow the import to "map" correctly.  Is this doable with a developer account?

Any other best practices I should follow?

Many thanks,

Dave
I created a brand new playground and searched for it in app exchange but no app exists to complete this challenge.

Hey,

Been working through this fine.

But when I come to do the challenge at the end it keeps bringing up an error saying:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The field 'Target_Close_Date__c' either does not exists on the Offer__c object or it is not of type date.

But I have followed all the instructions and reviewed this multiple times.
HELP.