• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Guys,

I have been using embedded service for a while, I wanted to hide the standard button and start the chat with some custom button and for that I tried to use below code snippent. However, it gives me error all the time as Cannot read property "startChat" of undefined. If I print the object embedded_svc in the console, it comes fine. However, embedded_svc.liveAgentAPI gives and error. Can you please help what may have gone wrong?

embedded_svc.liveAgentAPI.startChat({
	directToAgentRouting: {
	buttonId: “573xx0000000000”,
	// userId: “”,
	fallback: true
},
extraPrechatInfo: [],
extraPrechatFormDetails: []
});

Hello All,

I am using a visualforce page to add the embedded service chat, as it is going to be chat between internal users and agent. I want to use the logged in user name as visitor name and email. I don't need a pre chat form and want this basic information to be taken from logged in user. Is there a way by which we can do this? I saw some options to override the prechat info in script however that works only if I have a pre chat form

Thanks
Hello All,

I am using a visualforce page to add the embedded service chat, as it is going to be chat between internal users and agent. I want to use the logged in user name as visitor name and email. I don't need a pre chat form and want this basic information to be taken from logged in user. Is there a way by which we can do this? I saw some options to override the prechat info in script however that works only if I have a pre chat form

Thanks