Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have question about two governor limits;
1. CPU time
2. Heap Size

Looking at some of the testing failing arbitrory, we came to following conclusion:
1. CPU time limit is enforced asynchronous way. That means some times the apex code will terminate at ~11k msec and sometimes ~15k. Thus some tests may pass although it took more than 10k msec, just because the limit-watcher didnt catch the violoation.

However, for Heapsize limit - we were expecting this to be very hard and would always be enforced synchronously. However recently we observed that one job which was failing for heapsize in one batch, didnt fail. the only small change we had, that we added more debug data to the log objects we created (!!) 
We would like to know if this is not the case. 

If the limits are not enforced very strictly, sometimes apex code completes successfully and sometimes it doesnt.

Reposting https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000DtTl here.

Every ISV, when releases package, a developer's name is recorded against the package.  our build-CI defines a user per package against which we release the package.
Eg. package with namespace ns1 is released by user_ns1. 

We would like to get the user_ns1 details (email address) at run-time to handle the exception.  
Usecases :
  1. The post-install failures should get reported to developer  user_ns1
  2. Any uncaught exception should be reported to developer user_ns1

looking for something like  package.getPublisherInfo(namespace)
 : namespace => null  - return for current namespace. 
 : namespace => ns - return the information for the package-developers of 'ns' 
I have question about two governor limits;
1. CPU time
2. Heap Size

Looking at some of the testing failing arbitrory, we came to following conclusion:
1. CPU time limit is enforced asynchronous way. That means some times the apex code will terminate at ~11k msec and sometimes ~15k. Thus some tests may pass although it took more than 10k msec, just because the limit-watcher didnt catch the violoation.

However, for Heapsize limit - we were expecting this to be very hard and would always be enforced synchronously. However recently we observed that one job which was failing for heapsize in one batch, didnt fail. the only small change we had, that we added more debug data to the log objects we created (!!) 
We would like to know if this is not the case. 

If the limits are not enforced very strictly, sometimes apex code completes successfully and sometimes it doesnt.

Hi

can't seem to find an answer to this one anywhere !

Can i use select to SOQL picklist values ? If as I suspect the answer is 'no' what is the standard way to do this.

ta in advance