• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I notice that there isn't an Orders related list that can be displayed on the Contact layout/page via the Customer Authorized By Lookup field on the Orders object. Is there a way to create a custom related list to display all orders associated with a contact via that lookup field? Possibly via a Visualforce page or Lightning component? I imagine I can create a separate contact lookup field on the orders object, but I'd prefer not to do that if I don't have to. 
What is the best way to have a daily scheduled insert/update of a SQL Table into Salesforce Big Objects? We currently have a C# adapter to update Salesforce standard object records with SQL database data, but I'm not sure if this same approach will work for Big Objects. 

If anyone could elaborate on the best way(s) to integrate a SQL database with Salesforce Big Objects, that would be super helpful. Open to C#/.Net implementations ([we use this currently][1]), SQL Server connectors/adapters, 3rd party connector platforms, anything. Thank you!

[1]: https://github.com/developerforce/Force.com-Toolkit-for-NET
I was testing the enhanced notes in our sandbox and i noticed the insert  trigger is firing even before I finish typing.  As I type some more in the title or note body, the update triggers keep firing.  The dynamic saving as the user types is nice but I want to create a trigger to notify a specific group a new note has been added.

If I send the email notification on the insert, the new note is not complete and does not contain all the body text i entered.  The user will receive only a partial note.

How do others recommend approaching this situation?  I want to be able to capture the title and note body in an email.

Sample Trigger:
trigger Test_ContentDocument_Trigger on ContentDocument (before insert, before update, before delete,
    after insert, after update) {

List<ContentDocument> cdRecords = trigger.new;
    ContentDocument cdRec = cdRecords[0];

if(Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isInsert) {
        System.debug('....before insert trigger....');
        System.debug('......contentdocument:' + cdRec.Title);
    }
    if(Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isUpdate) {
        System.debug('....before update trigger....');
    }

if(Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isInsert) {
        System.debug('....before isInsert trigger....');
    }
    if(Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isUpdate) {
        System.debug('....before isUpdate trigger....');
    }

I was testing the enhanced notes in our sandbox and i noticed the insert  trigger is firing even before I finish typing.  As I type some more in the title or note body, the update triggers keep firing.  The dynamic saving as the user types is nice but I want to create a trigger to notify a specific group a new note has been added.

If I send the email notification on the insert, the new note is not complete and does not contain all the body text i entered.  The user will receive only a partial note.

How do others recommend approaching this situation?  I want to be able to capture the title and note body in an email.

Sample Trigger:
trigger Test_ContentDocument_Trigger on ContentDocument (before insert, before update, before delete,
    after insert, after update) {

List<ContentDocument> cdRecords = trigger.new;
    ContentDocument cdRec = cdRecords[0];

if(Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isInsert) {
        System.debug('....before insert trigger....');
    }
    if(Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isUpdate) {
        System.debug('....before update trigger....');
    }

if(Trigger.isAfter && Trigger.isInsert) {