• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All,

It is a specific requirements from my client's IT services NOT to use Apex unless it is absolutly impossible to do otherwise. Here is my need, 
I created a lightning component to update a specific field on the Case object, the user was supposed to choose a rating from radio buttons and an Apex controller modified a custom field with the selected value.

That was before I knew that they were stricly "apexless". So the question is, is there a way to update a field directly within a lightning component without using any Apex ?

I've read about Lightning Data Service, but I'm not quite sure yet that it is what I want to do as it updates the whole object and not just the field I want to modify. 

Any inputs on that ? Thank you !
Hello All,

It is a specific requirements from my client's IT services NOT to use Apex unless it is absolutly impossible to do otherwise. Here is my need, 
I created a lightning component to update a specific field on the Case object, the user was supposed to choose a rating from radio buttons and an Apex controller modified a custom field with the selected value.

That was before I knew that they were stricly "apexless". So the question is, is there a way to update a field directly within a lightning component without using any Apex ?

I've read about Lightning Data Service, but I'm not quite sure yet that it is what I want to do as it updates the whole object and not just the field I want to modify. 

Any inputs on that ? Thank you !