• 10 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a VF page called Material_Nonconformity_Report whose standard controller is an object called. Non_Conformance__c with object code a0t. One record Non Conformance record has an id of a0t3C00000118Df.

The link PageReference('/apex/Material_Nonconformity_Report') gets me to a generic, unassociated preview.

What would the link be to get to a VF page associated with a specific record?
I have a visualforce page (NCR View) embedded on an object layout (Non Conformance).  The visual force displays the relevant fields in detail view.  I made another VF page (NCR Edit) that shows the same fields in edit view.

I've created an "Edit" button on NCR View that is meant to redirect me to the NCR Edit page by calling the method OpenPage.  I will eventually create a save button on the NCR Edit that saves the info and brinds you back to NCR View.

When I click the edit button it redirects me to the new page but that page doesn't seem to really be associated to the fields in the object at all. Ideas?

My extension class: 
public PageReference OpenPage() {
        PageReference pr = new PageReference('/apex/Material_Nonconformity_Report');
        pr.setRedirect(true);
        return pr;
    }

Call to the method in NCR View:
<apex:commandButton value="Edit" action="{!OpenPage}"/>
I have a parent object called Product with two children: Inspection Record and Criteria (which designated the requirements for the part).  There is a related list on Product containing its associated criteria.  I am trying to display this list on the Inspection Record, based on the lookup inspection record has to Product.  I am currently trying a VF page with the following code:

<apex:page standardController="Inspection_Record__c">         <apex:relatedList subject=     {!Inspection_Record__c.Related_Product__c}" list="Criterias" /> </apex:page>

The error upon viewing the record is "Content cannot be displayed: 'Criterias' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Product".

Can anyone correct my code, or offer an alternative solution?
I have an object called "Inspection Record" with a related record called "Non Conformance".  Therefore, on the Inspection record I can click the button New Inspection Record and a new Non Conformance is created with the lookup field filled in.

I have a process builder that commutes some fields from Inspection Record to the associated Non conformance, but it doesn't run until I save.  Is there any way I can have a one stop button to put on the related record that essentially runs the functions of the standard actions: New, Save, then Edit?

This is just a minor inconvenience but I'd think it shouldn't be so convoluted.

Thanks,
Ian
Hi all,

I have an object called Inspection Record which has a related record on it called Inspection Data.  I made a custom button that appears on this related record called "Expanded View".  My goal is that when I click the button on Inspection Record, it brings me to the Inspection Data and sets the filter as "Inspection Record Name"=the inspection record I am leaving, for the custom view called Data View. 

Basically just looking to make a quick way to get to a bigger view of the related records, because there are >10 fields within each data record to compare

Any ideas?  Not sure if the filter part is possible, my experience with Apex syntax is very mediocre.
I have 3 objects: Parts, INS Criteria (related to Part via master detail), and Inspection (a log of the inspection data, related to Parts via lookup). How can I show relevant INS Criteria in the Inspection object?

Can I show a parent object's related list somehow? Is there another roundabout approach?  I am using classic (tragically).
I have a visualforce page (NCR View) embedded on an object layout (Non Conformance).  The visual force displays the relevant fields in detail view.  I made another VF page (NCR Edit) that shows the same fields in edit view.

I've created an "Edit" button on NCR View that is meant to redirect me to the NCR Edit page by calling the method OpenPage.  I will eventually create a save button on the NCR Edit that saves the info and brinds you back to NCR View.

When I click the edit button it redirects me to the new page but that page doesn't seem to really be associated to the fields in the object at all. Ideas?

My extension class: 
public PageReference OpenPage() {
        PageReference pr = new PageReference('/apex/Material_Nonconformity_Report');
        pr.setRedirect(true);
        return pr;
    }

Call to the method in NCR View:
<apex:commandButton value="Edit" action="{!OpenPage}"/>
I have a parent object called Product with two children: Inspection Record and Criteria (which designated the requirements for the part).  There is a related list on Product containing its associated criteria.  I am trying to display this list on the Inspection Record, based on the lookup inspection record has to Product.  I am currently trying a VF page with the following code:

<apex:page standardController="Inspection_Record__c">         <apex:relatedList subject=     {!Inspection_Record__c.Related_Product__c}" list="Criterias" /> </apex:page>

The error upon viewing the record is "Content cannot be displayed: 'Criterias' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Product".

Can anyone correct my code, or offer an alternative solution?
I have 3 objects: Parts, INS Criteria (related to Part via master detail), and Inspection (a log of the inspection data, related to Parts via lookup). How can I show relevant INS Criteria in the Inspection object?

Can I show a parent object's related list somehow? Is there another roundabout approach?  I am using classic (tragically).