• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I need to create a quick action on an object Asset that would update the status of all related records of an object Order.

The order has a field Status and I need to update the field to Completed after pushing the button for the action.

So from record of Asset I need to update related Orders.

How?

I have an odd question.

I have a parent and a child object. The child object has two record types.

I need to move the two record types one layer higher, that means on the parent object.

I need to find out where are the two record types that are on the child object at the moment, where are they being used?

I know I have to manually check all processes, but is there any other way how to find out?
Hi, I'm trying to achieve having a post to chatter action on activity timeline, all under the same tab along with new event, new task and log a call.

Help

It looks like this:
https://success.salesforce.com/servlet/rtaImage?eid=9073A000000rAB7&feoid=Body&refid=0EM3A0000003EbS (https://success.salesforce.com/servlet/rtaImage?eid=9073A000000rAB7&feoid=Body&refid=0EM3A0000003EbS)

So I recently was to install an app from AppExchange to a sandbox. I did not have the permissions to the production instance, so I used my dev org email to install the app to the sandbox.

My question is - does the private email for the dev org used to install the app to the sandbox show to any other user, can it be found when entering the sandbox?

This is a very hard question
Hey guys,

I have OWD set as Private on Opportunity and sharing rules made to grant users access to read/write.

I need users to access Opportunities, but see only those Quotes, that they own.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks
I am posting this question again because nobody knew how to solve this.

My team was creating some custom list views.

When I want to create my own custom list view, the "Name" field needs to be populated - I click in the field to add the name and all the other names added by my coleagues pop up! Some coleague even added someting personal accidentaly and it got saved.

It is as if I wrote something in google and "last searches" popped up.

I need to disable this.
I was creating a list view and as I was filling the list view name field, some previes name entries came up.

It is the same thing as if you googled something and next day you wanted to google something different, but the cookie remembered your last search and suggested you the same thing you googled yesterday, just on salesforce.

This is something I want to disable in salesforce, because it is dangerous - it might compromise privacy of individuals if they enter something personal in there by accident.

How?
Hi, I found a great trigger that would help me with my thing - it populates my Number_of_Contacts__c field on accounts with the amount of the contacts related to the account.

But now I don't know how to write test class for this trigger. I wrote test classes for triggers before, but this one is too difficult for me at the moment. Can you write the test for me please

/* Provide summary of Number of Contacts on Account record */

trigger ContactSumTrigger on Contact (after delete, after insert, after undelete,
after update) {

Contact[] cons;
    if (Trigger.isDelete)
        cons = Trigger.old;
    else
        cons = Trigger.new;

// get list of accounts
    Set<ID> acctIds = new Set<ID>();
    for (Contact con : cons) {
            acctIds.add(con.AccountId);
    }

Map<ID, Contact> contactsForAccounts = new Map<ID, Contact>([select Id
                                                            ,AccountId
                                                            from Contact
                                                            where AccountId in :acctIds]);

Map<ID, Account> acctsToUpdate = new Map<ID, Account>([select Id
                                                                 ,Number_of_Contacts__c
                                                                  from Account
                                                                  where Id in :acctIds]);

for (Account acct : acctsToUpdate.values()) {
        Set<ID> conIds = new Set<ID>();
        for (Contact con : contactsForAccounts.values()) {
            if (con.AccountId == acct.Id)
                conIds.add(con.Id);
        }
        if (acct.Number_of_Contacts__c != conIds.size())
            acct.Number_of_Contacts__c = conIds.size();
    }

update acctsToUpdate.values();

}
I have an odd question.

I have a parent and a child object. The child object has two record types.

I need to move the two record types one layer higher, that means on the parent object.

I need to find out where are the two record types that are on the child object at the moment, where are they being used?

I know I have to manually check all processes, but is there any other way how to find out?
I am posting this question again because nobody knew how to solve this.

My team was creating some custom list views.

When I want to create my own custom list view, the "Name" field needs to be populated - I click in the field to add the name and all the other names added by my coleagues pop up! Some coleague even added someting personal accidentaly and it got saved.

It is as if I wrote something in google and "last searches" popped up.

I need to disable this.
I was creating a list view and as I was filling the list view name field, some previes name entries came up.

It is the same thing as if you googled something and next day you wanted to google something different, but the cookie remembered your last search and suggested you the same thing you googled yesterday, just on salesforce.

This is something I want to disable in salesforce, because it is dangerous - it might compromise privacy of individuals if they enter something personal in there by accident.

How?
Hi, I found a great trigger that would help me with my thing - it populates my Number_of_Contacts__c field on accounts with the amount of the contacts related to the account.

But now I don't know how to write test class for this trigger. I wrote test classes for triggers before, but this one is too difficult for me at the moment. Can you write the test for me please

/* Provide summary of Number of Contacts on Account record */

trigger ContactSumTrigger on Contact (after delete, after insert, after undelete,
after update) {

Contact[] cons;
    if (Trigger.isDelete)
        cons = Trigger.old;
    else
        cons = Trigger.new;

// get list of accounts
    Set<ID> acctIds = new Set<ID>();
    for (Contact con : cons) {
            acctIds.add(con.AccountId);
    }

Map<ID, Contact> contactsForAccounts = new Map<ID, Contact>([select Id
                                                            ,AccountId
                                                            from Contact
                                                            where AccountId in :acctIds]);

Map<ID, Account> acctsToUpdate = new Map<ID, Account>([select Id
                                                                 ,Number_of_Contacts__c
                                                                  from Account
                                                                  where Id in :acctIds]);

for (Account acct : acctsToUpdate.values()) {
        Set<ID> conIds = new Set<ID>();
        for (Contact con : contactsForAccounts.values()) {
            if (con.AccountId == acct.Id)
                conIds.add(con.Id);
        }
        if (acct.Number_of_Contacts__c != conIds.size())
            acct.Number_of_Contacts__c = conIds.size();
    }

update acctsToUpdate.values();

}