• 0 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Scenario: I currently have an Action associated with the Account object that creates a new Opportunity, with fields mapped to that new Opportunity, from the Account where the user clicks the Action. I am attempting to replicate an existing business process that uses a URL hack embedded in a JavaScript button in classic. The action does everything that I need it too, except for navigating to the newly created Opportunity.

Question: Is there a method using Flows, Process Builder, or some other means, to make a 'Create a Record' Action automatically navigate to the newly created record, without the user needing to click a link in the related list, after the Action runs?

Note: I am trying to do this without writing any code, using only Administration.
Context

I have a custom Lightning Web Component that allows modification of multiple records inside of modal. Once a record is updated, I reload that same record-id, but the old data shows up instead of the new data. After thorough research, I have concluded that the Lightning Data Service is at fault here. It is caching the data in the built-in ViewState most likely. The only way to get a data refresh is by refreshing the entire web page. I found multiple articles that explain how to turn off Secure and Persistent Browser Caching, but this is an unacceptable solution, as the entire Organization will take a performance hit, to support my little Lightning Web Component. Also salesforce insists that you don't do it production:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/debug_disable_caching.htm

Question

How do I invalidate or send a ChangeNotify Event to the Lightning Data Service (in the context of Lightning Web Components), so my lightning-record-edit-form shows the updated data, instead of the old data (without refreshing the entire web page of course)?
Why are there fields missing in Trigger.new in Lightning, which are there in Classic, using the same exact Trigger Apex code?  What is the workaround to get those fields back?
Context

I have a custom Lightning Web Component that allows modification of multiple records inside of modal. Once a record is updated, I reload that same record-id, but the old data shows up instead of the new data. After thorough research, I have concluded that the Lightning Data Service is at fault here. It is caching the data in the built-in ViewState most likely. The only way to get a data refresh is by refreshing the entire web page. I found multiple articles that explain how to turn off Secure and Persistent Browser Caching, but this is an unacceptable solution, as the entire Organization will take a performance hit, to support my little Lightning Web Component. Also salesforce insists that you don't do it production:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/debug_disable_caching.htm

Question

How do I invalidate or send a ChangeNotify Event to the Lightning Data Service (in the context of Lightning Web Components), so my lightning-record-edit-form shows the updated data, instead of the old data (without refreshing the entire web page of course)?
Why are there fields missing in Trigger.new in Lightning, which are there in Classic, using the same exact Trigger Apex code?  What is the workaround to get those fields back?
Hi everybody|
I have a requirement to display canvasapp in Home page Lightning. Now I tried to create component and used it in appbuilder Home page but not visible canvasapp.
I have Mass Edit and Mass Update installed in both my Sandbox and Production orgs. When I switch to Lightning Experience the Mass Edit and Mass Update buttons appear on Opportunity and Account Lists but there is no way to actually select individual records to do the Mass Edit/Update funcitons.  Clicking either of the buttons will launch the app but with no records selected you can't do anything and/or you get an error message.  I know I can change back to Classic view to do the edits and updates but if it doesn't work in Lightning maybe they should not dispaly the buttons (?)
Hi everybody|
I have a requirement to display canvasapp in Home page Lightning. Now I tried to create component and used it in appbuilder Home page but not visible canvasapp.