• 0 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've been told by Salesforce that I need to use Apex coding to do this (permission sets, sharing rules/sets, and validation won't work), but I'm am looking for some direction on how to do it.

I have a Custom Object called Properties that is a child to Accounts. My properties are shopping centers in South Florida in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade Counties. The counties are values in a picklist field.

I'd like the community users to have visibility access to all the Properties located in each county that is selected in a Picklist (Multi-Select) field that is in the Contacts Object. Currently, without this structure, community users can see all Properties in all 3 counties.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 
How do I restrict community customers' access to data based on criteria in picklist field of Custom Object that has a Parent-Child relationship with Accounts?

For example, I have a picklist field in this Custom Object that references the county of a record. I only want records that are in X or Y county accessible to community customers. I imagine this would be done through the user profile or permission sets, but I can't see where or how to do it. 

Thanks for the help.  
I'm trying to customize the Gamification aspect in my Community to actions that are more relevant to what my users will be doing, but I can't see where I can go in and modify this drop-down list. It would seem that just like any other drop-down list that I've created in Salesforce through a custom field, I could go in and add/remove the items. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!
I'm trying to customize the Gamification aspect in my Community to actions that are more relevant to what my users will be doing, but I can't see where I can go in and modify this drop-down list. It would seem that just like any other drop-down list that I've created in Salesforce through a custom field, I could go in and add/remove the items. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!
I've been told by Salesforce that I need to use Apex coding to do this (permission sets, sharing rules/sets, and validation won't work), but I'm am looking for some direction on how to do it.

I have a Custom Object called Properties that is a child to Accounts. My properties are shopping centers in South Florida in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade Counties. The counties are values in a picklist field.

I'd like the community users to have visibility access to all the Properties located in each county that is selected in a Picklist (Multi-Select) field that is in the Contacts Object. Currently, without this structure, community users can see all Properties in all 3 counties.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.