• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

I am new to formula creation but have been a SFDC user for years. I am building some custom objects and trying to get this right from the start. 

My business sells a warranty products and I am looking to create a formula field that calculates the "Expiration Date" based on a date field ("Purchase Date") and a picklist ("Term Months") which has 12, 24, 48, 60, etc. which resemble months)

Here is the formula I am using so far but I am getting an error stating "Error: Field Purchase_Date__c may no tbe used in this type of formula

DATE(YEAR(Purchase_Date__c)+(Term_Months__c/12),MONTH(Purchase_Date__c),DAY(Purchase_Date__c))

I am not sure why I am not able to use Purchase Date if its a Date Field...Any ideas? 
Hi there,

I am new to formula creation but have been a SFDC user for years. I am building some custom objects and trying to get this right from the start. 

My business sells a warranty products and I am looking to create a formula field that calculates the "Expiration Date" based on a date field ("Purchase Date") and a picklist ("Term Months") which has 12, 24, 48, 60, etc. which resemble months)

Here is the formula I am using so far but I am getting an error stating "Error: Field Purchase_Date__c may no tbe used in this type of formula

DATE(YEAR(Purchase_Date__c)+(Term_Months__c/12),MONTH(Purchase_Date__c),DAY(Purchase_Date__c))

I am not sure why I am not able to use Purchase Date if its a Date Field...Any ideas?