• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We are an ISV and previously we published a version of our managed package to AppExchange, and several of our customers installed it. Recently we published an updated version of the package to AppExchange, and because this new version contains several bug fixes we would like to push this new version to our existing customers. 

How can we force our customers to upgrade to the latest version without asking them to manually uninstall the old version and install the new version? the AppExchange page says "Upgradable", so we hope it is possible.

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm trying to query all notes related to a contact, displaying these notes with title and textpreview and also order them by date. I also need this to be pageable.

I'm using SOQL. Now, my  solution at first was that I select all item from the ContentDocumentLink table which has the contactId I'm working on. With this I could get all ContentDocumentId for this contact (obviously these are not all Notes). The next step would be to query the ContentVersion table where I can use the ContentDocumentIds from the previous step and filter out items where the FileType are not "SNOTE".

However this solution is not really good for what I want to achieve as I still lacks the paging feature. I could use limit/offset with the ContentDocumentLink table but there not every item are Note.

I also try to worl with the ContentNote table directly but I still would need to get it to pair them to the contact so I'm kind of stucked.

Is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Thanks for the answers!
Hello,

We are an ISV and previously we published a version of our managed package to AppExchange, and several of our customers installed it. Recently we published an updated version of the package to AppExchange, and because this new version contains several bug fixes we would like to push this new version to our existing customers. 

How can we force our customers to upgrade to the latest version without asking them to manually uninstall the old version and install the new version? the AppExchange page says "Upgradable", so we hope it is possible.

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm trying to query all notes related to a contact, displaying these notes with title and textpreview and also order them by date. I also need this to be pageable.

I'm using SOQL. Now, my  solution at first was that I select all item from the ContentDocumentLink table which has the contactId I'm working on. With this I could get all ContentDocumentId for this contact (obviously these are not all Notes). The next step would be to query the ContentVersion table where I can use the ContentDocumentIds from the previous step and filter out items where the FileType are not "SNOTE".

However this solution is not really good for what I want to achieve as I still lacks the paging feature. I could use limit/offset with the ContentDocumentLink table but there not every item are Note.

I also try to worl with the ContentNote table directly but I still would need to get it to pair them to the contact so I'm kind of stucked.

Is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Thanks for the answers!