• 10 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am a beginner developer so I'm sorry if the solution is obvious but I cannot get the Account details that I have added to the outputFields to show under the column that I have created. 

I have created a button on the account object. When clicked, a pop up window opens the visualforce page that I am creating. I believe the issue is that the VF page is not pulling the Account ID since it is opening a new page. So essentially I open an account record, click the button and the table shows up blank. What do I need to do?

Button OnClick JavaScript:

var win = window.open('/apex/ecard?oppId={!Account.Id}&retURL=/apex/ForceWindowClose', 'Popup Name' ,"width=1200, height=2100, scrollbars=yes");
var timer = setInterval(function() {
    if(win.closed) {
        clearInterval(timer);
        window.location.reload();
    }
}, 500);

VF Page:

<apex:page id="pg" standardController="Account" sidebar="false">
<apex:form>
    <apex:pageBlock title="Account">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Account}" var="a" columns="1">
            <apex:column headerValue="Customer Details">
                <apex:outputField value="{!a.Name}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!a.Phone}" />
            </apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>

</apex:page>
So essentially I am trying to create some kind of overlay like the Quick Access Menu that admins have the ability to use to view fields, objects, page layouts, etc. I just want to create a custom one that allows users to view details of certain records. For instance, if a customer calls while they are in the middle of doing something, they can open the quick access menu and view the details of that customer without having to leave the page that they are on. Yes, I know opening a new tab, searching for that customer, opening the record, etc. is easy, but our environment has SO MANY details that it's often hard for our not so technical end-users to find the important details that they need the most right away. That's where the quick access menu comes in.

I tried to find the code for the existing quick access menu but I cannot find it anywhere. I just wanted to use that as a reference so I could duplicate it and replace the elements with my own custom elements in order for it to show what I need. Any help, info, or direction would be incredibly helpful.
I've done quite a bit of research to figure out if this is possible in Salesforce Classic and haven't found anything... It seems like it would be possible but I am not sure. I am basically looking to create an overlay or a menu that can pop in and out by clicking an arrow displayed on the right side of Salesforce. Pretty much exactly like the basic setup menu that is available for admins to use when a record is open. I'm wanting this menu to allow users to see details of certain records. For instance, if I want a certain account record to stay on the screen while I go look at a contact record, I can have that on the overlay and have it follow wherever I go. If I scroll, it follows. If I go to a different record, it follows. I can hide it and display it by clicking on the arrow.

I am a beginner developer so I'm sorry if the solution is obvious but I cannot get the Account details that I have added to the outputFields to show under the column that I have created. 

I have created a button on the account object. When clicked, a pop up window opens the visualforce page that I am creating. I believe the issue is that the VF page is not pulling the Account ID since it is opening a new page. So essentially I open an account record, click the button and the table shows up blank. What do I need to do?

Button OnClick JavaScript:

var win = window.open('/apex/ecard?oppId={!Account.Id}&retURL=/apex/ForceWindowClose', 'Popup Name' ,"width=1200, height=2100, scrollbars=yes");
var timer = setInterval(function() {
    if(win.closed) {
        clearInterval(timer);
        window.location.reload();
    }
}, 500);

VF Page:

<apex:page id="pg" standardController="Account" sidebar="false">
<apex:form>
    <apex:pageBlock title="Account">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Account}" var="a" columns="1">
            <apex:column headerValue="Customer Details">
                <apex:outputField value="{!a.Name}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!a.Phone}" />
            </apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>

</apex:page>
I've done quite a bit of research to figure out if this is possible in Salesforce Classic and haven't found anything... It seems like it would be possible but I am not sure. I am basically looking to create an overlay or a menu that can pop in and out by clicking an arrow displayed on the right side of Salesforce. Pretty much exactly like the basic setup menu that is available for admins to use when a record is open. I'm wanting this menu to allow users to see details of certain records. For instance, if I want a certain account record to stay on the screen while I go look at a contact record, I can have that on the overlay and have it follow wherever I go. If I scroll, it follows. If I go to a different record, it follows. I can hide it and display it by clicking on the arrow.