• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I'm trying to write a formula that will result in one of three calculations on a date:
  • if the orignial start date and CO (Change Order) license term months fields are populated, then ADDMONTHS to orignial start date, otherwise null; or
  • If the CO start date and original license term months fields are populated, then ADDMONTHS to the CO start date, otherwise null; or
  • If the CO start date and CO license term months are populated, then ADDMONTHS to the CO start date, otherwise null.
Basically I'm hoping that one of the three scenarios will populate a field with an updated date. I'm getting an error with the following formula that I'm using the incorrect parameter type for or(), expected boolean, recevied date. I've been working on this for a few days and just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong; any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!
IF ( ISBLANK( CO_Start_Date__c ) 
|| ISBLANK( Original_License_Term_Months__c ) , NULL,
 ADDMONTHS(CO_Start_Date__c, Original_License_Term_Months__c)),

IF ( ISBLANK( Original_Start_Date__c ) 
|| ISBLANK( CO_License_Term_Months__c ) , NULL,
 ADDMONTHS(Original_Start_Date__c, CO_License_Term_Months__c)),

ADDMONTHS(CO_Start_Date__c, CO_License_Term_Months__c))

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need requestors, completing a request form, to have the option to upload relevant documents before they save the record (versus saving the record and adding documents to Notes and Attachments). Similar to the screenshot attached. 

I've been searching various forums and I'm thinking it's not possible to do without knowing apex, but wanted to ask the community just in case there is a way to add this type of button. 

If not, has anyone had any experience trying to create a validation rule where a requestor clicks a checkbox "Additional Documents?" and, if they don't add documents to Notes and Attachments, the record doesn't save?

Thank you in advance!
Sample of Document Upload
Hi,

I'm using two objects: Cases and Agreements, each with two record types (NDA and MSA). I want to create a Case with a record type NDA that will create an NDA record type record in the Agreements object.

I can do this with Process Builder, except I can't seem to get the Case NDA request to create a NDA record type in Agreements - for some reason it defaults to MSA. 

Just wondering if it's possible to select various record types, (Case NDA  create Agreement NDA record) or does Process Builder only know how to create a new record in another object w/out being able to distinguish record types? If it's not possible, does anyone have any workarounds?

Thank you!
Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a simple formula that returns text when a checkbox is checked. 

I have the checkbox field and a field for the text to be diplayed:
IF( SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c = TRUE,  Deliverable_Ownership__c "All Deliverables owned by Company")
and the error code I'm getting is "Syntax error. Found Deliverable_Ownership__c", which is the field I want the text to display in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

Hi Community,

I thought this would be an easy formula, but haven't found any solutions posted. 

I have a custom date field, "Deliverable Date" and a custom number field, "Acceptance Period (Days)". 

If the Deliverable Date is 5/12/19 and the Acceptance Period (Days)" is 7, I'd like a fomula to add the 7 days to a custom formula field "Acceptance Date" that results in 5/19/19. And if the days were 6, then the Acceptance Date would be 5/18/19, and so forth.

Would this need to be a workflow vs. formula? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi all - I'm trying to create a validation rule where the date of a child record can't exceed the date of the master record.  In other words, if the master record had an end date of 7/30/19, the child record cannot have an end date of 7/31/19.

The error I get is: Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '>'. Expected Date, received Object

This is what I tried: Implementation_Date_Best_Case__c > $ObjectType.Project_Detail__c.Fields.Project_End_Date__c

Any ideas? I'm thinking it's a validation rule but if it's another function, any advice would be appreciated. thx!
Hello,
I'm trying to write a formula that will result in one of three calculations on a date:
  • if the orignial start date and CO (Change Order) license term months fields are populated, then ADDMONTHS to orignial start date, otherwise null; or
  • If the CO start date and original license term months fields are populated, then ADDMONTHS to the CO start date, otherwise null; or
  • If the CO start date and CO license term months are populated, then ADDMONTHS to the CO start date, otherwise null.
Basically I'm hoping that one of the three scenarios will populate a field with an updated date. I'm getting an error with the following formula that I'm using the incorrect parameter type for or(), expected boolean, recevied date. I've been working on this for a few days and just can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong; any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need requestors, completing a request form, to have the option to upload relevant documents before they save the record (versus saving the record and adding documents to Notes and Attachments). Similar to the screenshot attached. 

I've been searching various forums and I'm thinking it's not possible to do without knowing apex, but wanted to ask the community just in case there is a way to add this type of button. 

If not, has anyone had any experience trying to create a validation rule where a requestor clicks a checkbox "Additional Documents?" and, if they don't add documents to Notes and Attachments, the record doesn't save?

Thank you in advance!
Sample of Document Upload
Hi,

I'm using two objects: Cases and Agreements, each with two record types (NDA and MSA). I want to create a Case with a record type NDA that will create an NDA record type record in the Agreements object.

I can do this with Process Builder, except I can't seem to get the Case NDA request to create a NDA record type in Agreements - for some reason it defaults to MSA. 

Just wondering if it's possible to select various record types, (Case NDA  create Agreement NDA record) or does Process Builder only know how to create a new record in another object w/out being able to distinguish record types? If it's not possible, does anyone have any workarounds?

Thank you!
Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a simple formula that returns text when a checkbox is checked. 

I have the checkbox field and a field for the text to be diplayed:
IF( SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c = TRUE,  Deliverable_Ownership__c "All Deliverables owned by Company")
and the error code I'm getting is "Syntax error. Found Deliverable_Ownership__c", which is the field I want the text to display in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

Hi Community,

I thought this would be an easy formula, but haven't found any solutions posted. 

I have a custom date field, "Deliverable Date" and a custom number field, "Acceptance Period (Days)". 

If the Deliverable Date is 5/12/19 and the Acceptance Period (Days)" is 7, I'd like a fomula to add the 7 days to a custom formula field "Acceptance Date" that results in 5/19/19. And if the days were 6, then the Acceptance Date would be 5/18/19, and so forth.

Would this need to be a workflow vs. formula? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi all - I'm trying to create a validation rule where the date of a child record can't exceed the date of the master record.  In other words, if the master record had an end date of 7/30/19, the child record cannot have an end date of 7/31/19.

The error I get is: Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '>'. Expected Date, received Object

This is what I tried: Implementation_Date_Best_Case__c > $ObjectType.Project_Detail__c.Fields.Project_End_Date__c

Any ideas? I'm thinking it's a validation rule but if it's another function, any advice would be appreciated. thx!
I have two custom objects namely Parent__c and its related child object child__c.There is a one standard autonumber field on both objects.So my scenario is,when new parent record is created child record must start from 1
Eg.
Parent-1
Child-1
Child-2
Child-3

Parent-2
Child-1
Child-2
Child-3

But in my case Child Autonumber field is continuously getting incremented after each parent record is created.
So,How to achieve Eg given above?