• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a simple formula that returns text when a checkbox is checked. 

I have the checkbox field and a field for the text to be diplayed:
IF( SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c = TRUE,  Deliverable_Ownership__c "All Deliverables owned by Company")
and the error code I'm getting is "Syntax error. Found Deliverable_Ownership__c", which is the field I want the text to display in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

Hi Community,

I thought this would be an easy formula, but haven't found any solutions posted. 

I have a custom date field, "Deliverable Date" and a custom number field, "Acceptance Period (Days)". 

If the Deliverable Date is 5/12/19 and the Acceptance Period (Days)" is 7, I'd like a fomula to add the 7 days to a custom formula field "Acceptance Date" that results in 5/19/19. And if the days were 6, then the Acceptance Date would be 5/18/19, and so forth.

Would this need to be a workflow vs. formula? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi all - I'm trying to create a validation rule where the date of a child record can't exceed the date of the master record.  In other words, if the master record had an end date of 7/30/19, the child record cannot have an end date of 7/31/19.

The error I get is: Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '>'. Expected Date, received Object

This is what I tried: Implementation_Date_Best_Case__c > $ObjectType.Project_Detail__c.Fields.Project_End_Date__c

Any ideas? I'm thinking it's a validation rule but if it's another function, any advice would be appreciated. thx!
Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a simple formula that returns text when a checkbox is checked. 

I have the checkbox field and a field for the text to be diplayed:
IF( SOW_Name__r.All_Deliverables_owned_by_Company__c = TRUE,  Deliverable_Ownership__c "All Deliverables owned by Company")
and the error code I'm getting is "Syntax error. Found Deliverable_Ownership__c", which is the field I want the text to display in.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

Hi Community,

I thought this would be an easy formula, but haven't found any solutions posted. 

I have a custom date field, "Deliverable Date" and a custom number field, "Acceptance Period (Days)". 

If the Deliverable Date is 5/12/19 and the Acceptance Period (Days)" is 7, I'd like a fomula to add the 7 days to a custom formula field "Acceptance Date" that results in 5/19/19. And if the days were 6, then the Acceptance Date would be 5/18/19, and so forth.

Would this need to be a workflow vs. formula? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi all - I'm trying to create a validation rule where the date of a child record can't exceed the date of the master record.  In other words, if the master record had an end date of 7/30/19, the child record cannot have an end date of 7/31/19.

The error I get is: Error: Incorrect parameter type for operator '>'. Expected Date, received Object

This is what I tried: Implementation_Date_Best_Case__c > $ObjectType.Project_Detail__c.Fields.Project_End_Date__c

Any ideas? I'm thinking it's a validation rule but if it's another function, any advice would be appreciated. thx!
I have two custom objects namely Parent__c and its related child object child__c.There is a one standard autonumber field on both objects.So my scenario is,when new parent record is created child record must start from 1
Eg.
Parent-1
Child-1
Child-2
Child-3

Parent-2
Child-1
Child-2
Child-3

But in my case Child Autonumber field is continuously getting incremented after each parent record is created.
So,How to achieve Eg given above?