• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, 

We recently implemented a customer loyalty program that incentivizes customers to have a reference call, provide referrals, work with our team on case studies, provide a quote, etc. Each activity has is allocated a certain number of points. These points can then be traded in for conference passes, trainings, etc. once enough have been accrued. 

We are looking for the best way to record the points earned (and also how they are spent - for example, 400 points were cashed in for a conference pass, resulting in a new total of X). There must be a simpler way to do this instead of using Excel. 

Any ideas? 

I see how we could create a formula but wasn't sure if anyone else has done this or had any recommendations. 

Thank you!
Hey team,

Working on a scheduled Flow. Pretty simple. 

Starts by grabbing all open opps.

It then loops through all close won opps that were closed within a year--and whose account is the same account located on the opp currently within $record.id.

It counts those up, and then makes a decision based on the number of opps, and updates the opp currently in the flow.

---

What's strange is I get a bunch of those lock row errors, but the IDs it mentions are the Account IDs... not the Opportunity IDs. But I never update the Account in this flow. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nick
Hey Team,

I'm running into an issue in Flows when trying to post to chatter. It seems to put HTML tags around line breaks.

I'm using assignment rules to add to add text templates to a text variable as it moves through the Flow branches. But in the end, it'll be a single paragraph with <p> tags.

Does anyone know an effectively way to add line breaks to paragraphs in Flow when posting to chatter?

Thanks,
Nick
Hey Team,

I've been countering a strange issue--currently I'm working with support to try to figure it out, but we're hitting walls. 

I'll give the quick version first, and then more details below if you need it.

I have a super simple process builder: When a lead is converted, update a field on the contact it's converted into. However, I'm getting the error above.

---

Details:

First off, every solution built in webdev seems to work; however, it does not work in product. We've done a sandbox refresh just in case, but the process still works in webdev, but not production.

I've narrowed things down as far as I can, and I think I've come to this root cause:

It's specifically the lead conversion. For instance, I decided to bypass the process builder and build out what I'm trying to do in a flow, so I can test some more. You'll see the image attached that the update process fails. All the update process does is reference the converted contact ID (pass through Process builder) to update that contact's field.

It fails--super simple, though. You can even see in the log that it does capture the ID. 

So, I decided to use the debug method in Flow and hardcode that ID into it, and the process works just fine. Which leads me to believe that the issue is with the ID being passed through the lead conversion.

But I can't think about what the issue may be in this instance.

Has anyone ever encountered this error before and has some experience troubleshooting it?

(Also, the PB is simply: When lead is created or edited; is it converted?; launch flow. While testing, I don't have any other Lead related PBs active).

Thanks,
Nick

User-added image
Hey team,

What I'm trying to accomplish is gathering some data from two merging accounts, and posting it to chatter, before the merge happens.

We've had a few instances where issues have come up, and the answer was, "Ohhhh, it looks like this account was merged from this account." But it took digging into emails with keywords and such to see the reason why.

So I was wondering if there was a way to grab this information before the accounts are merged, and then post it to chatter in a way. 

This would require launching before the merge, and having a way to indentify both accounts within the flow. Is this action possible without code?

Thanks!

Nick
Hey guys,

I'm encountering an issue with my flow. 

The flow is triggered whenever a Campaign has a product lookup field filled out, and a campaign member status is changed to "Survey - Completed."

It then launches a meaty flow that goes through account contracts and opportunities and creates and updates. The flow itself works just fine.

The problem is when Marketing mass updates a handful of peoples. They will click on a few Campaign Members, and then click the button "Change Status," to change all of the selected members to "Survey - Completed." 

Then, it seems like every single member goes through the flow at the exact same time.

Meaning, I tried adding a Wait 5 Minutes element at the end of the flow, that way it would wait until the next member goes through it. But when I tested this with two people, both went through the flow at the exact same time. Which seems strange to me... 

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks!

Nick
Hey team,

I'm running into a problem with my flow. It works in a way.

I'll attach a picture of the flow (let me know what other information is needed).

Basically, we're trying to add up cases owned by contractors and subtract it from a number to see how many are left for that month.

So, first, there's a process builder to update a checkbox (if secondary owner is a contractor, mark "true" on Contractor_Case__c).

The flow itself is triggered whenever the secondary owner field is changed, and the "Contractor_Case__c" case is checked.

The flow then makes a choice on which product family the case belongs to. So say it's a Customer Experience case. It pulls every Case with a due date of this month, and where the contractor_case__c is checked yes. 

It loops through them all using an assignment element, it "adds 1."

After the loop, it takes thosed added numbers and subtracts it from 5 and updates Contract Cases Remaning field. 

---

The flow works if there was already an existing case with that criteria.

Meaning, when the first Customer Experience case comes in, the "Contract Cases Remaning" field is blank.

When the second one comes through, it updates that field with "4," accounting for that first one, but not accounting for the case that triggered the flow.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

User-added image
Hey guys,

Simple formula question. I'm trying to take a date field and return a year and month.

In my flow, I'm trying to make a Get Records criteria:

Due_Date__c - Equals - (This month and year formula). 

I currently have: DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1)

And it seems to be returning: March 1st, 2019. Rather than March 2019. 

Thanks,

Nick
Hey guys,

Simple formula question. I'm trying to take a date field and return a year and month.

Thanks,

Nick
Hey Team,

I've been countering a strange issue--currently I'm working with support to try to figure it out, but we're hitting walls. 

I'll give the quick version first, and then more details below if you need it.

I have a super simple process builder: When a lead is converted, update a field on the contact it's converted into. However, I'm getting the error above.

---

Details:

First off, every solution built in webdev seems to work; however, it does not work in product. We've done a sandbox refresh just in case, but the process still works in webdev, but not production.

I've narrowed things down as far as I can, and I think I've come to this root cause:

It's specifically the lead conversion. For instance, I decided to bypass the process builder and build out what I'm trying to do in a flow, so I can test some more. You'll see the image attached that the update process fails. All the update process does is reference the converted contact ID (pass through Process builder) to update that contact's field.

It fails--super simple, though. You can even see in the log that it does capture the ID. 

So, I decided to use the debug method in Flow and hardcode that ID into it, and the process works just fine. Which leads me to believe that the issue is with the ID being passed through the lead conversion.

But I can't think about what the issue may be in this instance.

Has anyone ever encountered this error before and has some experience troubleshooting it?

(Also, the PB is simply: When lead is created or edited; is it converted?; launch flow. While testing, I don't have any other Lead related PBs active).

Thanks,
Nick

User-added image
Hi all, 

We recently implemented a customer loyalty program that incentivizes customers to have a reference call, provide referrals, work with our team on case studies, provide a quote, etc. Each activity has is allocated a certain number of points. These points can then be traded in for conference passes, trainings, etc. once enough have been accrued. 

We are looking for the best way to record the points earned (and also how they are spent - for example, 400 points were cashed in for a conference pass, resulting in a new total of X). There must be a simpler way to do this instead of using Excel. 

Any ideas? 

I see how we could create a formula but wasn't sure if anyone else has done this or had any recommendations. 

Thank you!
SF helpdesk created a process to pre-fill fields on new opportunities.  I want to set this up so it does not get triggered when an opportunity is cloned.  Please help!
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Nick