• Salesforce Admin
  • Onyx Insight

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi.  I am having problems with a cross-object formula field and its probably because I'm not 100% certain on how lookup relationship fields work.
Here's the scenario: We have a custom object Project__c.  Whenever an Opportunity is set to Closed Won, a record is automatically (via a Flow) created on the Project object.  I have created a Lookup relationship field on the Opportunity to the Project__c object called Related Project.  My cross-object formula field on the Opportunity is Project Number with a formula of
Related_Project__r.Project_Number__c.  The idea is to pull the project number value from the related project record once its entered.  It is not populating.  My questions are:
  1. Does a lookup relationship field automatically get populated with the related record when it is created?  In this case, does the Related Project field on the Opportunity get populated automatically when the project record is created from the Opp?
  2. If the Project Number field on the Project__c record is populated at a later time, will this automatically update on the Opportunity in the formula field if the lookup relationship is working?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi.  I am having problems with a cross-object formula field and its probably because I'm not 100% certain on how lookup relationship fields work.
Here's the scenario: We have a custom object Project__c.  Whenever an Opportunity is set to Closed Won, a record is automatically (via a Flow) created on the Project object.  I have created a Lookup relationship field on the Opportunity to the Project__c object called Related Project.  My cross-object formula field on the Opportunity is Project Number with a formula of
Related_Project__r.Project_Number__c.  The idea is to pull the project number value from the related project record once its entered.  It is not populating.  My questions are:
  1. Does a lookup relationship field automatically get populated with the related record when it is created?  In this case, does the Related Project field on the Opportunity get populated automatically when the project record is created from the Opp?
  2. If the Project Number field on the Project__c record is populated at a later time, will this automatically update on the Opportunity in the formula field if the lookup relationship is working?
Thanks in advance for any help!