• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi! I'm working with python Simple Salesforce on tasks creation. Can sb tell me what is the real difference between task and activity?
My goal is to create a TASK object but when I am using code below, I am getting new activities, not tasks... I have no idea why...

sf.Task.create({'WhatId':id,'Subject': subject , 'OwnerId': owner, 'Type': type, 'Description':description})

Hi! Is is possible to get account owner with simple salesforce?

What I am trying:
def get_owner(par):
    data = sf.query(format_soql("SELECT AccountId FROM Contact WHERE AccountId = {}", par))
    print(data)

But result of get_owner('0013c00001pb0BAAAY')  is

OrderedDict([('totalSize', 2), ('done', True), ('records', [OrderedDict([('attributes', OrderedDict([('type', 'Contact'), ('url', '/services/data/v42.0/sobjects/Contact/0033c00002UZTOWAA5')])), ('AccountId', '0013c00001pb0BAAAY')]), OrderedDict([('attributes', OrderedDict([('type', 'Contact'), ('url', '/services/data/v42.0/sobjects/Contact/0033c00002Uatx1AAB')])), ('AccountId', '0013c00001pb0BAAAY')])])])

How to get only id or name?!
Hi!
I wanted to use python imple salesforce to get data from google sheet and import it into salesforce. In more details, I want to create tasks with information included in this excel.
Simplifying sth like this:
#sf.Task.create({'WhatId': columnD, 'Subject': columnE })

I don't think i can bulk insert it so I'm thinking how to iterate it but I have issues with iterating through cells.  Have you ever tried to insert sth from gsheet, how?

I have connected to gsheet and pulled data to dataframe.
But what then?