• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The salesforce if it involves too much coding ,then i noticed lot of complexities in the code whenever the salesforce updates some of its featues, i would like to know why would someone go for hardcore customization in salesforce instead of choosing  java and heroku? In this case ,their are quite a lot of advantages like
1: no limits as in salesforce
2: licenses are cheap so if the user count is high , it will profitable in the long run
3: No need to have dependency on the existing functionality which may mess with the functionality required.( i have personally been through this, where an existing functionality completely complicated the custom development required)
4: And also need not concern the code breaking because of any standard functionality changes in salesforce ( i have been through this when creating the dynamic thread id in salesforce ,it crashes at some time and no guarante will it work later)

Do share your thoughts to it.

Thanks and Regards,
Shiva RV
could any one explain even though i wrote standard controlller 
 <apex:page standardController="japan__c" recordSetVar="jap">
    <apex:dataTable value="{!jap}" var="a">
        <apex:column value="{!a.name}" />
    </apex:dataTable>
</apex:page>
User-added image
i am unable to see Visualforce in page layout. do i need enable anything in specific . 

Hi,

When our app makes a callout to an external webservice over SSL, we get the following Exception:

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

This doesn't happen with regular http callout. our certificate is NOT expired on the target server and everything seems to be normal. no alert or anything from the browser.

any idea?

Thanks,

P.S We need to resolve this for security review.

Message Edited by Bms270 on 05-14-2009 07:17 PM
Message Edited by Bms270 on 05-14-2009 07:19 PM