• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello everyone, I want to create a SOQL query to solve an issue I have with a field that I want to filter information from. The field records names of people in the record of this custom object. The issue is, that when there are 3 records in which the field for the first record is filled with "X", the second with "X, Y" and the third with "X, Y, Z", the data is difficult to use for reports/dashboards as it gives you three different records rather than recognising 3 records for X, 2 for Y and 1 for Z. 

Essentially I want to create a SOQL Query that pulls all records from the database in which the records field contains X and then repeat that query for every single individual, so I have a singular number for every individual.

The first issue I ran into is that I cannot use the CONTAINS operator in SQOL. Can I instead use LIKE %X%? Does anyone have experience with a process like this? Am I on the right track with my idea?

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 
Hello everyone, I want to create a SOQL query to solve an issue I have with a field that I want to filter information from. The field records names of people in the record of this custom object. The issue is, that when there are 3 records in which the field for the first record is filled with "X", the second with "X, Y" and the third with "X, Y, Z", the data is difficult to use for reports/dashboards as it gives you three different records rather than recognising 3 records for X, 2 for Y and 1 for Z. 

Essentially I want to create a SOQL Query that pulls all records from the database in which the records field contains X and then repeat that query for every single individual, so I have a singular number for every individual.

The first issue I ran into is that I cannot use the CONTAINS operator in SQOL. Can I instead use LIKE %X%? Does anyone have experience with a process like this? Am I on the right track with my idea?

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.