• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,
Salesforce sent us an automatic email with the details given in the following documentation:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000351312&type=1&mode=1

Is here someone who received this email and knows what exactly to do?. I already ran the Salesforce CLI (first command line) but there were no results:

sfdx force:data:soql:query -q "SELECT LogFile, EventType, CreatedDate FROM EventLogFile WHERE EventType IN ('API', 'RestApi')" -u <username>

I am wondering if such Salesforce suggestions would really help.

I would appreciate recommendations, tips.
Hi all,
I am trying to discover why while compiling a test class method, this is telling me 'Variable doesn't exist' in the row:
System.assertEquals(testEntitlement.Id

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong?:

@isTest
    private static void EntitlementUpdate() {
    //ARRANGE
        User serviceUser = [
        SELECT
            Id
        FROM
            User
        WHERE
            Email =: 'test.serviceuser@google.com'
    ];

Account testAccount = [
        SELECT 
            Id 
        FROM 
            Account];

Product2 testProduct = [
        SELECT 
            Id 
        FROM 
            Product2];

CaseAsset__c testCaseAsset = new CaseAsset__c(Name='Test Case Asset', Account__c=testAccount.Id, SerialNumber__c='123', Product__c = testProduct.Id, StartDate__c = System.today(), EndDate__c = System.today() + );
    testCaseAsset.OwnerId = serviceUser.ID;

insert testCaseAsset;

//ACT
    test.startTest();
    System.runAs(serviceUser){
        Entitlement testEntitlement = new Entitlement();
		testEntitlement.AccountID = testCaseAsset.Account__c;
		testEntitlement.Name = testCaseAsset.Name;
        testEntitlement.CasesPerEntitlement = integer.valueOf(testCaseAsset.NoOfCasesPerYear__c);
        testEntitlement.EndDate = testCaseAsset.EndDate__c;
        testEntitlement.StartDate = testCaseAsset.StartDate__c;
        testEntitlement.IsPerIncident = true;
        testEntitlement.CaseAsset__c = testCaseAsset.Id;
        testEntitlement.RemainingCases = integer.valueOf(testCaseAsset.NoOfCasesPerYear__c);
		insert testEntitlement;
    }   
    test.stopTest();
    //ASSERT
    Entitlement testEntitlementAfterProcess = [
        SELECT 
            Id,
            Name
        FROM 
            Entitlement
        ];
        System.assertEquals(testEntitlement.Id,
                        testEntitlementAfterProcess.Name,
                        'Entitlement not created');

}

Hi all,

I am in some way confused about how to write a formula reproducing the field Target Date field (object Case Milestone) in a custom field in the Case object.

I don't know if someone has worked with Milestones and knows what I am talking about.

Case Milestones Fields:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_casemilestone.htm

I am thinking about a formula like this for example for our First Response Milestone:

CreatedDate + MilestonesTimeTrigger - TIME OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS x MilestonesTimeTrigger

Where:
CreatedDate: Daytime when the case was created
MilestonesTimeTrigger: Within every milestone you have to set after how many minutes, hours or days the SLA will expire
TIME OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS: Say, your company has as business hours 8am - 5pm. The rest of the daytime won't be used for calculation of when teh target date is, that means 15 hours
The Target Date in a Milestone is given this way e.g. '05.02.2021, 11:56'.

I am wondering if there is a possibility to reproduce the target date in a formula field on the Case so this custom field is displayed in the way it is in the Case Milestone.

Any tips will be appreciated.
Hi all,
we have the situation that cases are created and given to a queue first. When cases are created they have first the status 'New'.
We have more than a queue but we would like to make this happen:

If the status is New and the case owner is the queue Customer Support, if the owner changes from this queue to an individual user,the status of the case should change to 'Assigned'.

I have trying long hours to let this run but I am getting the process builder as failed.

For the condition I have been using this formula:

AND(
ISCHANGED([Case].OwnerId ),
PRIORVALUE([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT([Case].OwnerId,3)= "005"
 )
Unfortunately I am getting the error:

Error Occurred During Flow "test": In the formula: AND( ISCHANGED({!myVariable_current.OwnerId} ), PRIORVA...

Error element myDecision (FlowDecision).
In the formula: AND(
ISCHANGED({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​ ),
PRIORVALUE({​​​!myVariable_current.Owner:Queue.DeveloperName}​​​) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​,3)= "005"
 ), the relationship reference accessing field: DeveloperName is unsupported in ISCHANGED and PRIORVALUE

I see there are some limitations using process builder for solving this requeriment.
Is there anyone here who knows how it would be with a trigger?.

Hi all,

is anybody here using the Strang Mass Field Download tool and encountered some limitations in the tool?.

Is the price still the current one?: 10$ per user per month?.

I am afraid they will take out the tool from the market and then users who purchased it won't be able to use the tool anymore. That is my fear.
Hi all,
I am trying to create a formula illustrating the following situation:

On the standard object User I created a custom field of type Currency. This should contain the costs pro employee say for hour of work.

We have a custom object with which we should be able to track how long it takes for the Owner of a case to work on a case (Team A).
But we also would like to track how long it takes for the Task assignee to work on the Task (Team B). For this we have the field Duration in minutes.
The object is Timesheet__c.

Now I am thinking of a formula doing this:

IF Task --> indicate the AssignedTo in this Task.
           Multiplicate AssignedTo__r.Cost__c X Duration__c
IF Case --> indicate the CaseOwner in this Case.
           Multiplicate CaseOwner__r.Cost__c X Duration__c

where AssignedTo and CaseOwner are lookups to User.
We also have a lookup to the Case object.

The field that should contain the formula is Cost__c on the Timesheet object.

I don't know if my description is understandable. If it is, is such a formula field with that conditions feasable in Salesforce? or should we use a trigger instead?
Hi all,
as this is not standard in Salesforce I am researching if there are possibilities to mass download attachments from emails. For example, if our client sends us an email with 40 files and we would like to download all these files at once and not one at a time.
I would appreciate from your experience if you could recommend a tool for that.

Hi all,
my question may be somewhat weird. In our situation we would like to notify additional recipients when a milestone was violated. As email alerts are offering the use of a public group or case team as recipient (not CC), I am testing the functionality in our DEV application.
Does it macke sense to use a public group or a case team as recipient or when doesn't it make sense?. We would like to notify additionally the team lead and web team lead.
Hi all,
as we need a list view or a report showing cases in a specific status, say 'Waiting for feedback', how can we set a field with a date in order to track when a case goes to status 'Waiting for feedback' for the first time (since the creation of a case).
Would you use process builder for it or is there a possibility with a formula field?
Hi all,
I created a process builder flow which is unfortunately not doing what it should do.
I would like to send a custom notification to Queue members when the Case Status = New and either the Milestone in it is violated or is about to end.
This is the Action to be executed when the Milestone is about to end:

User-added image

User-added image

This wouldn't be so different when violated. The issue is probably the recipient. Probably you can not send custom notifications to a Queue or Queue members.

Can somebody please confirm me if I am wrong?
Hi all,

is it possible to download attachments in Salesforce at once without having to do it one after another?.
If there isn't any possibilty als workaround in Salesforce, is there any AppExchange tool that you recommend us (if possible what is the price?).
Hi all,

I could not find documentations about if an unmanaged package needs a namespace or a namespace is mandatory for it. I only know that managed packages need a namespace.
But the unmanaged ones?.

Hi all,

we are analyzing the use of permission groups for two teams, which don't have too many differences. We have differences in page layouts. Team A can see some fields on a Case page layout, that are not needed for Team B.
There are permission which are not needed for team B and needed in team A. Besides, Team A needs access to some objects, that Team B doesn't need.
Unfortunately permission set groups don't give you the possibility to assign page layouts, compact layouts, record pages which are assigned on the profile level.
If we use permission set groups how can we achieve a connection with such components?.
The another question is if we would need two permission  set groups as we have team A and team B.
Hi all,

I am trying to run a validation rule, but this is not even allowing me to set the required field and the message is only showing 'Snag it'.
Here the requirements first (object Case):
Case Subtype should be filled if Case Status is either ('On Hold' and substatuses 'On Hold X'/'On Hold Y'/'On Hold Z/On Hold W'
OR
Case Status ('Escalated'  and Substatuses 'Escalated A'/'Escalated B'/'Escalated C'/'Escalated D')
OR
Case Status ('Assigned' and Substatuses 'Assigned-Support'/'Assigned-Production')
OR Case Status ('Closed' and Substatuses 'Closed A'/'Closed B')

The Case Substatus field is based on a picklist value set of the same name.

Here my validation rule:

AND(
ISBLANK(TEXT(CaseType__c)),  
OR(
OR(AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - X')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - Y')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - Z')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - W'))
),
OR(AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - A')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - B')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - C')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'On Hold - D'))
),
OR(AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Closed'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Closed - A')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Closed'), ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Closed - B'))
),
OR(AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Assigned'),
ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Assigned - Production')),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Assigned'),
ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Assigned - Support')))
)
)
)

Hi together,
I am looking for technical/architechture advice.

We would like to associate two objects, but one of them is in a Salesforce org and the another in another Salesforce org.
For example, Sales Contracts/Subscriptions with CPQ are in one org (our suctomer is using this org for years). We would like to associate Entitlements with Sales Contracts. Entitlements are in another org.

Are there ways to link or associate both objects which belong to different orgs?.
I am trying to run a pair of vaildations rules, but they are not working good.
Case Subtype should be filled if Case Status is either 'On Hold', 'Escalated' or (Case Status = 'Assigned' and Case Substatus = 'Assigned-Support')
Work-Size should be filled if Case Subtype is filled
All these are picklists.

These are my validation rules:

1. Empty_Case_Type:

IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'),
ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Assigned'),ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Assigned - Support'))),
true, false)
2. Empty_Work_Size:

IF(NOT(ISBLANK(TEXT(CaseType__c))),
true, false)
Unfortunately the combination is not working.
If I have already a value in the field Case Type and I choose Status=Assigned and Substatus='Assigned-Support' the validation rule is still asking me for selecting a value in the field Case Type OR

If I have already a value in both fields Case Type and Work Size and I choose Status= Assigned and Substatus='Assigned-Support' the validation rule still asks for selecting a value in the field Case Type.

No idea what can be wrong in my validation rules.
I would appreciate any advice.

Hi all,

I am unfortunately unable to make a fifth column visible in a Related List - Single component on a Lightning Record Page. This is about showing Cases from a Parent Account.
I tried changing the type of the related list as 'Enhanced list', but this doesn't change anything. I still see only 4 fields and their values in the component.
Does anybody know, if it is possible to show more than 4 fields/columns in a Related List - Single component?
Hi all,

I had been trying to remove a profile assignment within an Omni-Channel Skill but when I try to save the record, I get the message "Unsufficient privileges".
I had then a contact with the Salesforce Support and they say this is because we don't have a 'Chat User' license.

I am not sure if they are right as I had some bad experience with their assessment where they were not correct in what they said.

I would appreciate if someone could give us some guidance. Anyone who also tried to edit and save an Omni-Channel Skill record?

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Hi all,
Happy New Year!.

Here I am with a new question. A colleague of mine said best practice is to use Permission Set Groups and Permission Sets instead of Profiles. We are deploying through CI/CD (GIT) and he said there could be problems if using profiles.

I would appreciate if experts using Permission Set Groups could tell me from their experience. Is that so, it is better to use them instead of profiles?. In which cases it is better to use them?
Hi all,

I am trying to schedule a Service Appointment in a Trailhead Playground environment. When I go to Candidates, it says "No candidates found".
I can not drag the Service Appointment to the Gantt chart either.
The blue triangle icon is indicating "Earliest Start Permitted", "Working Hours" and "Contractor Availability". No idea what I have to fix here or where to go to analyze or compare the "Earliest Start Permitted". There are no "Working Hours" and "Contractor Availability" work rules as such, so I don't know then:

- Why my service appointment is displaying me the blue icon with exclamation point
- When is it possible to drag a service appointment to the Gantt chart or when my Gantt chart will show me any service appointment on the Dispatcher Console?

I hope to find help here :(.User-added image
Hi all,
Salesforce sent us an automatic email with the details given in the following documentation:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000351312&type=1&mode=1

Is here someone who received this email and knows what exactly to do?. I already ran the Salesforce CLI (first command line) but there were no results:

sfdx force:data:soql:query -q "SELECT LogFile, EventType, CreatedDate FROM EventLogFile WHERE EventType IN ('API', 'RestApi')" -u <username>

I am wondering if such Salesforce suggestions would really help.

I would appreciate recommendations, tips.
Hi all,
we have the situation that cases are created and given to a queue first. When cases are created they have first the status 'New'.
We have more than a queue but we would like to make this happen:

If the status is New and the case owner is the queue Customer Support, if the owner changes from this queue to an individual user,the status of the case should change to 'Assigned'.

I have trying long hours to let this run but I am getting the process builder as failed.

For the condition I have been using this formula:

AND(
ISCHANGED([Case].OwnerId ),
PRIORVALUE([Case].Owner:Queue.DeveloperName) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT([Case].OwnerId,3)= "005"
 )
Unfortunately I am getting the error:

Error Occurred During Flow "test": In the formula: AND( ISCHANGED({!myVariable_current.OwnerId} ), PRIORVA...

Error element myDecision (FlowDecision).
In the formula: AND(
ISCHANGED({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​ ),
PRIORVALUE({​​​!myVariable_current.Owner:Queue.DeveloperName}​​​) = "Customer_Support",
LEFT({​​​!myVariable_current.OwnerId}​​​,3)= "005"
 ), the relationship reference accessing field: DeveloperName is unsupported in ISCHANGED and PRIORVALUE

I see there are some limitations using process builder for solving this requeriment.
Is there anyone here who knows how it would be with a trigger?.

Hi all,

is anybody here using the Strang Mass Field Download tool and encountered some limitations in the tool?.

Is the price still the current one?: 10$ per user per month?.

I am afraid they will take out the tool from the market and then users who purchased it won't be able to use the tool anymore. That is my fear.
Hi all,
as this is not standard in Salesforce I am researching if there are possibilities to mass download attachments from emails. For example, if our client sends us an email with 40 files and we would like to download all these files at once and not one at a time.
I would appreciate from your experience if you could recommend a tool for that.

Hi all,
I created a process builder flow which is unfortunately not doing what it should do.
I would like to send a custom notification to Queue members when the Case Status = New and either the Milestone in it is violated or is about to end.
This is the Action to be executed when the Milestone is about to end:

User-added image

User-added image

This wouldn't be so different when violated. The issue is probably the recipient. Probably you can not send custom notifications to a Queue or Queue members.

Can somebody please confirm me if I am wrong?
Hi all,

we are analyzing the use of permission groups for two teams, which don't have too many differences. We have differences in page layouts. Team A can see some fields on a Case page layout, that are not needed for Team B.
There are permission which are not needed for team B and needed in team A. Besides, Team A needs access to some objects, that Team B doesn't need.
Unfortunately permission set groups don't give you the possibility to assign page layouts, compact layouts, record pages which are assigned on the profile level.
If we use permission set groups how can we achieve a connection with such components?.
The another question is if we would need two permission  set groups as we have team A and team B.
I am trying to run a pair of vaildations rules, but they are not working good.
Case Subtype should be filled if Case Status is either 'On Hold', 'Escalated' or (Case Status = 'Assigned' and Case Substatus = 'Assigned-Support')
Work-Size should be filled if Case Subtype is filled
All these are picklists.

These are my validation rules:

1. Empty_Case_Type:

IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'On Hold'),
ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Escalated'),
AND(ISPICKVAL(Status, 'Assigned'),ISPICKVAL(SubStatus__c, 'Assigned - Support'))),
true, false)
2. Empty_Work_Size:

IF(NOT(ISBLANK(TEXT(CaseType__c))),
true, false)
Unfortunately the combination is not working.
If I have already a value in the field Case Type and I choose Status=Assigned and Substatus='Assigned-Support' the validation rule is still asking me for selecting a value in the field Case Type OR

If I have already a value in both fields Case Type and Work Size and I choose Status= Assigned and Substatus='Assigned-Support' the validation rule still asks for selecting a value in the field Case Type.

No idea what can be wrong in my validation rules.
I would appreciate any advice.

Hi all,

I am unfortunately unable to make a fifth column visible in a Related List - Single component on a Lightning Record Page. This is about showing Cases from a Parent Account.
I tried changing the type of the related list as 'Enhanced list', but this doesn't change anything. I still see only 4 fields and their values in the component.
Does anybody know, if it is possible to show more than 4 fields/columns in a Related List - Single component?
Hi all,
Happy New Year!.

Here I am with a new question. A colleague of mine said best practice is to use Permission Set Groups and Permission Sets instead of Profiles. We are deploying through CI/CD (GIT) and he said there could be problems if using profiles.

I would appreciate if experts using Permission Set Groups could tell me from their experience. Is that so, it is better to use them instead of profiles?. In which cases it is better to use them?
Hi all,

I am trying to schedule a Service Appointment in a Trailhead Playground environment. When I go to Candidates, it says "No candidates found".
I can not drag the Service Appointment to the Gantt chart either.
The blue triangle icon is indicating "Earliest Start Permitted", "Working Hours" and "Contractor Availability". No idea what I have to fix here or where to go to analyze or compare the "Earliest Start Permitted". There are no "Working Hours" and "Contractor Availability" work rules as such, so I don't know then:

- Why my service appointment is displaying me the blue icon with exclamation point
- When is it possible to drag a service appointment to the Gantt chart or when my Gantt chart will show me any service appointment on the Dispatcher Console?

I hope to find help here :(.User-added image
Hi all,

I was at the Field Service Office Hours a week ago. I asked there which are the most important permission sets / permission set licenses to use in Field Service and which are the optional ones. Unfortuantely the answer in the Office Hours was not too convincent for my understanding. It actually didn't respond to my question.

Are there here Field Service Implementation Consultants who can give me here some guidance?. Which are best practices in order to choose the right permission sets / permission set licenses, which ones are optional and why?.

I would appreciate some guidance here but from your experience and not from Salesforce links.
Hi all,

we have an environment where standard and custom objects and fields are in German. We need the translations in French from our customers, so but they asked us for sending a list of field/object labels in German that wil need translations.
I am looking for a good tool in order to make them available this list and once they fill the list with the translaton I should be able to import the file in order to insert them in the Translations feature in Salesforce in the corresponding supported language which in this case would be French.
Does anybody know a best practice or had o deal with such task?. What is the best way for both tasks:

- Provide customers with a list of the field / object labels in one language (we have this in German)
- Does anybody know a Translation template so after this is filled it can be imported directly to the Translations in the corresponding language to translate?. In our case that would be French.

Any help from experience would be appreciated.
Hi all,
we have a very difficult project requirement coming from Switzerland. They want German as their default corporate language.
They don't want want the Language Settings to contain English (grey color). I hadn't added English to the Settings. It was already there, probably when you get a new Salesforce Lightning application, at least English comes automatically selected in the Language Settings?. Not sure.

Unfortunately even if I set German as the Language in every user profile/record, I am not able to deselect English in the Language Settings. There is a note which says: "Languages that appear in gray are currently used by your company, users, or both. They cannot be deactivated in Salesforce".

I wanted to ask you and hopefully I get this clear:

1. How can it be that English appears as already selected in the Language Settings and can not be deactivated?
2. Where do these greyed Languages come from?
3. Anybody here who could let it deactivate by the Salesforce Support per experience? (Support Reqest, opened a case)
4. Which are the risks of having this selected (English) as Language Setting when you want to have your application in German or another language for example or when your default corporate language is another language than English?
Seeking a way to update case field after milestone processing. We have tried several options like flow with process builder, apex trigger (with/without @Future annotation) but ... whatever we try .... case field is not updated.

To sketch the scenario:
On the case, we would like to have a field to contain the deadline for the active milestone. So when we complete the current milestone ... this custom field get's populated with the deadline.

Now we can do this whenever a field update on the case has been performed ... but it seems that milestone processing takes place after triggers and after process builder. I have seen some samples out there but  ... I'm having a hard time to get this working while it sounds so easy.

- milestone is completed / case deadline is populated by next milestone

All help & support is much appreciated.
Hi all

I have an after update Trigger which runs off AgentWork. If the WorkItemId of the AgentWork record is a Case and field AcceptDateTime changes, then the Trigger updates a field on the related Case.

Now, all of that works like a charm. However, writing a Unit Test Class for this has proven slightly tricky and I'm hoping someone in here can help me with that.

I keep getting this error: "System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, The agent's status is not associated with the channel for this work.: [ServiceChannelId]"

The User inserting the AgentWork record in the Unit Test Class has a Profile which is coupled with our ServiceChannel and the AgentWork record I'm trying to insert has ServiceChannelId, WorkItemId (Id of Parent Case) and UserId (of User with correct Profile) set.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Søren Nødskov Hansen
Something Cloud