• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created change set and trying to retrieve change set in VS code. I am using below command:
sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve -r retrieval -p Test_CHANGESET -u MYORG

But i am getting below error:
ERROR running force:mdapi:retrieve: Timeout awaiting 'request' for 10000ms

any idea how to solve this?

PS. i have noticed that when this command runs it shows " sending request to org (metadata API version undefined). Not sure if this has to do anything with error. 
Org is using Contact Hierarchies. It's generated automatically based on report to field which is standard functionality. let say contact A is on top. Contact B is reporting to contact A and Contact C is reporting to Contact B. We are using custom field "inactive" on contact object. 
So let say when we mark Contact B Inactive then it should be either replace it with new person who has been assigned to that role. If i simply remove "report to" filed from contact B then it will be removed from contact hierarchies but in that case Contact C will be also not show up in contact hierarchies since it report to contact B which is inactive. 
So is there any work around to keep Contact Hierarchies up to date automatically whenever any contact mark inactive?
I am new to coding and have a question.

Reuirement is: I have custom field (checkbox) named " inactive". another standard field on same object named "Report to". "Report To" field have lookup relationship to contact itself. 

I want to remove any value in "report to" or i would say i want to make "report to" field null if "inacitve" field is checked. 

Can you help me write trigger for it. 
I have created change set and trying to retrieve change set in VS code. I am using below command:
sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve -r retrieval -p Test_CHANGESET -u MYORG

But i am getting below error:
ERROR running force:mdapi:retrieve: Timeout awaiting 'request' for 10000ms

any idea how to solve this?

PS. i have noticed that when this command runs it shows " sending request to org (metadata API version undefined). Not sure if this has to do anything with error. 
I Have few  questions on this step.

How many custom report types are needed?
I thought about 2, but can't properly figure out the correct objects:
  • Users with Volunteer Shift Worker Records 
    • A Primary Object = Users,  has at least one B record
    • B Secondary Object = Volunteer Shift, has at least one C record
    • C Tertiary Object = Volunteer Shift Worker
  • Accounts with Vol Activities with Vol Jobs
    • A Primary Object = Account, has at least one B record
    • B Secondary Object = Volunteer Activities, has at least one C record
    • C Tertiary object = Volunteer Jobs
What Am I missing here?

Thanks