• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created multiple custom hierarchy fields in the user object for dynamic approvers configuration. When working on the approval steps > select assigned approvers, the 2nd option should be "Automatically assign an approver using a standard or custom hierarchy field" to select the custom hierarchy fields. However, it only gives the option "Automatically assign using the user field selected earlier. (Manager)". There is no option to select the custom hierarchy field.

Is this a special SFDC feature to be enabled by the support team, or am I missing something? Please help!

* This is the SFDC help page of selecting the approver: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=approvals_step_approver.htm&type=5

• October 20, 2020
Hi all! We developed custom Lightning components and override standard actions for an object like View, Edit and some other with these components. It works OK, but now we've got the task to have two record types for this object and the new record type should have standard page layouts, not our components. The problem is overriding standard actions affects all record types. Is there any way to achieve what we need?
I created multiple custom hierarchy fields in the user object for dynamic approvers configuration. When working on the approval steps > select assigned approvers, the 2nd option should be "Automatically assign an approver using a standard or custom hierarchy field" to select the custom hierarchy fields. However, it only gives the option "Automatically assign using the user field selected earlier. (Manager)". There is no option to select the custom hierarchy field.

Is this a special SFDC feature to be enabled by the support team, or am I missing something? Please help!

* This is the SFDC help page of selecting the approver: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=approvals_step_approver.htm&type=5

• October 20, 2020

• October 20, 2020
Hi all! We developed custom Lightning components and override standard actions for an object like View, Edit and some other with these components. It works OK, but now we've got the task to have two record types for this object and the new record type should have standard page layouts, not our components. The problem is overriding standard actions affects all record types. Is there any way to achieve what we need?