• 0 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello. We have multiple digital experience sites which customers can log in to, each with a custom domain https://x.mycompany.com and hyyps://y.mycompany.com. When users navigate from one to the other they are asked to log in again. How can we modifiy this behaviour so users only have to log in once, and can navigate freely back and forth between the two sites?
Hi all. The customisable user settings component has a change password button in it. Is it possible to display only the change password button and embed it in a custom user profile page? For example, perhaps the source for the customisable user settings component is available somewhere where the password change button can be extracted and implemented into a custom component?
Hi all. We have a community site and are trying to setup a user info page where they can reset their password and look at / change some of their info. We are using the Customizable user settings component but we don't want users to be able to change their email address and we want to hide the language and localisation settings. How can this be achieved?
Hello. We are currently using external identity licences + their OAUTH endpoints to allow users to log into a custom desktop app. When users log in they have to address a dialog asking them to authorize our desktop app to access their Salesforce data.

Is it possible to supress this? Or perhaps pre-arrange the level or access so the dialog can be skipped? It seems silly to me that our companies app has to ask to permission to access the data we store on our own customers.

Cheers, Aaron.
Hi. I want to use the data query REST endpoint to access ServiceContract data from the context of a Community Cloud user.

Contracts are listed as something that Community Cloud licences have access to, but it looks like they don't have access to ServiceContract data (I originally thought these were the same thing).

For example, the following query works within the developer console in Salesforce, and the REST query works if using an employee auth-token, but when queried on behalf of a Community Cloud user the query fails:

{{url}}/services/data/v51.0/query/?q=SELECT StartDate,EndDate FROM ServiceContract

Error:
[
    {
        "message": "\nSELECT StartDate,EndDate FROM ServiceContract\n                              ^\nERROR at Row:1:Column:31\nsObject type 'ServiceContract' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.",
        "errorCode": "INVALID_TYPE"
    }
]

I can't find an option to enable access to the ServiceContract object in the CommunityCloud users profile.

So how can I enable this?

Cheers, Aaron.
Is it possible for customer user accounts (external identity) to access the web apis?

I have am basically trying to access the REST APIs to query account info from the context of an end customer. I have an external identity profile setup with API access enabled, and have setup a connected app, and the profile has access to the connected app. But attempting to authenticate via the oath endpoint always fails with an "invalid grant" error.

Any ideas?

Is there an official C# SDK for accessing either the Salesforce REST or SOAP APIs?

There are a few NUGET packages that are old, crusty and don't seem to work or have good documentation.

Would setting for an SDK in any language at this point really.
Hi. Are there any APIs for registering new external identity user accounts? For example, if I wanted to integrate a user onboarding workflow into a desktop application.
Hi all. Just hopped on here looking for advice really. We have customers who have accounts and service contracts in Salesforce and would like to create an external platform that users can self-register for. But the problem of linking self registered users on an external platform to existing customer accounts + service contract info is a tad daunting and a bit outside of my personal experience. So I am wondering if anyone had any advice for this particular situation for a) linking self registered users to existing customer data in SF, and b) extracting that data from an external source.

Cheers.
Is it possible for customer user accounts (external identity) to access the web apis?

I have am basically trying to access the REST APIs to query account info from the context of an end customer. I have an external identity profile setup with API access enabled, and have setup a connected app, and the profile has access to the connected app. But attempting to authenticate via the oath endpoint always fails with an "invalid grant" error.

Any ideas?