• 0 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am in the challenge Deploy Lightning Web Component through VS Code. I can authorize my org but when I go to deploy my org I get the message "bikeCard error vale too long for field sourch maximum length 131072.  A Trailhead Support person sent me a link from this Forum with the message below:
"This is presumably because the maximum length of the database row the source is stored in is 131072 characters long.
You will need to split your component into multiple, smaller components to get under this maximum limit. The design principles of LWC is that you have many smaller components that make up the large components".

I do not know how to split the component into smaller pieces, components. I am very new to Salesforce. I am going for the Salesforce Platform Developer Certification. This is the last Module to take before the exam. There is also a Project Module to take which will help me enhance my skill set before the exam. I cannot deploy the component because of the length size. Has anyone had the same issue? Is there a link of instructions that I can follow? I am a bit confused and just want to work through this get it done so I can learn from it and move onto the next module then prepare for the exam. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.!!!
I am on the challenge to create an app page for bike card component in Trailhead. I am the trail to obtain my Salesforce Platform Developer certerfication. In VS Code I am to create a project bikeCard, authorize an org, deploy the bikeCard component from VS Code to my Salesforce org. I have an old (dinosaur)computer I am working with VS Code verison 2022 It is very slow but was able to authorize an org and it connected to my Salesforce org just last week. I was having issues with Deploying the component over to Salesforce - I got message invalid suffix .json, error value too long for field source maximum length is 131072. I uninstalled then reinstalled - I did this last week without too much issue - today I did it now get new message "the terminal process failed to launch Invalid starting directory" I have attached sreen shot. I am lost. I need help. I tried to figure out on my own. I need help. I need VS Code working to deploy component to pass challenge to move onto get my CertificationVS Code Terminal Message
I am on the challenge to create an app page for bike card component in Trailhead. I am the trail to obtain my Salesforce Platform Developer certerfication. In VS Code I am to create a project bikeCard, authorize an org, deploy the bikeCard component from VS Code to my Salesforce org. I have an old (dinosaur)computer I am working with VS Code verison 2022 It is very slow but was able to authorize an org and it connected to my Salesforce org just last week. I was having issues with Deploying the component over to Salesforce - I got message invalid suffix .json, error value too long for field source maximum length is 131072. I uninstalled then reinstalled - I did this last week without too much issue - today I did it now get new message "the terminal process failed to launch Invalid starting directory" I have attached sreen shot. I am lost. I need help. I tried to figure out on my own. I need help. I need VS Code working to deploy component to pass challenge to move onto get my CertificationVS Code Terminal message
I am working on the exercice in Navigate and Edit Source Code - I ccreated the Apex Class and was trying to execute using  -  Debug | Open Execute Anonymous Window. as per the instructions - I put in my email address and clicked execute but I do not get any email response showing my execute worked - What did I do wrong? I attached screen shots of my code . Thank youscreen shot of my codescreen shot of my codescreen shot of my code
I am following the exercise to Create Custom Controller Apex Class in Visualforce Basics -  I created the class and page ContactsListWithController - I added all the required code - I have a problem with the new action method - At the end the instructions say "Although the visual appearance remains the same, if you click the First Name and Last Name column headers now, they will change the sort order for the contacts list. Nice!" I do not get First Name or Last Name columns to click - I only get Last Name and when I click nothing happens - I am attaching screenshots of my code - I do not understand what I did wrong. Please check my code so can figure this out. Thank youscreen shot of my codescreen shot of my codescreen shot of my code
I completed the challenge for this section but I cannot get my exercise to work - I followed the instructions to create the ContactsListWithController page and class - I am supposed to see a Last Name and First Name where I can click to see it changes the sort. When I click on preview I only see a link for Last Name there is no First Name and the Last Name does not sort - I posted my code before I will post it again now - I did get a reply from a Trailhead support person who suggested I rewrite my code into another file - I did that and it still is not working - Can someone else help me I would really like to get it to work or find out what I did wrong - Screen shot of my codeScreen shot of my codeScreen shot of my code
I am in the challenge Deploy Lightning Web Component through VS Code. I can authorize my org but when I go to deploy my org I get the message "bikeCard error vale too long for field sourch maximum length 131072.  A Trailhead Support person sent me a link from this Forum with the message below:
"This is presumably because the maximum length of the database row the source is stored in is 131072 characters long.
You will need to split your component into multiple, smaller components to get under this maximum limit. The design principles of LWC is that you have many smaller components that make up the large components".

I do not know how to split the component into smaller pieces, components. I am very new to Salesforce. I am going for the Salesforce Platform Developer Certification. This is the last Module to take before the exam. There is also a Project Module to take which will help me enhance my skill set before the exam. I cannot deploy the component because of the length size. Has anyone had the same issue? Is there a link of instructions that I can follow? I am a bit confused and just want to work through this get it done so I can learn from it and move onto the next module then prepare for the exam. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.!!!
I am on the challenge to create an app page for bike card component in Trailhead. I am the trail to obtain my Salesforce Platform Developer certerfication. In VS Code I am to create a project bikeCard, authorize an org, deploy the bikeCard component from VS Code to my Salesforce org. I have an old (dinosaur)computer I am working with VS Code verison 2022 It is very slow but was able to authorize an org and it connected to my Salesforce org just last week. I was having issues with Deploying the component over to Salesforce - I got message invalid suffix .json, error value too long for field source maximum length is 131072. I uninstalled then reinstalled - I did this last week without too much issue - today I did it now get new message "the terminal process failed to launch Invalid starting directory" I have attached sreen shot. I am lost. I need help. I tried to figure out on my own. I need help. I need VS Code working to deploy component to pass challenge to move onto get my CertificationVS Code Terminal Message
I am on the challenge to create an app page for bike card component in Trailhead. I am the trail to obtain my Salesforce Platform Developer certerfication. In VS Code I am to create a project bikeCard, authorize an org, deploy the bikeCard component from VS Code to my Salesforce org. I have an old (dinosaur)computer I am working with VS Code verison 2022 It is very slow but was able to authorize an org and it connected to my Salesforce org just last week. I was having issues with Deploying the component over to Salesforce - I got message invalid suffix .json, error value too long for field source maximum length is 131072. I uninstalled then reinstalled - I did this last week without too much issue - today I did it now get new message "the terminal process failed to launch Invalid starting directory" I have attached sreen shot. I am lost. I need help. I tried to figure out on my own. I need help. I need VS Code working to deploy component to pass challenge to move onto get my CertificationVS Code Terminal message
I am working on the exercice in Navigate and Edit Source Code - I ccreated the Apex Class and was trying to execute using  -  Debug | Open Execute Anonymous Window. as per the instructions - I put in my email address and clicked execute but I do not get any email response showing my execute worked - What did I do wrong? I attached screen shots of my code . Thank youscreen shot of my codescreen shot of my codescreen shot of my code
I completed the challenge for this section but I cannot get my exercise to work - I followed the instructions to create the ContactsListWithController page and class - I am supposed to see a Last Name and First Name where I can click to see it changes the sort. When I click on preview I only see a link for Last Name there is no First Name and the Last Name does not sort - I posted my code before I will post it again now - I did get a reply from a Trailhead support person who suggested I rewrite my code into another file - I did that and it still is not working - Can someone else help me I would really like to get it to work or find out what I did wrong - Screen shot of my codeScreen shot of my codeScreen shot of my code