• 20 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to populate an account field that is Free Text (Long) with a multi-select picklist field on the opportunity object. Workflow builder doesn't allow for a multi-select picklist cannot be used as the operator. In process builder I was running into the issue where I could not select the desired multi-select opp field. Is this because of the field type being multi-select or is there something I am missing?
To expand on this, when we mark an opp as Closed Lost, there are two fields Primary & Secondary Loss reason (both have same picklist options). One of the options is "Product Gap" which should then open another picklist called "Product Gap Area" that offers a more specific breakdown of the product gap along with a free text field to further expand if need be. The goal is to have this "Product Gap Area" & "Product Gap Details" appear when Product Gap is selected as Primary or Secondary loss reason. 
I have two picklists created "Lost To" which just has two standard options and then another field "Competitors" that is multi-select. I want to mandate so that when either option is selected in "Lost To" so that the "Competitors" multi-select field is then required to have at least one entry. 

This is what I tried for a validation rule:
AND(
(OR(ISPICKVAL( Lost_To__c , "Incumbent"),ISPICKVAL( Lost_To__c, "Competitor"))),(AND( ISPICKVAL( Competitor__c ))))
but received the syntax error regardind the limited functions of multi-select picklists. Also to note, changing to a standard picklist isn't an option. 

Any insight is appreciated!
To expand on this, when we mark an opp as Closed Lost, there are two fields Primary & Secondary Loss reason (both have same picklist options). One of the options is "Product Gap" which should then open another picklist called "Product Gap Area" that offers a more specific breakdown of the product gap along with a free text field to further expand if need be. The goal is to have this "Product Gap Area" & "Product Gap Details" appear when Product Gap is selected as Primary or Secondary loss reason. 
I have two picklists created "Lost To" which just has two standard options and then another field "Competitors" that is multi-select. I want to mandate so that when either option is selected in "Lost To" so that the "Competitors" multi-select field is then required to have at least one entry. 

This is what I tried for a validation rule:
AND(
(OR(ISPICKVAL( Lost_To__c , "Incumbent"),ISPICKVAL( Lost_To__c, "Competitor"))),(AND( ISPICKVAL( Competitor__c ))))
but received the syntax error regardind the limited functions of multi-select picklists. Also to note, changing to a standard picklist isn't an option. 

Any insight is appreciated!