• 10 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Currently, I'm supporting custom object integration with external system through triggers and future callouts, but it seems like if a customer is mapping that custom object then he would have to create a trigger manually with standard code (common for standard objects) in salesforce calling TriggerHandlerClass and FutureCallouts. Is there any better way to do custom object's integration?
  • August 25, 2021
I have a TriggerHandler class, which is quite generic and my trigger template remains same for every object needed for my usecase. Please tell me How do i configure the trigger scripts somehow, so that based on the object name I pass, it creates a trigger for that object (Standard objects as well as custom ones), can this be achieveable through custom metadata or any other things?
  • August 23, 2021

I'm trying to integrate my system with salesforce and want to package my components (triggers and classes).

I'm trying to create a package for my app, so that customers can directly install it from the URL i.e unmanaged package. Currently, I have created a Custom Metadata so that cliet can configure the URL, Token and other authentication details. These authentication details will be filled as a custom metadata record and my endpoint from Apex class will then be called to send the necessary information.

My question is 

Is there any better way to make the installation of unmanaged packages more flexible because right now customers will have to set up a new record providing the URL and token details which can change for any other customer?

• August 23, 2021

Questions

I’m trying to create an integration between salesforce and the other product. As there are no webhooks functionality in salesforce, we tried integrating it through Apex trigger with future callouts which sends the payload of any assets(Account, Case, Opportunity, Lead) at the time of (create/update) to the respective REST endpoints.
The endpoint is made configurable with the help of Custom Metadata. The customer will have to create a record in the metadata which will be used to track the respective endpoint with other authentication parameters which will again be mentioned in fields of Metadata and is configurable.

The first question
Are there any better ways to achieve this functionality rather than packaging Custom Metadata ?

The other part is packaging the components(triggers, classes, metadata). We tried with the approach of creating an unmanaged package, but we are not able to avoid Test Suites for the same.

Are there any ways to avoid running test cases or making the test cases more generic so that while deploying, it can adjust with the customer’s org without any maintenance of the Test Suites written for our usecase?

We are trying to integrate Custom Objects too with our product in a similar fashion, the trigger code seems to be same as the Standard trigger and there is no difference except ObjectName
but how to write or configure test cases for custom objects without maintenance in the client’s org?

• August 20, 2021
Currently, I'm supporting custom object integration with external system through triggers and future callouts, but it seems like if a customer is mapping that custom object then he would have to create a trigger manually with standard code (common for standard objects) in salesforce calling TriggerHandlerClass and FutureCallouts. Is there any better way to do custom object's integration?
  • August 25, 2021

Questions

I’m trying to create an integration between salesforce and the other product. As there are no webhooks functionality in salesforce, we tried integrating it through Apex trigger with future callouts which sends the payload of any assets(Account, Case, Opportunity, Lead) at the time of (create/update) to the respective REST endpoints.
The endpoint is made configurable with the help of Custom Metadata. The customer will have to create a record in the metadata which will be used to track the respective endpoint with other authentication parameters which will again be mentioned in fields of Metadata and is configurable.

The first question
Are there any better ways to achieve this functionality rather than packaging Custom Metadata ?

The other part is packaging the components(triggers, classes, metadata). We tried with the approach of creating an unmanaged package, but we are not able to avoid Test Suites for the same.

Are there any ways to avoid running test cases or making the test cases more generic so that while deploying, it can adjust with the customer’s org without any maintenance of the Test Suites written for our usecase?

We are trying to integrate Custom Objects too with our product in a similar fashion, the trigger code seems to be same as the Standard trigger and there is no difference except ObjectName
but how to write or configure test cases for custom objects without maintenance in the client’s org?

• August 20, 2021