• Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I created a process builder that would create additional contacts capture on a lead record when the lead is converted. 

However when the user converts the lead, they recieve the following error message:

There was an error converting the lead. Please resolve the following error and try again: We can't save this record because the “Higher Ed - Additional Contact Creation on Lead Conversion” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: ContactTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Class.methods_Contact.checkContactDupe: line 419, column 1 Class.th_Contact.OnBeforeInsert: line 95, column 1 Trigger.ContactTrigger: line 27, column 1. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide. Error ID: 572035254-126199 (-482495930)ok up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide. Error ID: 572035254-126199 (-482495930)

I'm not what do. The user still needs to convert the lead. If there is additional contact that is duplicate, we want the system to use the existing contact record. Is there a way to do this in the process builder so it wouldn't cause an error with the Contact Trigger?

User-added image
Hi All,

I created a process builder that would create additional contacts capture on a lead record when the lead is converted. 

However when the user converts the lead, they recieve the following error message:

There was an error converting the lead. Please resolve the following error and try again: We can't save this record because the “Higher Ed - Additional Contact Creation on Lead Conversion” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: ContactTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object Class.methods_Contact.checkContactDupe: line 419, column 1 Class.th_Contact.OnBeforeInsert: line 95, column 1 Trigger.ContactTrigger: line 27, column 1. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide. Error ID: 572035254-126199 (-482495930)ok up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide. Error ID: 572035254-126199 (-482495930)

I'm not what do. The user still needs to convert the lead. If there is additional contact that is duplicate, we want the system to use the existing contact record. Is there a way to do this in the process builder so it wouldn't cause an error with the Contact Trigger?

User-added image