• 20 Points
  • Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, i have a question i would like to add a condition to this validation rule :

i have an opportunity type picklist is A, B and C related to an other custom object type picklist has 1,2 and 3. the opportunity can not take the value C if the custom object is not 3.

i write this validation rule
AND( ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.Type, "C"), NOT(ISPICKVAL(Custom_Object__c.Picklist_Field__c, "3")) )

But i would like to add a condition to this validation rule :
if a value on Account object is D, the validation rule does not apply

I created this Validation Rule that when a user with a specific profile creates or modify an opportunity, he must fill in the Next step fields  
OR(
$Profile.Name ="2F00eb0000000YhB7",
$Profile.Name ="2F00e9E000000ae9h",
$Profile.Name ="2F00eb0000000YhB1",
ISBLANK(NextStep),
ISBLANK( Next_Step_By__c ),)

but I'd like to add a condition: when the opportunity is Lost, these fields are no longer mandatory.

I tried to add this but it doesn’t work

AND(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"Opportunity Lost"),NOT (ISBLANK( NextStep))),

Do you have any idea ?

Hi, if opportunity type picklist is A, B and C related to an other custom object type picklist has 1,2 and 3. the opportunity can not take the value C if the custom object is not 3.
Can you help me with this validation rule ?
Thank you
Hello, i have a question i would like to add a condition to this validation rule :

i have an opportunity type picklist is A, B and C related to an other custom object type picklist has 1,2 and 3. the opportunity can not take the value C if the custom object is not 3.

i write this validation rule
AND( ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.Type, "C"), NOT(ISPICKVAL(Custom_Object__c.Picklist_Field__c, "3")) )

But i would like to add a condition to this validation rule :
if a value on Account object is D, the validation rule does not apply

I created this Validation Rule that when a user with a specific profile creates or modify an opportunity, he must fill in the Next step fields  
OR(
$Profile.Name ="2F00eb0000000YhB7",
$Profile.Name ="2F00e9E000000ae9h",
$Profile.Name ="2F00eb0000000YhB1",
ISBLANK(NextStep),
ISBLANK( Next_Step_By__c ),)

but I'd like to add a condition: when the opportunity is Lost, these fields are no longer mandatory.

I tried to add this but it doesn’t work

AND(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"Opportunity Lost"),NOT (ISBLANK( NextStep))),

Do you have any idea ?

Hi, if opportunity type picklist is A, B and C related to an other custom object type picklist has 1,2 and 3. the opportunity can not take the value C if the custom object is not 3.
Can you help me with this validation rule ?
Thank you