• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd really like to query reports from the API:

1. Query the list of available reports (for example, to fill a drop-down)

2. For a given report, query the columns and rows.

I saw a screen shot from Got Campaigner that seems to indicate this is possible. Can it be done using either the partner or enterprise API? The API docs don't have any relevant hits when searching for Reports.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Message Edited by Mike Sax on 06-22-2005 01:20 AM

Does the delegated authentication feature now also work for support portal users (ie: not salesforce.com users, but our customers) in Summer 2005? How would we go about activating this?

Thanks!

-- Mike

I'm looking for some information on ASP.NET / salesforce.com best practices...  For example, if you provide something on your website that accesses the Salesforce.com API (let's say product registration), Do you do a login / logout for each transaction?  Per session?  Or do you login once and store the session keys in your Application object? What kind of load in terms of calls and simultaneous logins does the API handle? Any information (or pointer to information) would be very helpful.

Thanks!

-- Mike

We're in the process of converting to Salesforce.com... Our current (old, pure ASP.NET based) self-service contains a number of services that are specific to the customers but that the Salesforce.com self-service portal doesn't provide (for example, download registered products).

We'd like to avoid requiring customers to have two sets of username/password combinations.

At this point, the only solution we can see is to still use our own username/password and replicate the Salesforce self-service interface in ASP.net (calling SOAP in the background in real time).  This seems like a lot of work (especially when the tree-base knowledgebase comes out with Winter 05), and we'd be concerned about performance.

So is there anyway to either transfer the user's login creditials in either direction? I haven't looked into how Microsoft Passport does this, but they seemed to have found a way to do this.

Thanks!

-- Mike

I saw a screen shot from Got Campaigner that seems to indicate this is possible. Can it be done using either the partner or enterprise API? The API docs don't have any relevant hits when searching for Reports.

Thanks!

-- Mike

We just published a list of changes in the 7.0 API.

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2005/11/whats_new_in_th.html

Let us know if you have questions!

Thanks!

-- Mike

I'm looking for some information on ASP.NET / salesforce.com best practices...  For example, if you provide something on your website that accesses the Salesforce.com API (let's say product registration), Do you do a login / logout for each transaction?  Per session?  Or do you login once and store the session keys in your Application object? What kind of load in terms of calls and simultaneous logins does the API handle? Any information (or pointer to information) would be very helpful.

Thanks!

-- Mike