• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I've successfully implemented a simple SForce Control in the developer edition. But when I was about to deploy it in our Enterprise Edition the SForce Control option wasn't avalible. When can we expect to have this functionality in Enterprise Edition?

Regards

Daniel

Is it possible to have more user accounts in the developer version of SalesForce?

We would like to be able to use more than two roles at the same time i.e. during internal educations.

Best Regards

/H Nilsson
Ki Consulting

Hi !

When we try to add or edit a Campaign layout in the developer version, we can't. We just get the "Insufficient privileges" message below, why?

Best Regards

H Nilsson
Ki Consulting

Insufficient privileges.

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Click here to return to the previous page.

Hello

When adding a task in SalesForce it is possible to send an email notification. Is that feature also available through the API?

Best regards

/H Nilsson
Ki Consulting

Hello,

When I try to add my 13'th field to Opportunities I get the follwing error message:

Custom field limit exceeded
Either you or your organization has exceeded the maximum number of custom fields allowed in the system. Please contact your administrator for more information.

How does that relate to the 250 possible custom fields in our developer edition?

Best regards

/H Nilsson

Hello,

What is the maximum number of items returned in a query call? If the query returns more than that, will I get an exception?

Regards

Daniel

Hello,

I get error 1245 when I try to insert contacts using the batch call. What is the max number of items that can be processed in a batch call?

regards
Daniel

I'm trying to use a DateTime in a filter query. When I try to execute the query I get the following exception:

The server returned the following fault information:
Fault Code: 1003
Fault string: null parameter

What am I doing wrong? Using filters with other fields is no problem, just datetime fields.
The code I'm using follows below (C#, SOAP API).

public bool testDateTime(){  
   Logon();
   object[] ret;
   DateTime lastTime = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-2);

object[] filter = new object[] {
      MakeSimpleFilter(
         "lastModifiedDate",
         lastTime,
         "greater than"
      )
   };

string[] selectList = new string[]{
      "id",
      "name",
      "lastModifiedDate"
   };   

try{
      ret = (object[]) sForce.query("opportunity", 20, true, selectList, filter);
   }catch (SoapHeaderException ex) {
      //This is typical error handling for fault detection and reporting, the .Net Proxy client actually throws an
      //error rather than return the fault SOAP Message.
      Trace.WriteLine("The server returned the following fault information:");
      Trace.WriteLine("Fault Code: " + ((XmlQualifiedName)  ((SoapException)ex).Code).Name);
      Trace.WriteLine("Fault string: " + ex.Message);
      return false;
   }
   //Parsing of reply
   return true;
}

regards

Daniel
Ki Consulting

How can I test the rate limiting features with the SOAP Api? In order to correctly handle this exception I need some examples of a rate limiting response.

Regards
tssupport
Ki Consulting

Hi!

I'm having problems login in from the sforce browser using the same user/password combination as I'm using for the community site. I'm getting a "Login Failed" message box telling me that the username or password is invalid. Why?

UPDATE: I've just tried logging in via the SOAP API, doesn't work either...

UPDATE 2: I've already found the problem. It's in the url to the SOAP API. For us in Sweden it should be http://emea..... and not http://na1...... Can the sforce Browser Visual Studio add-in be customised to use another url? 

Best Regards

H Nilsson
Ki Consulting

Message Edited by tssupport on 06-03-2003 12:56 PM

Message Edited by tssupport on 06-03-2003 03:01 PM

Hello,

When I try to add my 13'th field to Opportunities I get the follwing error message:

Custom field limit exceeded
Either you or your organization has exceeded the maximum number of custom fields allowed in the system. Please contact your administrator for more information.

How does that relate to the 250 possible custom fields in our developer edition?

Best regards

/H Nilsson

Is there anyway one could add more than 7 custom fields to their accounts database? thank you.

How can I test the rate limiting features with the SOAP Api? In order to correctly handle this exception I need some examples of a rate limiting response.

Regards
tssupport
Ki Consulting

Hi,

I am trying to build a small test case and would like to know what url i should use to get to the WSDL definition? should i use the sforce.wsdl file from the sample or is there a wsdl url on your server so that i always get the latest definition?

thanks

Tarak