• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have implemented a webservice has 3 methods on it, 2 of which have to do with the problem I am having.

In one method, I can login to sfdc via the API.  It returns me a session id and server url.

I then use that session id and server url to call a search method on the webservice.    The search method returns me a URL to the matching records in SFDC via the frontdoor.jsp?sid=blah link.

However, when I call this service from a remote machine, everything works except that when I try to use the link, it tells me that my session is invalid.  If I call the service locally, it works.  Does the session guid that I am getting from the API tie to the machine that made the request?

Please tell me this is not so.

Thank you.

Using the same logic that I use for inserting leads using the AssignmentRuleHeader, I can't get cases to use the rule.

Are there any known bugs for cases and this header?

I can't seem to get the auto assign rules to fire.  I create a lead, and it keeps getting assigned to the API account that I am using

_AssignmentRuleHeader arh = new _AssignmentRuleHeader();
            arh.setUseDefaultRule( new Boolean( true ) );
            m_Binding.setHeader("SforceService", "AssignmentRuleHeader", arh);
            createResult = create( createObjs );
            //clear the soap headers to make sure that the next call does not use the auto assign header unintentionally
            m_Binding.clearHeaders();
            //reset the headers
            _SessionHeader sh = new _SessionHeader();
            sh.setSessionId( getSessionId() );
            m_Binding.setHeader( "SforceService", "SessionHeader", sh );
            m_Binding.setHeader( "SforceService", "useCaseSafeIDs", "0" );

I would like to be able to hit our wsdl and gen new proxies without having to go to the admin UI, download it, etc.

Just curious.

Can I assume safely that the array of SaveResults that come back from the create call are the exact same as the order of the inbound sObject array?

In other words, does the Id in SaveResult 1 correspond to the object sObject 1, always?

I would like to fire the same alert to the case owner, etc. when adding a public case comment via the API as happens when a user adds a case comment via the SS portal.

Is this possible?

When building the proxy classes for Sforce, I get a wrapped class for the ID object.

In .NET, ID is just a field on SObject.  Why does the restriction force it to create a wrapped class?
I am looking through the axis docs, and i don't see why this happens.   This is also the case with all of the samples, so just curious if there is a way to fix it.

I am confused.  All of your sample code shows the login call returning a LoginResult object.  However, when I gen my enterprise.wsdl, the login call returns a LoginResponse, which contains a LoginResult.

Did something change that is undocumented?  I cant find any reference to this being the case anywhere, but my wsdl login operation contains:

<operation name="login">
            <documentation>Login to the Salesforce.com SOAP Api.</documentation>
            <input  message="tns:loginRequest" />
            <output message="tns:loginResponse" />
            <fault  message="tns:LoginFault" name="LoginFault"/>
            <fault  message="tns:UnexpectedErrorFault" name="UnexpectedErrorFault"/>
        </operation>

I am using the standard axis WSDL2Java generator to gen out my proxy classes.

I have implemented a webservice has 3 methods on it, 2 of which have to do with the problem I am having.

In one method, I can login to sfdc via the API.  It returns me a session id and server url.

I then use that session id and server url to call a search method on the webservice.    The search method returns me a URL to the matching records in SFDC via the frontdoor.jsp?sid=blah link.

However, when I call this service from a remote machine, everything works except that when I try to use the link, it tells me that my session is invalid.  If I call the service locally, it works.  Does the session guid that I am getting from the API tie to the machine that made the request?

Please tell me this is not so.

Thank you.

I can't seem to get the auto assign rules to fire.  I create a lead, and it keeps getting assigned to the API account that I am using

_AssignmentRuleHeader arh = new _AssignmentRuleHeader();
            arh.setUseDefaultRule( new Boolean( true ) );
            m_Binding.setHeader("SforceService", "AssignmentRuleHeader", arh);
            createResult = create( createObjs );
            //clear the soap headers to make sure that the next call does not use the auto assign header unintentionally
            m_Binding.clearHeaders();
            //reset the headers
            _SessionHeader sh = new _SessionHeader();
            sh.setSessionId( getSessionId() );
            m_Binding.setHeader( "SforceService", "SessionHeader", sh );
            m_Binding.setHeader( "SforceService", "useCaseSafeIDs", "0" );

Hello, this might sounds very simple to you but I'm new to java, it seems I can't get the "Case" query working. I got the Enterprise sample running and it has samples for "Account", "Contact and "Task" so I know how to work with those objects. But work with "Case" seems different. I can't declear something like: Case myCase = (Case) qr.getRecords()[i]; since java can't resolve Case class.

Could someone post some sample code for "Case" object to get me started? I want to be able to run Case Update/Insert. Thanks a lot!

-Alex

Hi,

I am running Axis demo(java). After I insert a account , I got "insert new account, id : 00130000000hFkU, ...

But when I do query, I got " field : id has the value of 00130000000hFkUAAU.

There are 3 chars append to the id. I am wondering why. Anybody else notice this behaior ?

Thanks.

• August 13, 2003
Is there any plan to add Notifications & Assigment Rules support to the sforce api? this, from my point of view, is an important feature.