• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All,

Has anyone built or attempted to build a sControl (or something similar) that performs lead conversion? There are a number of functional/usability issues we experience with the current setup (i.e. not enforcing required fields to be completed when creating a new account/opportunity during conversion). It seems like a sControl with the API would be a great interim solution until SFDC finally makes some changes to the app. Any ideas or feedback would be great.

Thanks,

Andrew
  • October 06, 2005
I performed a data export from the app using the UTF-8 encoding and found that my carriage returns in the Billing Address field have been converted into spaces (I haven't checked the other fields). I followed the special instructions for importing this type of file into Excel with no success.

Is there something I am missing here or is this a bug with the data exporter in the app?

Does anyone have sample code for how to update SFDC from a DataSet?  I was hoping to review the code used for the Data Editor in the sForce Explorer project, but I'm having trouble locating that particular section of code in the source files.  Is this even available?

In the end I would like to use the DataSet.Update sub in conjunction with sForce .Net Provider, but any examples would be greatly appreciated.

• January 19, 2005
Is there anyway to setup a web-to-custom object configuration?  I know you can build an ASP.NET page and perform an API insert.  I just wish we didn't have to login - similar to web-to-case.  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
  • October 08, 2004

Will it (or is it) possible to convert leads via the API?  Thanks!

Andrew

• September 28, 2004

I received the following error mesage when I attempted to run a batch update for a custom field on 130 opportunity records.  Updates were successful for records 1-89, but 90-130 failed with the following message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

ORA-06512: at "BUILD136R3A.CDOCUMENT", line 1024

ORA-06512: at line 1

SQLException while executing plsql statement: cDocument.get_related_file_list(00X30000000dhh8)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:305)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:272)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:623)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.doOall8(T4CCallableStatement.java:180)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.execute_for_rows(T4CCallableStatement.java:783)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1028)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2888)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2979)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.execute(OracleCallableStatement.java:4103)

at common.util.ProtectedConnection$ProtectedCallableStatementImpl.execute(ProtectedConnection.java:883)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at common.util.ProtectedConnection$ProtectedCallableStatementImpl.invoke(ProtectedConnection.java:743)

at $Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)

at system.plsql.CDocument.getRelatedFileList(CDocument.java:659)

at core.email.tools.TemplateReplace.updateBodyWithTemplate(TemplateReplace.java:387)

at common.cache.data.ActionEmailInfo.invoke(ActionEmailInfo.java:182)

at common.udd.object.WorkFlowController.executeWorkFlowImpl(WorkFlowController.java:494)

at common.udd.object.WorkFlowController.executeWorkFlow(WorkFlowController.java:433)

at common.udd.object.WorkFlowController.executeWorkFlow(WorkFlowController.java:422)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.executeWorkflowInternal(EntityObject.java:1486)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.postCommit(EntityObject.java:1260)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.save(EntityObject.java:1071)

at common.udd.object.ApiEntityObject.apiSave(ApiEntityObject.java:875)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.apiSave(EntityObject.java:2383)

at common.api.soap.Soap.save(Soap.java:304)

at common.api.soap.Soap.update(Soap.java:221)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor133.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:402)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:309)

at common.api.soap.SProvider.processMessage(SProvider.java:81)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:333)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)

at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:481)

at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:323)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:854)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)

at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:113)

at shared.filter.SoapPostGzipFilter.doFilter(SoapPostGzipFilter.java:25)

at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:84)

at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:176)

at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:84)

at system.filter.SoapPreGzipFilter.doFilter(SoapPreGzipFilter.java:46)

at system.filter.PreGzipFilter.doFilter(PreGzipFilter.java:75)

at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter(CacheFilterChain.java:190)

at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:177)

at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:221)

at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:263)

at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:323)

at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:430)

at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:377)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

• August 10, 2004

I need to securely store a SFDC user name and password in a script so that it can run on an automated basis.  Does anyone have a recommended best practice on how to do this?  I'm using VB.NET.

Thanks!

The new Dashboard functionality has caused the number of reports I manage to skyrocket (approaching 300).  Iâ¬?m looking for an easy way to change report names and descriptions without having to go into each report and save the changes one by one.  Is there a way to use the API to update report properties?  Iâ¬?ll even try a Beta version of something if thatâ¬?s available.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

• December 22, 2003

I have a VB.NET script and am unable to connect when I run it behind our proxy server.  I have, however, successfully connected when I bypass our proxy using an alternate DSL connection.  I have included the connection error message below:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occured in System.dll.  Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

I have also attempted many of the suggestions listed on this message board with no success.  Below is my login code as it stands now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sForce.Proxy = New System.Net.WebProxy("http://ourproxyserver", 8083)

sForce.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential("myusername", "mypassword")

ret = sForce.login(APIVersion, UserName, Password, True, "describer")

• August 20, 2003

When I try to upload our existing managed package after Spring09 for the first time, I get a package validation error:

>>

Package upload error: There are problems that prevent this package from being uploaded

Problems

Component Type     Name         Problem

Visualforce Page       MyPage      Component c

<<

Thats all the info I get.

We have a custom component embedded into MyPage and the component is included in the package. MyPage is an overridden detail page for a custom object and the component has the allowDML attribute set. The same component is used in another page, but without any parameters.

I have no idea what could cause this or what to do now. It worked before Spring 09.

I hope someone can look into this and give me a clue. Our org Id is 00D3000000063mO if this helps.

Thanks.

This problem has started in the last few days, with a long established program. On several objects the retrieve api call fails with "there is an error in XML document"

This is happening on account, case, contact, lead, opportunity and task objects (others appear OK). Also the error sometimes "goes away", the following is a partial trace:
TaskgetRecordDetail(1): Error: There is an error in XML document (1259, 22).
TaskgetRecordDetail(2): Error: There is an error in XML document (528, 45).
TaskgetRecordDetail(3): Error: There is an error in XML document (13050, 21).
TaskgetRecordDetail(4): Error: There is an error in XML document (3048, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(5): Error: There is an error in XML document (11611, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(6): Error: There is an error in XML document (14958, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(1): Error: There is an error in XML document (1337, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(2): Error: There is an error in XML document (14857, 5).
TaskgetRecordDetail(3): Error: There is an error in XML document (9781, 6).

My routine retries up to 10 times, primarily to compensate for network errors. But here the retry gives the same error but at a different points in the xml, finally getting a sucessful response.

Hello,

I'm trying to two things at the same time in my javascript, Set fields on the contact record, then fire an email. 

Overview: We're going to start managing partner data, contacts and accounts, from within SFDC.  We currently have a Partner Extranet that allows the partner to log in and get access to documents and marketing stuff.  When a new partner signs up, an Account and Contact is created.  Once the Partner Manager approves this partner they want to have a "One Click" approval that does multiplet steps, Mark the contact as active, create a password, send welcome email with the contacts username (their email address) and password.

Issue: Each of the steps work independently however when I try and do them all at once, only the email step seems to work.  The screen seems to go right to the email step.  When I send the email and return to the contact record, no password is set nor is the active field.

Any Ideas, the code is below

Code

var URL = "https://na1.salesforce.com/{!Contact_ID}/e?retURL=%2F{!Contact_ID}";
var field_pswd= "&00N30000000ksPV=";
var sPassword = "";
var field_active="&00N30000000ksPa=1";
var template="00X30000000gvfF";

Main();

function Main() {
sPassword = GeneratePassword();
//Here is where I set all the values for the URL to Edit and auto save the record.
parent.frames.location.replace(URL+field_active+field_pswd+sPassword+"&save=1");

//Here is where I create an email from this record with a pre-determind template.
parent.frames.location.replace("https://na1.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Contact_ID}+&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Contact_ID}&template_id="+template+"&p2={!User_ID}");
}

function GeneratePassword() {
var length=4;
var noPunction = true;
var numl = 0;

for (i=0; i < length; i++) {

numI = getRandomNum();
if (noPunction) {while (checkPunc(numI)) {numI = getRandomNum(); }}

sPassword = sPassword + String.fromCharCode(numI);
}

return sPassword;
}

function getRandomNum() {

// between 0 - 1
var rndNum = Math.random();

// rndNum from 0 - 1000
rndNum = parseInt(rndNum * 1000);

// rndNum from 33 - 127
rndNum = (rndNum % 94) + 33;
return rndNum;
}

function checkPunc(num) {

if ((num >=33) && (num <=47)) { return true; }
if ((num >=58) && (num <=64)) { return true; }
if ((num >=91) && (num <=96)) { return true; }
if ((num >=123) && (num <=126)) { return true; }

return false;
}

I performed a data export from the app using the UTF-8 encoding and found that my carriage returns in the Billing Address field have been converted into spaces (I haven't checked the other fields). I followed the special instructions for importing this type of file into Excel with no success.

Is there something I am missing here or is this a bug with the data exporter in the app?

Does anyone have sample code for how to update SFDC from a DataSet?  I was hoping to review the code used for the Data Editor in the sForce Explorer project, but I'm having trouble locating that particular section of code in the source files.  Is this even available?

In the end I would like to use the DataSet.Update sub in conjunction with sForce .Net Provider, but any examples would be greatly appreciated.

• January 19, 2005

I received the following error mesage when I attempted to run a batch update for a custom field on 130 opportunity records.  Updates were successful for records 1-89, but 90-130 failed with the following message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

ORA-06512: at "BUILD136R3A.CDOCUMENT", line 1024

ORA-06512: at line 1

SQLException while executing plsql statement: cDocument.get_related_file_list(00X30000000dhh8)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:305)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:272)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:623)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.doOall8(T4CCallableStatement.java:180)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.execute_for_rows(T4CCallableStatement.java:783)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1028)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2888)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2979)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.execute(OracleCallableStatement.java:4103)

at common.util.ProtectedConnection$ProtectedCallableStatementImpl.execute(ProtectedConnection.java:883)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)

at common.util.ProtectedConnection$ProtectedCallableStatementImpl.invoke(ProtectedConnection.java:743)

at $Proxy0.execute(Unknown Source)

at system.plsql.CDocument.getRelatedFileList(CDocument.java:659)

at core.email.tools.TemplateReplace.updateBodyWithTemplate(TemplateReplace.java:387)

at common.cache.data.ActionEmailInfo.invoke(ActionEmailInfo.java:182)

at common.udd.object.WorkFlowController.executeWorkFlowImpl(WorkFlowController.java:494)

at common.udd.object.WorkFlowController.executeWorkFlow(WorkFlowController.java:433)

at common.udd.object.WorkFlowController.executeWorkFlow(WorkFlowController.java:422)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.executeWorkflowInternal(EntityObject.java:1486)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.postCommit(EntityObject.java:1260)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.save(EntityObject.java:1071)

at common.udd.object.ApiEntityObject.apiSave(ApiEntityObject.java:875)

at common.udd.object.EntityObject.apiSave(EntityObject.java:2383)

at common.api.soap.Soap.save(Soap.java:304)

at common.api.soap.Soap.update(Soap.java:221)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor133.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:402)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:309)

at common.api.soap.SProvider.processMessage(SProvider.java:81)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:333)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:120)

at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:481)

at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:323)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:854)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)

at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:113)

at shared.filter.SoapPostGzipFilter.doFilter(SoapPostGzipFilter.java:25)

at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:176)

at system.filter.SoapPreGzipFilter.doFilter(SoapPreGzipFilter.java:46)

at system.filter.PreGzipFilter.doFilter(PreGzipFilter.java:75)

at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter(CacheFilterChain.java:190)

at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:177)

at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:221)

at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:263)

at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:323)

at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:430)

at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:377)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

• August 10, 2004

The new Dashboard functionality has caused the number of reports I manage to skyrocket (approaching 300).  Iâ¬?m looking for an easy way to change report names and descriptions without having to go into each report and save the changes one by one.  Is there a way to use the API to update report properties?  Iâ¬?ll even try a Beta version of something if thatâ¬?s available.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

• December 22, 2003

Hi,

I've just downloaded the .NET Toolkit and installed it. (After removing the old version). Now I get the following when I start VS.NET:

Exception in sForce Add-in.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException ()x800401F3): Invalid class string
  at EnvDTE.Windows.CreateToolWindow(Adinn AddinInst, String ProgID, String Caption, String GuidPosition, Object& DocObj)
  at sForce.Addin.Connect.CreateToolWindow()

followed by:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at sForce.Adin.Connect.CreateToolWindow()

Any suggestion?

Brian

Hi,

I'm using asp Jscript to interface with the salesforce API. When the code was written, sforce was on version 2.0. We had no problems once things were up and running, and have been using the interface for about a month now.

Since last nights upgrade to version 2.5, the code has stopped working. We now get a "header not bound" error when logging in using the 2.0 code. If I change the header (old soap-env:Header) to it works, and I can log into the system. I have to do this for the body as well. I noticed that in 2.5 the header just contains and the hyphen is removed.

The problem I am now experiencing is querying for information. If I query for just "core" data. (account name, id, etc) I get results back fine. If I query using any custom datafields, I receive fault codes stating "invalid field". We have not changed any code for the last month, and when doing a describe on account, the custom field id's are identical to the their previous values. I cannot however query or select these fields even though they appear in the describe response.

We are using the 18 character contact and account ids. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are currently down.