• 15 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I try to delete a contact I recieve the error below. When I go into the application the contact is there and I can delete it fine. It does not have any references to it (besides account/owner). Any idea why I am unable to delete it thru the API?

Error code is: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY
Error message: id does not exist
An error was found on Contact with an id of 00330000003nzTRAAY
A reference to this id is probably the cause, please try deleting manualy
For the past two days I've been getting the error below when trying to delete 500 opportunities. I can do other actions such as download with ease, but for some reason it will not let me delete a large amount of opportunites. I've been doing this weekly for 3 years now and nothing's changed on my end. Any idea?

Error (RemoteException - delete): java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x5) was found

I'm receiving this error when trying to append products. Can anyone tell me what the Unicode 0x5 character is so I can search for it in my data I'm uploading. Thanks in advance.
Is their anyway to get the body's of deleted Notes?

I was appending 3000 accounts around 11:45 AM EST on September 15th. When I downloaded them I noticed 460 of these accounts were incorrectly assigned to our account manager. I was able to re-add them successfully after the fact.

Was there any maintenance being done during this time?

How do I copy an account of a user into their briefcase via the API? Just like if the user were to click "Include Offline" in the account tab.
Is there anyway to access Login History via the API?

I'm recieving this error when trying to append contracts.

Error code is: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
Error message: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

But before this was happening I was having trouble inserting into the status field. the value I'm inserting is Activated, but it returned:

Error code is: INVALID_STATUS
Error message: invalid status

Though Activated is in the StatusCode entity. Any idea why it would be invalid?

I'm trying to download OpportunityLineItem's via the API but all I'm getting for the past 2 days has been "Read timed out" errors. I've tried only downloading 1 column, all columns, setting batch size to 1 or 2000, and even datajunction is unsuccessful. I am able to download other entities (Account,User, etc) fine, and a describe on OpportunityLineItems works as well. Why would I be getting "Read timed out" just when trying to query OpportunityLineItem?

I'm trying to upload opportunitylineitems but I keep getting the field integrity exception error. I am not sure which field is erroring. I'm uploading opportunity id, pricebookentry id, total price, unit price, quantity. I think I'm misunderstanding the pricebookentry structure. But why might I be getting this error? Thanks for the help

I tried accessing the user entity with all fields from a describe call. 3 fields I am getting "INVALID_FIELD: Invalid name" error for: UserPermissionsMarketingUser, UserPermissionsOfflineUser, UserPermissionsWirelessUser

Is their anyway to know that these fields are inaccessible after doing a describe on the user entity?

I wrote a loop that query's through every account record I have (150,000 total), and it runs through at about 10 records per second (BatchSize set at 500). Which would take around 4 hours.

My company also uses DataJunction, and when we use it to download all accounts it runs in 20 minutes.

Is their a good reason DJ can run that much faster compared to using the API? I can provide my code if needed.

Thanks

QueryResult qr = binding.query("select Name, Money__c from account");
SObject account = qr.getRecords()[0];
MessageElement[] fields = account.get_any();
System.out.println(fields.length);
System.out.println(fields[0].getAsDOM().getChildNodes().item(0).toString());

Using this code only 1 field ("Name") is returned. How do get the value of my custom field ("Money__c") using the partner API?

Thanks

What's the best way to download a salesforce table (i.e. Account), into a table in my database? The only way I see to do it is to get a QueryResult and create a insert statement based on it into my database, but this seems inefficient. Any other ideas?

My company has an account with salesforce.com, and we would like to implement your API in production mode. Is there somewhere I can read the licensing for this? Thanks

I am getting this error when going to http://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.SoapApi

I am using C#, and I would like to reference salesforce.com in my project, but I continualy get "405 GET not supported" error.

Any ideas?

For the past two days I've been getting the error below when trying to delete 500 opportunities. I can do other actions such as download with ease, but for some reason it will not let me delete a large amount of opportunites. I've been doing this weekly for 3 years now and nothing's changed on my end. Any idea?

Error (RemoteException - delete): java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Within the last week or two I've been noticing a lot connection resets.
This is happening it some integration applications that have been running for a while now without any previous issues.

I was just wondering if any one else is noticing an unusual increases in these errors also?

Thanks in advance,
Jon.

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(Unknown Source)
  • November 18, 2005
Hello,

when I try to create a contract I'm getting the error messages below:

ERROR [main] - Status Code: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
ERROR [main] - Message: class java.sql.SQLException

Any idea how to fix this? What am I missing?

Joachim
SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x5) was found

I'm receiving this error when trying to append products. Can anyone tell me what the Unicode 0x5 character is so I can search for it in my data I'm uploading. Thanks in advance.
Is their anyway to get the body's of deleted Notes?

I'm recieving this error when trying to append contracts.

Error code is: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
Error message: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

But before this was happening I was having trouble inserting into the status field. the value I'm inserting is Activated, but it returned:

Error code is: INVALID_STATUS
Error message: invalid status

Though Activated is in the StatusCode entity. Any idea why it would be invalid?

I'm trying to download OpportunityLineItem's via the API but all I'm getting for the past 2 days has been "Read timed out" errors. I've tried only downloading 1 column, all columns, setting batch size to 1 or 2000, and even datajunction is unsuccessful. I am able to download other entities (Account,User, etc) fine, and a describe on OpportunityLineItems works as well. Why would I be getting "Read timed out" just when trying to query OpportunityLineItem?

I've had this happen 3 times but I can't seem to ever replicate the error.  It occurs on pulls of a large number of records from salesforce via a Query (and queryMore) call.  The number of records returned is less (it has always been by 1) then then .size attribute on the QueryResult object.

In other words the .size may be 12000 but the .records contains only 11999 sobjects

Has anyone else run into this problem or is it a known problem?  I'm guessing that it could be caused by an object being deleted during the query process and the .size not being updated.

GlennW
www.demandtools.com

Message Edited by GlennW on 05-24-2004 03:18 PM

I'm trying to upload opportunitylineitems but I keep getting the field integrity exception error. I am not sure which field is erroring. I'm uploading opportunity id, pricebookentry id, total price, unit price, quantity. I think I'm misunderstanding the pricebookentry structure. But why might I be getting this error? Thanks for the help

Is this an issue with the Sforce API? This behavior occurs in my own code and also when using the SOQL Explorer (CSharp Partner Sample) tool.

If I have more than one Document with the same Name (they reside in different Folders), and I attempt to retrieve that Document with either of the following SOQL queries, the Sforce API thows the exception below.

Sample queries:

- Select id, Body from Document where Name = 'DuplicateFile.txt'
- Select id, Body from Document

Sforce exception:

Query failed: java.lang.RuntimeException: QueryStruct has not been saved to or loaded from the database!

Now if I query for a Document that has a unique name, everything works as expected.

--

I'm writing a routine to retrieve a Document by filename and foldername. My plan was to query on just the filename first, and if more than one Document is returned, I'd then run another query to retrieve the correct Folder Id. The idea is to avoid running two queries when I don't have to, yet when I also don't have the DocumentId or FolderId of the desired file. Thus, when files are uniquely named (which should be likely in the case I'm coding for) only one query would be necessary. Seem reasonable? But unless I can get multiple records back from the Document table, this won't work.

Any clues?

Thanks.

I wrote a loop that query's through every account record I have (150,000 total), and it runs through at about 10 records per second (BatchSize set at 500). Which would take around 4 hours.

My company also uses DataJunction, and when we use it to download all accounts it runs in 20 minutes.

Is their a good reason DJ can run that much faster compared to using the API? I can provide my code if needed.

Thanks