• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello:

We recently moved our web server from a simple solution to rackspace.  We now have the latest PEAR, SOAP, and PHP packages.  However, SOAP calls to Salesforce are returning poorly formatted arrays.  A call that would return a list of four contacts in one array on our old server is returning the four contacts nested in a multi-dim array on the new server.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any help would be much appreciated as I've searched all over this board and the web to find some hints, but found none.  I've attached sample query results below.  Thanks.

Old Server Results for all contacts in Goleta, CA:
Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Id] => 00330000002jE3WAAU
[Name] => Susan Rudnicki
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Id] => 00330000002jGWQAA2
[Name] => Eric Heidner
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[2] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Id] => 00330000002jFfyAAE
[Name] => Mark Krilanovich
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[3] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Id] => 00330000002jFJTAA2
[Name] => Adam Gilberti
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

New Server Results for all contacts in Goleta, CA:
Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Susan Rudnicki
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Eric Heidner
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Adam Gilberti
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

• January 28, 2008
Until now, I've been fine with a batch size of less than 2000 (the max as described by the API). However, I have many more records than 2000 and am about to embark on several queries that will require me to exceed that max number.

I can run several queries in sequence, but it'll be a pain to keep track of which records I've included in the query and which one's I haven't. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to work around the 2000 max number?
  • November 27, 2006
Until now, I've been fine with a batch size of less than 2000 (the max as described by the API).  However, I have many more records than 2000 and am about to embark on several queries that will require me to exceed that max number.

I can run several queries in sequence, but it'll be a pain to keep track of which records I've included in the query and which one's I haven't.  Does anyone have any other ideas on how to work around the 2000 max number?
  • November 27, 2006

Hello:

I'd like to use the API to search through the Description Fields of our Solutions.  The two methods I could come up with were 1) using the query method to filter through the description fields using the "contains" operator and 2) using the search method.

It seems that both methods are unavailable to programmers through the API?  My first method generates an error stating that the description field cannot be filtered and the second one generates an error stating that the search method is not available for solutions.  Is there another way I can work around this so I can search the solutions?  I'd like to allow our users to search the solutions using search terms they provide.

Zabah 

• March 31, 2004

Hey:

We're creating a self-service portal that launches from within our site.  I'm trying to determine what to do should a user forget his or her password.  Self-Service_Portal.pdf doesn't seem to address this eventuality.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Zabah

• February 17, 2004

Hey:

We've created some custom fields for our contacts and accounts and Salesforce gave these fields unique ID (e.g. 00N30000000d8Uu).  Unfortunately, because this ID starts with a number, I'm unable to perform simple Javascript functions on the values of the form objects that result from these fields as Javascript considers illegal any form object whose name begins with a digit.

Has anyone gotten around this?  Is there a way to request an ID that begins with a character of the alphabet?

Zabah!

• February 17, 2004

Hey:

One product in our pricebook is a tax.  So the defaultPrice for this product changes from instance to instance. 

Is there a way to set the default price to a formula?

Or, is there a way to overwrite or ignore the defaultPrice property of a product when writing the totalPrice of an opportunity line item?  Whenever I set the totalPrice to my own value, SalesForce seems to ignore my value and multiply the product's defaultPrice by the opportunity line item's quantity.

Michael

• January 24, 2004
Hello:

We recently moved our web server from a simple solution to rackspace.  We now have the latest PEAR, SOAP, and PHP packages.  However, SOAP calls to Salesforce are returning poorly formatted arrays.  A call that would return a list of four contacts in one array on our old server is returning the four contacts nested in a multi-dim array on the new server.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any help would be much appreciated as I've searched all over this board and the web to find some hints, but found none.  I've attached sample query results below.  Thanks.

Old Server Results for all contacts in Goleta, CA:
Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Susan Rudnicki
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Eric Heidner
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[2] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[3] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Adam Gilberti
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

New Server Results for all contacts in Goleta, CA:
Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Susan Rudnicki
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Eric Heidner
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[type] => Contact
[Name] => Adam Gilberti
[MailingCity] => Goleta
)

)

• January 28, 2008

Hey:

We've created some custom fields for our contacts and accounts and Salesforce gave these fields unique ID (e.g. 00N30000000d8Uu).  Unfortunately, because this ID starts with a number, I'm unable to perform simple Javascript functions on the values of the form objects that result from these fields as Javascript considers illegal any form object whose name begins with a digit.

Has anyone gotten around this?  Is there a way to request an ID that begins with a character of the alphabet?

Zabah!

• February 17, 2004

Hey:

One product in our pricebook is a tax.  So the defaultPrice for this product changes from instance to instance. 

Is there a way to set the default price to a formula?

Or, is there a way to overwrite or ignore the defaultPrice property of a product when writing the totalPrice of an opportunity line item?  Whenever I set the totalPrice to my own value, SalesForce seems to ignore my value and multiply the product's defaultPrice by the opportunity line item's quantity.

Michael

• January 24, 2004
Via the UI, we are able to reset customer "user" accounts off of the "View Self-Service" button.

Is there a way for us to reset this password via the API?  I noticed that the API reset_password call relates only to users.  My bet is that this is probably not possible.

The issue that we have is that we are faced with a large number of resets, based upon the proactiveness (or lack, thereof) of the account managers and AEs.

If this is not possible, it would be great to know when/if it will be.

Thanks and Best Regards,

- Brendan