• Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I noticed an inconsistency between query and retrieve calls when invoked on Events (and possibly Tasks).

A query call on an event, such as the following, returns the event data as expected.

select
AccountId,WhatId,WhoId,ActivityDate,ActivityDateTime,DurationInMinutes,Subject,Id,SystemModstamp
from Event where Id =

However, a retrieve call on the same event as above, only works if the event is actually assigned to the user making the SForce call. If the event is assigned to a different user, the retrieve call seems to return null.

Is this a bug?

I am using the SForce 4.0 API in Java with Apache's Axis project.

Thanks,

Shun
  • August 18, 2004
Hi,

I did a few queries on the Account object using the 3.0 API with the "not" operator and the following cases do not seem to work:

1) where not Name = 'abc' // returns 0 results even though Name != 'abc' returns some results

2) where not Name like 'abc%' // accounts whose Name does not start with 'abc' are not returned.

Is this a bug with the "not" operator?

Shun
  • July 12, 2004
Hi,

Querying on PricebookEntry does not return all the PricebookEntrys that the user can see in salesforce.com. Is this a bug?

Shun
  • July 02, 2004
Hi,

When I add an OpportunityLineItem to an Opportunity, the Opportunity's SystemModStamp changes along with the OpportunityLineItem. Why does the SystemModStamp of Opportunity get updated?

Shun
  • July 02, 2004
Hi,

I use both both Salesforce's XML-RPC 2.0 API and the SForce 3.0 API.

When trying to login a user with an apostrophe in the username, the XML-RPC 2.0 API returns a successful login, but the SForce 3.0 API returns a "username or password invalid" message.

Is there some issue with logging in users with apostrophe's in their name?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shun
  • June 23, 2004
Hi,

In salesforce.com, when I browse to a profile, I can take a look at my Record Type settings for a particular entity and see which record types are associated to the entity for the profile and which record type is the default one.

If I use the SForce API, which entity can I make a describe call on to get this information?
I was assuming that the Profile entity might have info about which record types are associated, but I didn't see any fields that seemed to show these associations.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shun
  • June 10, 2004
Hi,

When I create a RecordType for Opportunities in salesforce.com, I can select a subset of my picklists that are displayed in my layout.

What entity can I query to get this subset of picklists that are displayed in my layout?

Thanks in advance,
Shun
  • June 07, 2004

Hi,

I am using SForce 3.0 and SForce 2.0 (XML-RPC and SOAP versions)

When I make a describe call using SForce 2.0, the following picklist values have default = true.

• entity (lead) field (status) picklist value (Open)
  • entity (task) field (priority) pick value (Normal)
  • entity (task) field (status) pick value (Not Started)
  • entity (event) field (showAs) pick value (Busy)

However, when I use SForce 3.0 the same PickListEntry's isDefaultValue returns false.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Shun

• May 27, 2004

Hi,

I have a product set up with a quantity and revenue schedule and have it assigned to a new price book.

When I add this product into an Opportunity through the salesforce web site, the quantity and revenue schedule are applied.

However, through the sforce API, when I create an OpportunityLineItem within this same opportunity and set the PricebookEntryId to the entry for this same product, the quantity and revenue schedules are NOT applied.

What am I missing that I cannot create an OpportunityLineItem and have the quantity and revenue schedules applied automatically as it does through the web site?

Thanks,

Shun

• May 26, 2004

Hi,

Are there any code samples using Apache XML-RPC's XmlRpcClient class to execute XML-RPC calls to salesforce? 

Specifically I just need to know what the "struct" equivalent would be in Java that I need to pass in as the parameters.  Is it just some combination of arrays and hashtables or can I pass in a Java class that represents the struct?

Thanks,

Shun

• May 26, 2004

Hi,

It seems that it's not possible to associate a Task to a Lead through the WhoId field if the Task is also associated to an Account or Opportunity through the WhatId.  It is however possible to associate a Task to a Contact and an Account or Opportunity.

Is this restriction in the meta data?  If not, will it be in the meta data in the upcoming versions?

Thanks,

Shun

• April 26, 2004

Hi,

In the 3.0 API, is it possible to access the plural label of a tab (entity)? 

Shun

• April 21, 2004

Hi,

There seems to be a problem when querying for leads by Company.  The same query searching by LastName, Phone or even the custom field SicCode__c works, but the query by Company returns no results.

Below is the query request by Company which returns no results.

POST /services/Soap/u/3.0 HTTP/1.0
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*
User-Agent: Axis/1.1
Host: na1-api.salesforce.com
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
SOAPAction: ""
Content-Length: 999

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
 <soapenv:Header>
  <ns1:SessionHeader soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns1="SforceService">
   <ns2:sessionId xmlns:ns2="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">[Omit]</ns2:sessionId>
  </ns1:SessionHeader>
  <ns3:QueryOptions soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns3="SoapService">
   <ns4:batchSize xmlns:ns4="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">20</ns4:batchSize>
  </ns3:QueryOptions>
 </soapenv:Header>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <query xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
   <queryString>select ConvertedAccountId,ConvertedContactId,ConvertedOpportunityId,FirstName,LastName,Company,Phone,Id,SystemModstamp from Lead where Company like &apos;%Point%&apos;</queryString>
  </query>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

And below is the same request but by LastName and the query result is shown right afterwards.

POST /services/Soap/u/3.0 HTTP/1.0
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*
User-Agent: Axis/1.1
Host: na1-api.salesforce.com
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
SOAPAction: ""
Content-Length: 999

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
 <soapenv:Header>
  <ns1:SessionHeader soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns1="SforceService">
   <ns2:sessionId xmlns:ns2="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">[Omit]</ns2:sessionId>
  </ns1:SessionHeader>
  <ns3:QueryOptions soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns3="SoapService">
   <ns4:batchSize xmlns:ns4="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">20</ns4:batchSize>
  </ns3:QueryOptions>
 </soapenv:Header>
  <query xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
   <queryString>select ConvertedAccountId,ConvertedContactId,ConvertedOpportunityId,FirstName,LastName,Company,Phone,Id,SystemModstamp from Lead where LastName like &apos;%Akin%&apos;</queryString>
  </query>

Query results:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Server: sfdc

Server: sfdc

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:25:25 GMT

<queryResponse xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
   <result>
    <done>true</done>
    <queryLocator xsi:nil="true"/>
    <records xsi:type="sf:sObject" xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com">
     <sf:type>Lead</sf:type>
     <sf:Id>00Q300000013bXLEAY</sf:Id>
     <sf:ConvertedAccountId xsi:nil="true"/>
     <sf:ConvertedContactId xsi:nil="true"/>
     <sf:ConvertedOpportunityId xsi:nil="true"/>
     <sf:FirstName>TKristen</sf:FirstName>
     <sf:LastName>Akin</sf:LastName>
     <sf:Company>GenePoint</sf:Company>
     <sfhone>(434) 369-3100</sfhone>
     <sf:Id>00Q300000013bXLEAY</sf:Id>
     <sf:SystemModstamp>2004-04-19T15:50:07.000Z</sf:SystemModstamp>
    </records>
    <size>1</size>
   </result>
  </queryResponse>

• April 19, 2004

Hi,

I'm using the developer edition and I see in the help section that I can rename my standard tabs, but I can't seem to find where I can do this.  The instructions say to click  "Setup | Customize | Tab Names | Rename Tabs" but the link for "Tab Names" and "Rename Tabs" doesn't seem to exist.

Is this feature only available in the Enterprise account and not on developer editions?

Thanks,

Shun

• April 15, 2004

Hi,

It seems that the new 2.5 API only tells us in the meta data that a field is not nullable but does not tell us if the field is "display" required.  For example, the field "ActivityDate" is a display required field when creating an event. 

My first question is, can we get the "display" required fields?

I saw another posting that indicated we can use the 2.0 API to get the display required fields.  However, the describe response in the new API returns different field names from the describe response in the old API.  For example, the custom field names no longer have the custom field id embedded in the field name and some field names like "dueDateOnly" have been changed to "ActivityDate" (I'm assuming this is the same field looking at the label) 

My second question is, how can we use the workaround to get the display required fields if the field names have changed?  I assume the label cannot be used because the label is probably not necessarily a unique value.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Shun

• March 24, 2004

Hi,

The 2.0 API used to have the "contains" and "starts with" operators for queries.

I guess the 2.5 API does not have these two filters anymore?  If so, is there a good workaround to implement something like a starts with query?

Shun

• February 27, 2004

Hi,

I noticed that the documentation for the Field object has a boolean field named "selectable" but the partner wsdl file does not define this as a field.

Shun

• February 23, 2004

Hi,

Can I assume a lead has been converted if any one of convertedAccountID, convertedOpportunityID or convertedContactID has an id value?

Also, is there a way on the Salesforce website to see only converted leads?

Thanks,

Shun

• February 12, 2004

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the session alive through the API by making some API calls within every two hour timeout period?  It seems that trying to keep the session alive using global describe calls or query calls  fails after a certain time, even though the session does last longer than the original 2 hour period.  

What is the maximum amount of time a session can be kept alive? 

What API calls should be used to keep the session alive?

Thanks,

Shun

• December 21, 2003

Hi,

When I make a batch delete request to delete more than one entity instance, I don't receive the same number of results in the responses coming back.  I understand that the normal delete operation (non-batch) doesn't return anything on a successful deletion, but in the case of a batch delete, if the number of results doesn't exactly match the number of requested deletions, it's not possible to figure out which instances caused the errors.

Below is the request sent in (only the header & body are displayed with ids changed):

<soap:Header>
  <tns:headerStruct id="id1">
  <session_id xsi:type="xsd:string">sessionidhiddensession_id>
  <version xsi:type="xsd:string">2.0version>
  tns:headerStruct>
  soap:Header>
  <soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
  <q1:batch xmlns:q1="sfconnector:SalesforceConnector">
  <type xsi:type="xsd:string">accounttype>
  <operation xsi:type="xsd:string">deleteoperation>
  <arguments href="#id1" />
  q1:batch>
  <soapenc:Array soapenc:arrayType="xsd:anyType[2]" id="id1">
  <Item href="#id2" />
  <Item href="#id3" />
  soapenc:Array>
  <soapenc:Array soapenc:arrayType="tns:mapEntry[1]" id="id2">
  <tns:mapEntry xsi:type="tns:mapEntry">
  <key xsi:type="xsd:string">idkey>
  <value xsi:type="xsd:string">id1hiddenvalue>
  tns:mapEntry>
   <soapenc:Array soapenc:arrayType="tns:mapEntry[1]" id="id3">
   <tns:mapEntry xsi:type="tns:mapEntry">
  <key xsi:type="xsd:string">idkey>
  <value xsi:type="xsd:string">id2hiddenvalue>
  tns:mapEntry>
  soap:Body>
soap:Envelope>

And below is the body portion of the result:

<ns1:Body xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <sfdc:batchResponse xmlns:sfdc="sfconnector:SalesforceConnector">
  <return>
  <value xsi:type="tns:array" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <valueArray xsi:type="tns:array">
       <value xsi:type="xsd:int">1228value>
       <value xsi:type="xsd:string">entity is deletedvalue>
   valueArray>
 value>
return>
sfdc:batchResponse>
ns1:Body>

As you can see I receive a faultcode and faultstring, but since I don't have an empty valueArray either before or after the valueArray displayed, I can't tell whether the error pertains to trying to delete the first id or the second id.

How can I determine which ID was actually deleted from the response?  Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Shun
  • December 15, 2003
Hi,

When I add an OpportunityLineItem to an Opportunity, the Opportunity's SystemModStamp changes along with the OpportunityLineItem. Why does the SystemModStamp of Opportunity get updated?

Shun
  • July 02, 2004
Hi,

I use both both Salesforce's XML-RPC 2.0 API and the SForce 3.0 API.

When trying to login a user with an apostrophe in the username, the XML-RPC 2.0 API returns a successful login, but the SForce 3.0 API returns a "username or password invalid" message.

Is there some issue with logging in users with apostrophe's in their name?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shun
  • June 23, 2004

Hi,

I have a product set up with a quantity and revenue schedule and have it assigned to a new price book.

When I add this product into an Opportunity through the salesforce web site, the quantity and revenue schedule are applied.

However, through the sforce API, when I create an OpportunityLineItem within this same opportunity and set the PricebookEntryId to the entry for this same product, the quantity and revenue schedules are NOT applied.

What am I missing that I cannot create an OpportunityLineItem and have the quantity and revenue schedules applied automatically as it does through the web site?

Thanks,

Shun

• May 26, 2004

Hi,

Are there any code samples using Apache XML-RPC's XmlRpcClient class to execute XML-RPC calls to salesforce? 

Specifically I just need to know what the "struct" equivalent would be in Java that I need to pass in as the parameters.  Is it just some combination of arrays and hashtables or can I pass in a Java class that represents the struct?

Thanks,

Shun

• May 26, 2004

Hi,

I'm using the developer edition and I see in the help section that I can rename my standard tabs, but I can't seem to find where I can do this.  The instructions say to click  "Setup | Customize | Tab Names | Rename Tabs" but the link for "Tab Names" and "Rename Tabs" doesn't seem to exist.

Is this feature only available in the Enterprise account and not on developer editions?

Thanks,

Shun

• April 15, 2004

Hi,

It seems that the new 2.5 API only tells us in the meta data that a field is not nullable but does not tell us if the field is "display" required.  For example, the field "ActivityDate" is a display required field when creating an event. 

My first question is, can we get the "display" required fields?

I saw another posting that indicated we can use the 2.0 API to get the display required fields.  However, the describe response in the new API returns different field names from the describe response in the old API.  For example, the custom field names no longer have the custom field id embedded in the field name and some field names like "dueDateOnly" have been changed to "ActivityDate" (I'm assuming this is the same field looking at the label) 

My second question is, how can we use the workaround to get the display required fields if the field names have changed?  I assume the label cannot be used because the label is probably not necessarily a unique value.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Shun

• March 24, 2004

Hi,

The 2.0 API used to have the "contains" and "starts with" operators for queries.

I guess the 2.5 API does not have these two filters anymore?  If so, is there a good workaround to implement something like a starts with query?

Shun

• February 27, 2004

Hi,

I noticed that the documentation for the Field object has a boolean field named "selectable" but the partner wsdl file does not define this as a field.

Shun

• February 23, 2004

I'm using the Partner WSDL in V2.5 of the API and I have a problem with the Field object.  I do a describeSObject for an Object and then go through each of the fields returned.  The problem is that I don not see a .required property on the field?

All other documented properties are on the field object but I can't find .required 

Any Ideas?

Cheers;

Glenn Wilson

• December 28, 2004

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the session alive through the API by making some API calls within every two hour timeout period?  It seems that trying to keep the session alive using global describe calls or query calls  fails after a certain time, even though the session does last longer than the original 2 hour period.  

What is the maximum amount of time a session can be kept alive? 

What API calls should be used to keep the session alive?

Thanks,

Shun

• December 21, 2003
Hi,

When doing an insert, if I receive the faultcode 1239 and faultstring:

insufficient access rights on cross-reference id

what does this mean?

Shun
  • November 10, 2003