• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to update or create multiple Accounts and Opportunites. Currently, i'm using multiple requests which

• March 17, 2004

I'm a bit of a newbie so this may be an obvious question, but...

I need to create an opportunity and have it associated with an existing contact. I can do this if i associate both with an accountID - but wondering if there is a way to associate the opportunity directly with a contact (or vice versa). I thought about using the OpportunityContactRole object but when i look at my WSDL there is no reference to a contactid. Any suggestions or a sample soap message would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

• February 23, 2004

In a different post i read that the api is limited to a single kind of object for any single update. I'm a little new at this so does this apply strictly to 'Update'? or is it possible to 'create' a new account name, contact and opportunity in a single soap message? Or must this be handled on the client end.

Thanks in advance

• February 02, 2004

The serverURL returned by my login element is https://na0-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/2.5 - However, this does not return results for my generic soap message which successfully works when the login url returned is https://na1-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/2.5.

I'm dynamically building my results based on a user's session id and url. Do i need to do something different or customize the message to get the first url to work.

• January 29, 2004

I'm trying to locate the FieldName and ObjectType in order to search for QuotaAmount using SOQL

I've tried select QuotaAmount from ForecastItem but it's not working. Anyone have any ideas?

• December 18, 2003

I'm trying to use SOQL to query on CloseDates less than a particular time.

I'm using the following in my message:

Select AccountId, Name, StageName, Description, CloseDate, probability, amount, forecastCategory from Opportunity where CloseDate < '2004-04-01'

This does not work from me - I can run this same statement and do a search by Name or by forecast category but whenever i do anything with dates it does not work. I looked at the documentation and it seems that YYYY-MM-DD is acceptable. I'm a bit new at this so bare with me if i'm missing something.

Thanks

• December 18, 2003

I need to update or create multiple Accounts and Opportunites. Currently, i'm using multiple requests which

• March 17, 2004

I'm a bit of a newbie so this may be an obvious question, but...

I need to create an opportunity and have it associated with an existing contact. I can do this if i associate both with an accountID - but wondering if there is a way to associate the opportunity directly with a contact (or vice versa). I thought about using the OpportunityContactRole object but when i look at my WSDL there is no reference to a contactid. Any suggestions or a sample soap message would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

• February 23, 2004

The serverURL returned by my login element is https://na0-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/2.5 - However, this does not return results for my generic soap message which successfully works when the login url returned is https://na1-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/2.5.

I'm dynamically building my results based on a user's session id and url. Do i need to do something different or customize the message to get the first url to work.

• January 29, 2004

I'm trying to locate the FieldName and ObjectType in order to search for QuotaAmount using SOQL

I've tried select QuotaAmount from ForecastItem but it's not working. Anyone have any ideas?

• December 18, 2003

I'm trying to use SOQL to query on CloseDates less than a particular time.

I'm using the following in my message:

Select AccountId, Name, StageName, Description, CloseDate, probability, amount, forecastCategory from Opportunity where CloseDate < '2004-04-01'

This does not work from me - I can run this same statement and do a search by Name or by forecast category but whenever i do anything with dates it does not work. I looked at the documentation and it seems that YYYY-MM-DD is acceptable. I'm a bit new at this so bare with me if i'm missing something.

Thanks

• December 18, 2003