• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to write a custom UI to search for Solutions.  Is the Search functionality exposed in the API so Solutions (or any object) can be searched using the same algorithms as if they were searching on the Salesforce site?

An alternative would be to use the Query functionality of the API to query the title and description to search for the keywords myself. Obviously it would be much easier to use the Salesforce Search functionality directly.

Is the Search functionality exposed and if not do you have advice on how to do an effective search using the API?

Thanks,

-Clint

• January 15, 2004

When including the "ActivityDate" field in any Event or Task query I get the following error returned from the query-

"There is an error in XML Document (9,65)"

Anyone know what it means or how to work around?

Thanks,

-Clint

• January 06, 2004

The 2.5 API documentation states that a *Solution* can be a parent object for an Attachemnt (page 64). I wouldn't have thought this is possible.  Is it possible to attach and attachment to a solution?  Has anyone done it?

Thanks,

-Clint

• December 19, 2003

Using the 2.5 API I'm attempting to query using the following command-

qr = sfService.query("select caseNumber, cf_00N30000000ce21 from Case where status = 'New'")

I get an error that cf_00n30000000ce21 is an invalid field. Note the error returns a lower case 'n' instead of the upper case 'N' I sent.

Is this N somehow being converted to lower case or do I have a different problem?  Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

-Clint

• December 09, 2003

Using the 2.5 API I'm attempting to query using the following command-

qr = sfService.query("select caseNumber, cf_00N30000000ce21 from Case where status = 'New'")

I get an error that cf_00n30000000ce21 is an invalid field. Note the error returns a lower case 'n' instead of the upper case 'N' I sent.

Is this N somehow being converted to lower case or do I have a different problem?  Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

-Clint

• December 09, 2003