• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have created a package that is really an extension to a base package, but I have not been able to designate that as such. Does anyone know how I can designate this package as extension of another package?

Thanks,
de
  • May 15, 2007
Hi,

When updating a web link's url or an scontrol's content through the api, we get an error stating that "Cannot modify managed object".

Our web links and scontrols are in fact components of a managed package, but we did not encounter this problem with SFDC Winter 07 release. Is this a new behaviour (in Spring 07 release)? Is there a suggested work around as these managed components contain placeholders that need to be updated after the managed app is installed and activated.

Thanks,
de
  • March 15, 2007
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a dependable approach to detect an installed managed app through the api? We don’t want to look for any specific component of the installed package, as it may produce inaccurate results (for example due to insufficient permission or page layout configuration).

Thanks.
  • February 26, 2007

Hi,

We currently have two apps listed on Appexchange – App1 and App2. Both apps share the same publisher, but they were created using different orgs. App1 was created using the publisher org, but App2 was created using a different org.

For App2, we like to replace the existing package with an updated one. The “Replacement Package” list however, only contains packages created from the publisher orgHow can we replace the existing package for App2 by a newer package that is created using another developer's org?

Thanks,

Davood

• December 20, 2006

Hi,

I can sort Opportunity Line Items into any desired order through the UI. How can I do this through the API? Where are you storing my chosen sort order?

Thanks,

de

• July 09, 2004

Hi,

I would like to do a few experiments with currencies on my developer edition account. Could you tell me how I can have currencies enabled?

Thanks,

de

• July 06, 2004

I would like to have the Self-Service feature of the application activated for my developer edition in order to explore this aspect of the salesforce.com

How do I go about this?

Thanks

• March 09, 2004

Is it possible to set up Account Teams with the developer edition of SForce?

I don't see the option in my Customize...Accounts.

Michael S. Scherotter

Mindjet LLC