• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Could you give me a handle on the security issue I'm encountering with the following command:

SoapBindingStub binding =(SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new URL(this.getParameter("serverURL")));

The applet runs smoothy through debug mode (which grants all permissions).  But when I run the applet through my browser (IE), it uses another security file that causes the following exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDKHooks.<clinit>(JDKHooks.java:75)

at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:412)

at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:378)

at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:80)

at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:72)

at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:81)

at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:143)

at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:152)

at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator.<init>(SforceServiceLocator.java:10)

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createClassLoader)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkCreateClassLoader(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.PsuedoSystemClassLoader.<init>(PsuedoSystemClassLoader.java:73)

at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.findSystemClassLoader(JDK12Hooks.java:215)

at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.<clinit>(JDK12Hooks.java:73)

... 23 more

Any suggestions to overcome this issue?

And just out of curiosity, is there official documentation this scontrol stuff? 

Thanks,

Tan

Hi,

I read that it's possible to make calls to the API from javascript, but I would "need to use MSXML as a com object embedded in your page".  How would I go about doing this? 

I appreciate any help in getting me started

Tan

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve "Standard User" from the Name field of the Profile object with the following query: "select Id, Name from Profile where Name = Standard User"  but that always complains about a malformed query. 

So I tried "select Id, Name from Profile" and then cast the result into Profile objects, and then scan for a Profile with Name equal to "Standard User".   However, the contents of the Profile names are unexpecting:

PT1
Custom: Marketing Profile
Custom: Sales Profile
Custom: Support Profile 
PT2
PT3
PT4
PT5
PT6

The Profile names represented by the PT# different for different logins, and so I cannot consistently select Standard User.  Any clues, hints?

Thanks,

Tan

• April 21, 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve "Standard User" from the Name field of the Profile object with the following query: "select Id, Name from Profile where Name = Standard User"  but that always complains about a malformed query. 

So I tried "select Id, Name from Profile" and then cast the result into Profile objects, and then scan for a Profile with Name equal to "Standard User".   However, the contents of the Profile names are unexpecting:

PT1
Custom: Marketing Profile
Custom: Sales Profile
Custom: Support Profile 
PT2
PT3
PT4
PT5
PT6

The Profile names represented by the PT# different for different logins, and so I cannot consistently select Standard User.  Any clues, hints?

Thanks,

Tan

• April 21, 2004