• 50 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone come across this issue, I have created a VisualForce page that I am displaying on a dashboard as a component.  Normal functionality for a dashboard component allows you to click to drill down.  This isn't the case with a visualforce dashboard component.  So to work around this I created a command button called details that when clicked redirects to my drill down report.  As an administrator this seems to be working perfectly.  You click on the details button and it opens the report in a full window.  As a non-administrator it is working differently.  When they click on the details button it is opening up the report but in the size of the dashboard component instead of a full window.  I don't understand why the functionality differs between users.  I would love your comments or work arounds.  Below is my code.

<apex:page controller="retrieveASNAccounts"> <apex:form > <apex:commandButton action="{!detail}" value="Details"/> <apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accounts}" var="a"> <apex:column value="{!a.name}"/> <apex:column dir="" value="{!a.First_ASN_Date__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page> ______________________________________________________________________ public class retrieveASNAccounts { public List<Account> getAccounts() { return [SELECT Name, First_ASN_Date__c FROM Account WHERE Account.ownerId =: userInfo.getUserId()AND First_ASN_Date__c != null order by First_ASN_Date__c DESC limit 10]; } public PageReference detail() { PageReference details = new PageReference('https://na5.salesforce.com/00O70000002ZGDl'); details.setRedirect(true); return details; } }

We have a requirement to have a simple Site page we are using for advanced web-to-lead translated and displayed in Chinese, in addition to the English language version we are using today. We can manually edit the field labels in the VF page, but that doesn't handle the picklists. Any ideas on the best way to accomplish this? We want the same source / picklists to render in Chinese for a different page.

At Dreamforce, they showed Chatter with Groups.  Should I try to build out Groups on my own as a separate object and tie Chatter using the API / Apex or should I wait for Salesforce to rollout grouping and hashtags..etc.

Thoughts? 

I have created a custom object. As per the documentation, to create a trigger it says go to Setup | Create | Objects. When I go to the triggers section there is no "new" button??? How do you create a trigger please? 

Hi all,

I am a Software Developer stepping into the salesforce.com application development. My idea is to connect to LinkedIn through the API and work on the public data. My area of concern is where to find Linkedin API and how to use it with Apex code. I have search a lot but landed no where.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanking You

Regards,

Ajeet

• July 29, 2009

Has anyone come across this issue, I have created a VisualForce page that I am displaying on a dashboard as a component.  Normal functionality for a dashboard component allows you to click to drill down.  This isn't the case with a visualforce dashboard component.  So to work around this I created a command button called details that when clicked redirects to my drill down report.  As an administrator this seems to be working perfectly.  You click on the details button and it opens the report in a full window.  As a non-administrator it is working differently.  When they click on the details button it is opening up the report but in the size of the dashboard component instead of a full window.  I don't understand why the functionality differs between users.  I would love your comments or work arounds.  Below is my code.

<apex:page controller="retrieveASNAccounts"> <apex:form > <apex:commandButton action="{!detail}" value="Details"/> <apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accounts}" var="a"> <apex:column value="{!a.name}"/> <apex:column dir="" value="{!a.First_ASN_Date__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page> ______________________________________________________________________ public class retrieveASNAccounts { public List<Account> getAccounts() { return [SELECT Name, First_ASN_Date__c FROM Account WHERE Account.ownerId =: userInfo.getUserId()AND First_ASN_Date__c != null order by First_ASN_Date__c DESC limit 10]; } public PageReference detail() { PageReference details = new PageReference('https://na5.salesforce.com/00O70000002ZGDl'); details.setRedirect(true); return details; } }

We were planning to do a branded domain name for our Sites implementation (let's say example.com).  We reserved the domain name but have not pointed it at anything (no DNS records).  I asked for a CNAME record to be created for example.com to point to example.force.com, and my network folks tell me they can't do a CNAME record for example.com -- it has to be for www.example.com or somesuch subdomain. 

Is that correct?  And in that case, anyone leaving off the www (or whatever) would not get our site to resolve, correct?  (Unless I host example.com and do a redirect or something.)

I want to avoid having any of our servers involved in this.  Any suggestions?

• May 15, 2009

Hi!

I have controller that returns a visualforce page as a pdf. It works in my development organization but when I installed it into my production organization it stopped working. It seems like it has something to do with the security settings since I get the site is down for maintenance message. Is there somewhere I can enable pdf generation for the public user? I couldn't see it in the site settings anywhere.

• April 30, 2009
We have a requirement to have a simple Site page we are using for advanced web-to-lead translated and displayed in Chinese, in addition to the English language version we are using today. We can manually edit the field labels in the VF page, but that doesn't handle the picklists. Any ideas on the best way to accomplish this? We want the same source / picklists to render in Chinese for a different page.

Hi,

I created some rss feeds in a developer organization, but I don't appear to have the option in my production organization. I'm assuming this is because RSS Feeds aren't available in the pilot. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Scott

• April 28, 2009

Hi,

Is it possible to use SOSL in public sites. I have a search query that always returns 0. I know there are objects of the type I'm returning that match the query I'm passing in, and the public user has read access to the object. Do I need to enable search for the user some how? 

Thanks!

Scott

• April 27, 2009

I am thinking about developing an Ecommerce site using sites, however I am running to some economic issues. First being costs.   If I have an ecommerce application, which would get millions of hits a month, the cost to host it per month is going to be north of 3k.   Then when I add customers that want to check thier accounts, I understand that I need a customer portal license as well.   So if I have 20k customers, I am looking at 20K per month in portal fees, yet maybe only 200 or 300 users will log in to thier portal each month.    

I am wondering if I am missing anything here?   I have tried to talk to sales about this, but I haven't heard back.

Thanks

I configured my Site in Sandbox to use Login IP Ranges on the <site name> Profile / Guest User License

1. If the user goes to the home page from one of the defined Login IP Ranges, the page displays

2. If the user goes to the home page from outside of one of the defined Login IP Ranges, the 'Under Maintenance' page displays.

This doesn't seem right - Shouldn't I get the Unauthorized Page?

I want unauthorized users to get a page stating that a) if they are an employee of mycompany - access is available only on the intranet/VPN and b) otherwise, access is denied.  The Under maintenance' page should be used when I, the admin, have the site down for maintenance.

Thanks

Eric 

I need to create several approvals on an Opportunity before it is marked as "Closed Won".

The approvals needed are the following -
  1. Sales Manager to approve any discounts of products
  2. Inventory Mgr to approve availability of products
  3. Finance to approve pricing & discounts of products as well.

These approvals can happen in parallel by different users belonging to the 3 different divisions - Sales, Finance, and Operations.

I tried creating multiple Approval Processes for Sales, Inventory and Finance but since they are all associated with the Opportunity object - so only 1 of the Approval process is getting triggered. Using Approval Steps make it a serial process?

Any idea how I could implement this?
I am having issues creating customer portal user using the API. Following is the sample code snippet.

Contact cc = new Contact();
    cc.FirstName = ' test';
    cc.LastName='dd';
    List <Contact> insertCon = new List<Contact> ();
    insertCon.add(cc);
    insert insertCon;

User insertUser = new User();
    insertUser.Username='dddd@test.com';
    insertUser.LastName='Name';
    insertUser.Email='ddd@test.com';
    insertUser.Alias='dddd';
    insertUser.TimeZoneSidKey='America/Los_Angeles';
    insertUser.LocaleSidKey='en_US';
    insertUser.EmailEncodingKey='UTF-8';
    insertUser.ProfileId='00eT0000000e5yN';
    insertUser.LanguageLocaleKey='en_US';
    insertUser.UserRoleId='00ET0000000muU0';
    insertUser.ContactId=cc.Id;
    insertUser.isActive=true;
    List <User> insertUsers = new List<User> ();

insertUsers.add(insertUser);

insert insertUsers;

I am getting the following error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Invalid role assignment.

The values for profile and role IDs are from an existing customer portal user. This being the case, I am not sure why the error log indicates that there is an issue with the role assignment. If it is an issue, I don't know how to determine the correct profile and role when creating the user. Should I be looking for a specific type of role or profile?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chitra

See subject. My client is looking into the possibility of using Force.com for certain e-commerce applications, and wants to know if using it for data storage will help with PCI compliance. I was unable to find any information about it in the help here.

Thanks in advance.
  • April 16, 2008
Can the Excel Connector be used to take a list of email addresses that our newsletter system says have opted out, search for the address in Salesforce Contacts and then update the Opt-Out flag if it is found?

Or is there another way to do this?

...Dave