• 5 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a formula which does not seem to behave as expected.

I calculate from a number field (6,2) which hold hours values in decimal format:

by that I mean 27.50 is actually 27 hours and 30 minutes.

TEXT(FLOOR({!MyNumField} /24))&" Days "&TEXT(MOD(FLOOR({!MyNumField} ),24)) &" Hrs "
&RIGHT(TEXT(FLOOR({!MyNumField} /100*60)),2)&" Mins"

MyNumField = 48.91

This returns:

2 Days 0 Hrs 29 Mins

which is not correct, since should be 2 Days 0 Hrs 55 Mins

Now strange thing is that sometimes it does return the expected calculation.

Am probably missing something or is it a problem that I dont treat numbers as numbers here.

Thx
  • December 14, 2006
We currently use SFDC to track Support cases at our company and we're using a pretty stock Case tab. When editing the Case details, upon saving the record, the Last Modified date is updated as expected. However, the support engineers are very fond of using a related list - Case Comments to continually add comments to the case. They like that each Comment is encapsulated by itself (as opposed to a giant scrolling textbox) which keeps track of who when and what was happening. However, they'd like the Case Detail last modified date to be updated each time a comment is updated or created.

In talking with Basic support at SFDC, they didn't think this was possible. One solution that I could think of is to write some sort of scheduled job outside (like .NET) of SFDC that periodically checks all the cases and then update the last modified date of the Case detail if the max(last modified) field of any related comment is greater than the last modified date of the case detail. However, before going this route, I was wondering if there was another method that others have used that I haven't found in my (so far in vain) searching on the web.
I'm also questioning if I can/should be able to directly modify the last modified date field in the case details table in sfdc.

Thanks in advance,
Frank.
  • February 22, 2008
Hello,

How can I create a formula which will indicate the time it took my employees to answer a case.

I have the "status" field and actually I want to measure the time between the case is opened and time the status field value was changed from "new" to any other value.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
  • March 04, 2007
I created a formula which does not seem to behave as expected.

I calculate from a number field (6,2) which hold hours values in decimal format:

by that I mean 27.50 is actually 27 hours and 30 minutes.

TEXT(FLOOR({!MyNumField} /24))&" Days "&TEXT(MOD(FLOOR({!MyNumField} ),24)) &" Hrs "
&RIGHT(TEXT(FLOOR({!MyNumField} /100*60)),2)&" Mins"

MyNumField = 48.91

This returns:

2 Days 0 Hrs 29 Mins

which is not correct, since should be 2 Days 0 Hrs 55 Mins

Now strange thing is that sometimes it does return the expected calculation.

Am probably missing something or is it a problem that I dont treat numbers as numbers here.

Thx
  • December 14, 2006
Is there any way to do a redirect, instead of a popup window using a HYPERLINK formula? I'm referencing an Scontrol, so would like it to behave like a Custom Link with an scontrol that uses parent.frames.

Thanks,
Ryan

Message Edited by Grinster650 on 12-08-2005 01:16 PM

A new version (V2.1) of DBAmp as been posted at the DBAmp open source project. Details are available at www.forceamp.com . The new version provides UPDATE /DELETE support as well as some performance enhancements. Questions regarding DBAmp can be posted in this forum (Open Source).

Thanks,
Bill Emerson
forceAmp.com

Message Edited by qman on 10-28-2005 05:14 PM

• October 26, 2005
After I successfully uploaded Opportunity objects and their OpportunityLineItem objects, I failed to upload OpportunityLineItemSchedule objects. I got this error "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id
" I'm not sure why this happened, I am sure I have enough access rights to create new opportunities and add products on line in the salesforce.com.  Does anyone have any idea about why this happened?

I have a very minor feature request for Salesforce and would like to contact someone about it.  After a quick look around the site I can't tell how to do so.  Can someone please assist me?  How do I make a feature request?  Who should I contact?  The request is minor.  I need a certain permission file added to the Web service machines so that the technology I'm using will work.

Thanks.

Ali